Suggest some shoes for my wedding recption, YEAH!

Originally Posted by Driftracer

if you are going to wear sneakers for the reception, you have to bust out with your holy grail. make sure your grooms man are wearing heat. its your wedding u can do whatever u want.

for me I would wear concord xi's
Oh you don't know? It's really not his wedding, its HER wedding. lol. I don't know about asking the groomsmen to wear"heat". What if the groomsmen are not sneakerheads? I know I wouldn't feel comfortable asking someone to drop a few hundreds $$ on shoes whenthey will probably won't "enjoy" them. Particularly in the current economic state we're in. That's just me though.

Wow. Some people in here are illiterate.

Anyway, it's your day. So here are some suggestions.

Celtic Dunk High ( I have a DS pair, size 10, in my sig. The pair posted on the first page is the vintage re issue. Check the link in my sig.
That "Vintage"/worn look I don't think will complement the suit)

Altitude XIII (Pretty much all black with the green bottom)

Adventure Pack AM1 (more of an Olive Green)

Good luck.

yeah wear good dress shoes......

THEN CHANGE INTO THE SNEAKERS AFTER THE CEREMONY TO DANCE OR WHATEVER

and make sure they are hard! black/volt max 90s

Originally Posted by Chewdeezy

If you guys can read, he's asking what to wear during his reception.
roll.gif
smokin.gif

Towards the end of my wedding reception last fall my groomsmen and I wore Zoom Tennis Trainers. My family knew I'd bring out something and everyone lovedthe touch.

I've also been to numerous receptions where people wore Chucks or Vans.

Ron invite me to Chicago for the festivities!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by Vivrantchino21

wear dress shoes

go with the classy choice
dress shoes...if the sneaker doesn't mean anything to you, just a gimmick to wear with a suit...that is pretty lame...this is (hopefully) theone time you are married so make it right

Originally Posted by Chewdeezy

If you guys can read, he's asking what to wear during his reception.

yeah, but if YOU can read, you would see he'll still be wearing a suit kimosabe

and like said before, id just go with some classy dress shoes, ferragamo wont steer you wrong
pimp.gif

Seriously wearing a fresh pair of Ferragamos in all black will look better than wearing sneakers to an event like that. Think of what her family will think ofyou wearing sneakers, immature much?

dnt listen to everyone...i feel its just as important to u as it is to her so y not wear something u want......hey thats ur business im not guna seat here andargue wat looks good of not cuz everyone has their own style.....best of luck to u and ur future wife hope the wedding comes out great ...and take piks andpost em if u do end up wearing sneakers on ur big day

Originally Posted by xeneize10

The VICK jersey strikes again.
If you have the time, maybe you should look into making some IDs like someone else here suggested. You could put the date of your wedding on them and its something that you could cherish forever.
ooo yea this is a great idea IMO

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

^^ quick thought.... sugar ray 8s????? it might be costly but it would be an awesome way to remember the wedding day!
i second that thought

Originally Posted by L7OSER

Black Chuck Taylors + a suit =
pimp.gif
if pulled off correctly

We actually do this quite a bit. It's a good look.

Thanks for the suggeston so far, folks.

Originally Posted by duerr

Originally Posted by L7OSER

Black Chuck Taylors + a suit =
pimp.gif
if pulled off correctly

We actually do this quite a bit. It's a good look.

Thanks for the suggeston so far, folks.
I am sorry I have to disagree and SMH....chuck taylors and a suit is so early 2000 Los Angeles wannabee douchebaggery uniform....can someone in LAback me up here? Chucks in a Suit and like everyone else says...any sneakers with suits look wack...just not in "style" anymore.

Wear it for comfort and be done....or do not wear a tie. A fully tailored "wedding reception" suit with tie and cufflinks and rocking AF1s in green? OH NO. Ugh...maybe its a regional thing...I did not check which part of the country you are from. In the end, it seems you already made up your mind.
Congrats and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Back
Top Bottom