Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

how so, I fully comprehend that you were using provoke in lieu of the word arouse.
what you're saying is that because a woman dresses, acts or does certain things if she gets raped it is her fault because she provoked it?
if u thinking that a woman can provoke a man into beating her then u must believe that a woman can provoke a man into rapping her ,,,

I dont think either ... im all for walking away if being provoke ... im not the one saying provokes mean a woman beating a man then getting beat back.
Ladies do not scream at your man, that is provoking him to hit you.

Ladies do not wear booty shorts late at night, that is provoking a man to rape you.

a
I think people had a problem with Stephen A's choice of the word "provoke", you can't throw that word around when talking about domestic violence or man on woman violence. Provoke means differently for different people.

To me, provoking would be hitting someone or coming at them with a weapon but another person's idea of being provoked could be "that b*tch is running her mouth too much, I'll shut her up." Stephen A Smith was saying comments like, "women: don't say or do anything to provoke a man's anger" which came across as: women have to walk on eggshells because if they "provoke" a man by angering him or upsetting him, this is what happens.

I got the gist of what Stephen A was trying to say, it was just poorly worded.
.& in a sterile, sensitive media environment of COURSE there was going to be outrage.
QFE.
I'm sure he had good intentions, but its very hard to word. Especially when correlated to the recent incidents. Apology totally appropriate.

When did I say it was only hitting? Quote it.

Look up the word provoke, now tell us if you could provoke a rape.

While you're at it tell us what raping has to do with what SAS was even talking about without doing the beadle reach
Biggest troll I ever seen. When did SAS said woman please don't hit dudes so you won't get hit? Buahahahaha

So hard for you to be normal ....

Exactly my point ... A woman can't provoke a man to rape her the same way a woman can't provoke a man to hit her.

You must be a genius.

Ladies do not scream at your man, that is provoking him to hit you.

Ladies do not wear booty shorts late at night, that is provoking a man to rape you.
This kids are so ignorant that they are arguing their logic ... Is comical..... They don't believe a woman can provoke a man to rape them but they can provoke them to getting beat. Buahahahhahaha

Biggest troll I ever seen. When did SAS said woman please don't hit dudes so you won't get hit? Buahahahaha

So hard for you to be normal ....

Exactly my point ... A woman can't provoke a man to rape her the same way a woman can't provoke a man to hit her.

You must be a genius.

Once you resort to "your a troll" you've lost.

What you don't get is that hitting someone (or other forms of domestic violence) is in no way related to raping someone. Beadle brainwashed you with just one tweet. Your attempts to insult everyone who's told you different doesn't help your case

Last edited:
Guys if you believe a person can provoke someone to hit them, you HAVE to believe they can provoke someone to rape them.

They are not exclusive ideas, because Michelle Beadle logic.

When did I say it was only hitting? Quote it.

Look up the word provoke, now tell us if you could provoke a rape.

While you're at it tell us what raping has to do with what SAS was even talking about without doing the beadle reach

I think you should look up the word provoke and the different possible meanings behind it.

"stimulate or give rise to (a reaction or emotion, typically a strong or unwelcome one) in someone."

"stimulate or incite (someone) to do or feel something"

If SAS is saying don't provoke or you may get abused. Rape absolutely falls into that abuse category. Provoke is a very general word. Abuse can mean many different things. The problem is you're thinking of rape as a purely sexual thing. It can and often is a POWER thing. So a man can definitely rape a woman in anger. Or rape her because she belittled him. It's not a stretch at all to jump to the conclusion that Beadle did. She pushed it a little further to make a point but it's along the same lines SAS was walking across.

SAS used provoke VERY generally. He was talking about violence against women which can = rape. Beadle was NOT out of bounds in bringing up that comparison. He decided to not draw a line when he said what he said. If he said specifically "women don't hit a man or he may hit you back" - there would be no outrage...

Unless y'all have some type of mental illness or abuse I guess you won't understand what a triggering action can do to some people.

