Subaru Impreza heads need feedback!!

So I was looking to buy a daily driver and came up on this 2002 Subaru Impreza. It does have a reconstructed title!!! Which worries me!!! But it seems like a good deal check it out and give me feedback if its worth looking into. Its listed at $5900 how expensive are the parts and mechanical jobs. [table][tr][td][h1]
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan AWD [/h1][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
sp.gif

[table][tr][td][img]http://photos6.ebizautos.com/used-2002-subaru-impreza-25rs-8515-5454383-1-107.jpg[/img]
[img]http://photos6.ebizautos.com/used-2002-subaru-impreza-25rs-8515-5454383-2-107.jpg[/img]
[img]http://photos6.ebizautos.com/used-2002-subaru-impreza-25rs-8515-5454383-3-107.jpg[/img][/td][td][/td][td]

[/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]
VIN:

JF1GD67592H518383

Condition:

Pre-Owned Other Title

Mileage:

Stock No:

Warranty:

Warranty Available

Transmission:

Automatic

Engine:

2.5L H4 SFI DOHC 16V Gasoline

Drivetrain:

All Wheel Drive

Exterior Color:

sp.gif

Silver

Interior Color:

sp.gif

Gray
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

i drive the same model but its a wrx. i LOVE it. its fun to drive with the all wheel drive. so far ive had no problems and ive had it since june lol. just basic brake pad change, oil change, and your regular maintenance schedules. my car is listed as salvaged and i got it with 40k miles on it for 7k flat. ive had no problems. only thing i dislike about it is the amount of space in the back. if your a big dude and you like your seat far back then the rear seats wont really have any knee space. but other than that its a nice car

HELL to the NO.

even a wrx automatic will be about same price with a clear title and maybe less miles. regular impreza w/ salv title AND 124k miles? worth like 3-4k tops.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

HELL to the NO.

even a wrx automatic will be about same price with a clear title and maybe less miles. regular impreza w/ salv title AND 124k miles? worth like 3-4k tops.

wrx on average are 10k and with that mileage maybe 8k

Yea! Im looking into an Impreza but have never really looked at what they go for. I already have 04 Dodge ram V8 but need something for a daily driver and I really wanted to get an Impreza. I guess I l will look around more and I might still go look at this one and test drive it.

I'm sorry but I would never spend a dime on something with a reconstructed title. I believe in NY they don't even title those, its salvage or clean. NO WAY!! for that much money man u can get a better daily driver. A LS 400 or an SC or something hell to the nah

Originally Posted by filipin0y

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

HELL to the NO.

wrx on average are 10k and with that mileage maybe 8k

it really all depends on the car. from what i've noticed a stock bugeye with maybe 80-90k miles should be around 8k. for 10k it better be in really good condition and lower miles. OP, why does it have to be a stock base impreza? do you just like the car or are you looking into a economical awd? if you don't care about tuning or modding or going fast, then yea you should look into a legacy over an impreza. a little more luxurious and better for a daily driver.

yeah if you want a little power, get the wrx. but if you just wanna get to point a to b with no care what soever then the impreza is a good car. but if you want more SWAG legacy will do the trick.

Well I mean I do like power so I mean if I can find a good deal on a WRX I could go that way! Are the basic impreza's really that slow? Or could I mod it a bit and add some power!

Are you sure this is even a WRX? It doenst have a hood scoop. I think he just put on the wing and decal LOL

My cousin has one which he got for cheap from an old fellow who just stored it @ his farm. It was a steal and literally still had the plastic wraps inside.

anyhow, $5Gs for a rebuilt WRX sounds like bad news to me. I'd spend a bit more for a clear titled one. Actually, F buying a used WRX with 100,000mi on it...damn.

Silverline seemed legit when I went out there. I see no reason to not buy that car for a cheaper price.

Originally Posted by Diego1984

Well I mean I do like power so I mean if I can find a good deal on a WRX I could go that way! Are the basic impreza's really that slow? Or could I mod it a bit and add some power!
dont get this one tho. find a wrx youll enjoy it alot. and impreza isnt really performance type. but the wrx is business... and if you mod the regular impreza it wont really get you anywhere

I would recommend against it. Subaru's are probably one of thee worst cars to repair because of their delicate AWD systems. Any impact could have been a control arm of done damage to the differential(s). Don't get me started on the unibody...I'll just say the design is meant to shift the impact, which can cause more damage to the car, damage which can be conceleaed by the interior. Its not worth the hassle driving a car like a Subaru after an accident because it will never drive straight again.

Back
Top Bottom