Steelers' Anthony Smith guarantees win over Patriots

I seen the video clip. He never said he guarantees a win. He said he's confident they'll win because he has faith in his teamates. What is he supposedto say? "I think we're gonna lose?"

Originally Posted by presequel

who?

Outta the Cuse
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

2nd round pick

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

I seen the video clip. He never said he guarantees a win. He said he's confident they'll win because he has faith in his teamates. What is he supposed to say? "I think we're gonna lose?"

i guess that's what these niketalkers would rather see. someone who has faith in his teammates is vilified, so i guess the next player who guarantees aloss will be praised. you people are funny.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

What is he supposed to say? "I think we're gonna lose?"

no, just don't be a $%!%!@+ and say anything that will motivate the other team.

going undefeated isnt motivation enough?
proving you dont have to cheat to win?
shutting up the rapping grandpa mercury morris?

pats have plenty of motivation

no, just don't be a $%!%!@+ and say anything that will motivate the other team.
the OTHER team? he's trying to motivate HIS team. and he's doing a great job. we need more people like this kid.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

I seen the video clip. He never said he guarantees a win. He said he's confident they'll win because he has faith in his teamates. What is he supposed to say? "I think we're gonna lose?"

i guess that's what these niketalkers would rather see. someone who has faith in his teammates is vilified, so i guess the next player who guarantees a loss will be praised. you people are funny.

nope, he doesn't have to say his team will lose, he just needs to shut-up. he hasn;t done enough in this league to predict any kind of victory againstanyone

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

i guess that's what these niketalkers would rather see. someone who has faith in his teammates is vilified, so i guess the next player who guarantees a loss will be praised. you people are funny.

nope, he doesn't have to say his team will lose, he just needs to shut-up. he hasn;t done enough in this league to predict any kind of victory against anyone

that's bogus. because he isn't a seasoned vet he isn't allowed to predict victory? that doesn't make any sense. EVERYBODY guaranteesvictory, unless they suck. the only difference here is that a microphone was in this guys face when he made his guarantee.
you guys should get made at the players who DON'T guarantee victory. that shows that they have little confidence in their team.

eddiehouse5 you have it all wrong...

this guy really hasn't done anything in the league for him to be talking about what his team is or isn't going to do...there's confidence, but thenwhen you try and make a name for yourself by yapping it up to the media...why do you think guys like Big Ben and Hines Ward who are leaders of the teamdon't go and run their mouths? they know better than that, their job is to stay focused and just play football not make headlines...this Smith guywasn't even in the LEAGUE yet when the Steelers won their SB...what a clown
laugh.gif

it's like when Freddi Mitchell was talking shhhh about the Pats DB's or w/e before the Super Bowl...he was a nobody, hadn't accomplished anythingin the league yet has the nerve to open his mouth and talk trash...

i remember dude got rocked by somebody during that game too when he went for a catch...me and the boys were loving it
laugh.gif
announcers said something slickafter it happened too

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

nope, he doesn't have to say his team will lose, he just needs to shut-up. he hasn;t done enough in this league to predict any kind of victory against anyone

that's bogus. because he isn't a seasoned vet he isn't allowed to predict victory? that doesn't make any sense. EVERYBODY guarantees victory, unless they suck. the only difference here is that a microphone was in this guys face when he made his guarantee.
you guys should get made at the players who DON'T guarantee victory. that shows that they have little confidence in their team.
you know what, i wouldn;t be suprised if some of the steelers players (or coaching staff at least) pulled him aside and had a few words with thekid..... told him to keep his mouth shut.

Originally Posted by DaT SiCk KiD

eddiehouse5 you have it all wrong...

this guy really hasn't done anything in the league for him to be talking about what his team is or isn't going to do...there's confidence, but then when you try and make a name for yourself by yapping it up to the media...why do you think guys like Big Ben and Hines Ward who are leaders of the team don't go and run their mouths? they know better than that, their job is to stay focused and just play football not make headlines...this Smith guy wasn't even in the LEAGUE yet when the Steelers won their SB...what a clown
laugh.gif

it's like when Freddi Mitchell was talking shhhh about the Pats DB's or w/e before the Super Bowl...he was a nobody, hadn't accomplished anything in the league yet has the nerve to open his mouth and talk trash...

i remember dude got rocked by somebody during that game too when he went for a catch...me and the boys were loving it
laugh.gif
announcers said something slick after it happened too

no, i see what the problem is. espn has you guys not even thinking about stuff anymore. if an unaccomplished player runs his mouth, he's not allowed tobecause he hasn't proven anything- however, when a proven player does the same thing, we vilify him as well. we call him cocky, and other stupidity.whatever though, we just come from two different schools of thought. i think one way, you think the other.
you know what, i wouldn;t be suprised if some of the steelers players (or coaching staff at least) pulled him aside and had a few words with the kid..... told him to keep his mouth shut.
neither would i, because i'm sure more than a few people in that organization think that the patriots are going to run up the score on sundayand have no faith in their team. they probably said something along the lines of 'don't fire up the other team' as if the pats don't haveenough motivation without this kid saying anything.

Back
Top Bottom