STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Ummmmm, in terms of beef, make sure it's a lean cut.
Alot of 'steak" is quite fatty.
Not a fan of chix breasts?

I bought some of them this past weekend. Planned on throwing them in a salad for like lunch of dinner.

My man, you can eat steak EVERYDAY on a cut if you choose to and still make progress, as long as you stay in a caloric deficit.

And dietary fat =/= body fat.

|I

I'm not gonna even waste my time on you.

PLESE, PEOPLE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

first off, its not smart to eat steak everyday, anyone with common sense knows that

anyone will agree with me.

i said to the other guy that you CAN eat it when he said you shouldnt.

i have yet to give bad advice, please hop off and go look up your bro science.

He means that eating fatty foods won't necessarily get you fat just because it's fatty. You get fat if you are eating too many calories, from whatever source.

My man, you can eat steak EVERYDAY on a cut if you choose to and still make progress, as long as you stay in a caloric deficit.
Arent you and Zyzz stating the same thing basically though?
laugh.gif

Thats it OK to eat steak and make progress?

You can eat steak every day and lose weight easily. I'm on keto diet eating steak bacon eggs etc and losing weight just fine

Arent you and Zyzz stating the same thing basically though? :lol:

thats what hes pretty much saying :lol: i think hes mad i said it before him.

someones jimmies are obviously rustled.

You can eat steak every day and lose weight easily. I'm on keto diet eating steak bacon eggs etc and losing weight just fine

sure but thats a complete different diet, not a lot of people can handle eating virtually no carbs and eating tons of fat.

i value my heart so i couldnt do that :x

To anyone looking to lose weight, you don't have to deprive yourself to get results. I've diet that way in the past and it was nothing but torture.

Now, I follow IIFYM (if it fits your macros) and there's no turning back. IIFYM means you can basically eat whatever you want as long as it meets your macros (protein, carbs, fats, calories). No, this does not mean it's ok to eat nothing but "junk" (it would be hard to do that while meeting your macros anyway). It means you can eat foods that aren't considered "clean" in your diet as long as it fits.

Carbs are fine when cutting. They should just be the first to be lowered if you need to lower your calories, as they're not needed.

Fat is not bad for you, unless we're talking excessive saturated fat's affect on health. But as far as body composition goes, it doesn't matter, as long as you're in a deficit. I get up to 200g some days. laugh.gif Might be a little excessive, but it's good fats.

IIFYM

i follow a Targeted Ketogenic Diet and my hearts the healthiest its ever been.

yes i know most say it has no affect on cholesterol levels and what not

i just feel gross :smh: no more fatty food binge eating for me

those who can do it no problem, congrats but when i eat a lot of fat it honestly feels like im gonna die :lol:

Can you elaborate on this please?

Just because you eat fat doesn't mean it's going to end up as fat in your body.

He means that eating fatty foods won't necessarily get you fat just because it's fatty. You get fat if you are eating too many calories, from whatever source.

Correcto.

No. He said you can have steak "once in a while", as if steak is bad or something. The ****? :stoneface:

I loved how shredded I'd be on keto from not holding any water. No more keto for me, though. :x :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: First post in here set off a argument. Thanks for all the input from everybody though. Anybody in here do Insanity and get good results? Just wondering.

To anyone looking to lose weight, you don't have to deprive yourself to get results. I've diet that way in the past and it was nothing but torture.

Now, I follow IIFYM (if it fits your macros) and there's no turning back. IIFYM means you can basically eat whatever you want as long as it meets your macros (protein, carbs, fats, calories). No, this does not mean it's ok to eat nothing but "junk" (it would be hard to do that while meeting your macros anyway). It means you can eat foods that aren't considered "clean" in your diet as long as it fits.

Carbs are fine when cutting. They should just be the first to be lowered if you need to lower your calories, as they're not needed.

Fat is not bad for you, unless we're talking excessive saturated fat's affect on health. But as far as body composition goes, it doesn't matter, as long as you're in a deficit. I get up to 200g some days. laugh.gif Might be a little excessive, but it's good fats.

