Student died after eating 5 day old pasta

This is sad as ****. In food safety, food should never be left for more than two hours in a temperature range known as the danger zone. The danger zone is about 40-140 degrees Fahrenheit.

Even if your leftovers are refrigerated, you probably shouldn't eat five day old leftovers.

Postmates already be taking 30 minutes smh. We got 1.5 hrs before it gets bacillused.

What's y'alls max days for leftovers in the fridge
For example

Sunday: Cook
Monday: Eat
Tues: Eat
Weds: Eat

I make sure I finish because I refuse to throw food out.

So anything after 36 hours, I would be cautious.

It was refrigerated after 2 days of being left out, and ate 3 days later according to the video, he should have never ate it after he smelled it tho

Last edited:
I've smelled pasta that's been left out for 2 or 3 days, and that smell is terrible. Can't imagine he didn't smell it when he opened the lid. Still, RIP.

2-3 days depending on the type of food is my max. And that’s in the fridge too. Food left on the countertop is getting consumed that day or thrown in the trash.

My girl’s mom be whipping up massive amounts of sauce/salsa at times and freezes it in ziplock bags to use at a later date. I get that it’s a little different since that **** going into deep freeze or whatever, but I’m still cautious and have no problem denying certain meals she cooks. My stomach ain’t built for that.

Also, I had no idea about this fried rice syndrome..

I'll add that playboy's gut flora was either really bad or nonexistent due to his meal preparation/storage habits. The recent pasta consumption must've been the final straw for his body.

3 days max for leftovers in the fridge and that's usually because I'm going to be in the mood for some other food anyways.

If I expect to eat something further down the line, I'll just seal it and freeze it

Back
Top Bottom