I think you should look up the word provoke and the different possible meanings behind it.

"stimulate or give rise to (a reaction or emotion, typically a strong or unwelcome one) in someone."

If SAS is saying don't provoke or you may get abused. Rape absolutely falls into that abuse category. Provoke is a very general word. Abuse can mean many different things. The problem is you're thinking of rape as a purely sexual thing. It can and often is a POWER thing. So a man can definitely rape a woman in anger. Or rape her because she belittled him. It's not a stretch at all to jump to the conclusion that Beadle did. She pushed it a little further to make a point but it's along the same lines SAS was walking across.

SAS used provoke VERY generally. He was talking about violence against women which can = rape. Beadle was NOT out of bounds in bringing up that comparison. He decided to not draw a line when he said what he said. If he said specifically "women don't hit a man or he may hit you back" - there would be no outrage...

Back when the thread started we've already established that SAS chose the wrong word.

a
QFE.
I'm sure he had good intentions, but its very hard to word. Especially when correlated to the recent incidents. Apology totally appropriate.
good intentions? Maybe ... What I heard was a person saying that violence is OK if provoked. Damn right apology is needed. If the dude knew he didn't **** up he wouldn't be sorry. Come on ...

Unless y'all have some type of mental illness or abuse I guess you won't understand what a triggering action can do to some people.

You don't need any of that. You just need to be a competent, empathetic human who is willing to be educated. Unfortunately, most of NT doesn't fit that mold.

Back when the thread started we've already established that SAS chose the wrong word.

So why are you arguing? You know SAS was wrong because he used the wrong word (multiple times even after he could clarify). You know that Beadle was right to call him out because he used the wrong word. So what are you arguing for exactly? You told him to look up the word provoke and explain if you could "provoke" a rape - and I explained it to you.

Guys if you believe a person can provoke someone to hit them, you HAVE to believe they can provoke someone to rape them.

because they are the same thing right.... :smh:

Blaster what don't you get?

SMH ... Look up the word troll ... You'll see why I called you that ... I'm sure its hard to understand seeing that u have a problem understanding provoke ....

So why are you arguing? You know SAS was wrong because he used the wrong word (multiple times even after he could clarify). You know that Beadle was right to call him out because he used the wrong word. So what are you arguing for exactly? You told him to look up the word provoke and explain if you could "provoke" a rape - and I explained it to you.
But then he gets mad when I call him Troll ... Can u look that meaning up so he can understand why I called him that. Buahahhaaha

:lol:

I will never in my life tell a rape victim they provoked that.

But if a person, male or female, tells me they just woke up from a right hook induced nap and the last thing they remember is punching someone else and yelling in their face..... Well you know.

Provoke to be raped? Because that has anything to do with what's being said at all during that first take segment? Beadle really has y'all foreal.

The two situations have nothing to do with each other, that's the point. Even your made up story (or who ever said it) of going out with a short skirt on is a reach to comparing it to the ray rice situation if her hitting him.

That REACH to compare the two situations alone is laughable

:lol:

I will never in my life tell a rape victim they provoked that.

But if a person, male or female, tells me they just woke up from a right hook induced nap and the last thing they remember is punching someone else and yelling in their face..... Well you know.

This

Let a rape victim know she provoked it. She made someone force sex on her. Tell them he raped her in defense

Now tell someone who got clocked that they shouldn't of fought the person and made them retaliate in defense.

Last edited:
Provoke to be raped? Because that has anything to do with what's being said at all during that first take segment? Beadle really has y'all foreal.

The two situations have nothing to do with each other, that's the point. Even your made up story (or who ever said it) of going out with a short skirt on is a reach to comparing it to the ray rice situation if her hitting him.

That REACH to compare the two situations alone is laughable
Rat rice once again pro football player that gets hit by 250+ line backers has to put his wife to sleep because big old her hit him? You sure know how to make points ... Like he couldn't control or restrain her right? You are a joke ...

Back
Top Bottom