IIFYM

Can you elaborate on this please?

Just because you eat fat doesn't mean it's going to end up as fat in your body.

Correcto.

No. He said you can have steak "once in a while", as if steak is bad or something. The ****? :stoneface:

I loved how shredded I'd be on keto from not holding any water. No more keto for me, though. :x :lol:

please leave this thread, sure you can eat steak everyday but its not smart to eat freakin red meat everyday. ive done it in the past no problem but once you get older its just not smart.

its one persons advice, we arent all built immortal where we can ignore all the rules in the medical field and still live to be 101. this is about giving information and helping not attacking people because they said something you dont agree with. no one is gonna 100% agree with you..

i just feel gross
mean.gif
no more fatty food binge eating for me
those who can do it no problem, congrats but when i eat a lot of fat it honestly feels like im gonna die
laugh.gif
ALTHOUGH to be fair i dont get alot of my fat intake from fatty meat, mostly from nuts (PAWS) and legumes

IIFYM

Last edited:

i just feel gross :smh: no more fatty food binge eating for me

those who can do it no problem, congrats but when i eat a lot of fat it honestly feels like im gonna die :lol:

ALTHOUGH to be fair i dont get alot of my fat intake from fatty meat, mostly from nuts (PAWS) and legumes

maybe for you, ive seen some of these dudes diets on BB :x :x :x

IIFYM

^^^he wanted to post his picture, i never wanna be quite that big- but my arms could take some advice from dude. Whats with that little devil head , :lol: j/p good info

Not at all. Just trying to show that you don't have to diet nearly as hard as people think to achieve the results you want.

And I don't even care to be as big (not that I consider myself big) as I am now, which is why I'm cutting...even though that'll only get me but so much smaller and I'll actually end up looking bigger. :lol:

As for arms, I added an arms day for 6 months or so and my arms blew up. I wouldn't even say I was bulking, either. Calories were all over the place. Probably came out to around maintenance during that time.

Last edited:
^^^he wanted to post his picture, i never wanna be quite that big- but my arms could take some advice from dude. Whats with that little devil head , :lol: j/p good info

And I don't even care to be as big (not that I consider myself big) as I am now, which is why I'm cutting. :lol:

As for arms, I added an arms day for 6 months or so and my arms blew up. I wouldn't even say I was bulking, either. Calories were all over the place. Probably came out to around maintenance during that time.

Yeah, i finally added an arms day in also (about 3 weeks ago), and do a little ab work that day too. What would you say about 3 different variations for each group (bi's and tri's) with 3 sets in each variation? Should i limit to doing more weight and lower reps (maybe 10, 8 ,6) since I'm trying to add some size? Previously was only doing 2 variations for each, and doing 3 sets in each with 12-16 reps (not maxing weight)

3 biceps and 3 triceps exercises is what I did, too. 16 sets total. Now that I look back, I would think 16 sets for arms seems a little excessive, but it's what worked for me. I've always stuck in the 8-10 range for arms and sometimes get up to 15 (or however many to failure) on my last set of and exercise.

I've never gone below 8 reps for arms. For one, I don't care to go that heavy in weight to the point where my reps are

Last edited:
3 biceps and 3 triceps exercises is what I did, too. 16 sets total. Now that I look back, I would think 16 sets for arms seems a little excessive, but it's what worked for me. I've always stuck in the 8-10 range for arms and sometimes get up to 15 (or however many to failure) on my last set of and exercise.
I've never gone below 8 reps for arms. For one, I don't care to go that heavy in weight to the point where my reps are <8. I believe putting mass on arms is all about getting a good contraction. But you have to see what works best for you. Maybe you'd respond better to heavier weight, lower reps.
3 exercises, 3 sets 8-10 reps?

I go for 4-5 exercises, 3 sets, maybe 4. Might seem excessive but to me feels just right, and I got that routine from a friend who is pretty built.

Back
Top Bottom