STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I'm 160 lb now and once I bulk up to 170lb, I'm gonna stop bulking forever....

I have a small head and if I get any bigger, I'm gonna look mad stupid lol. Just gonna focus on being lean

You lost weight ig. Not in a bad way.
devil.gif
lol thanks man.

i was cutting weight beginning Nov 1

dropped from 215 to 199.

the road to 183 by May is gonna be a tough but fun process

You know you oly when you're reading about how much someone lifted in pounds and you're mentally calculating how much it is in kg

cross fitters need to stop claiming oly.

it's like alt- right people claiming conservative

You know you oly when you're reading about how much someone lifted in pounds and you're mentally calculating how much it is in kg
I naturally think everything in kgs because of school :lol:

Talkin bout "well the Cunningham equation for testing metabolic rate is 500+ 22(my weight in kilograms)= RMR in kcals, therefore....."

U lost me man, only Cunningham i know is Randall

It's just an accurate way to estimate how many calories your body burns in a day, based on your fat free mass (in kilograms of course)

Every god damn calculation is in kgs it's mad annoying. America and their damn backwoods *** measurement systems got me behind in life

Last edited:
OHP
Barx5
135x5
145x3
155x3
165x3
175x3
185x3
195 fail

Think i coulda hit that 195 if i didnt do front and side shoulder raises before doing OHP. Ima hit that 195 soon tho then 200+. Im coming for that BW OHP

I think if i do ohp fresh first thing i can hit it. Ima go for it in a week. I been alternating between ohp and db press on shoulder days, feels like its help along with the band work.

OHP
Barx5
135x3
135x3

195x1

Fixed it for you.

Ya'll wanna attempt a 1RM and do 200 sets of warming/building up and then fail. Do a whole damn workout just to hit 1 rep lmfao. For OHP, if the bar don't got weights I do bar first. if it do, just 2-3 slow rep sets of 3-5 reps. Then I jump straight into it.

Deadlifts -- 2plates for about 3 sets of 3-5 -- jump right into it

squats - 135 for about 32 sets of 5, slow. 185 for about 2 sets of 3, slow. jump right into it.

Last edited:
5th set @335 off 2" deficit 5x5@ 335. I know the last two were gross.

Nah bro those were clean, just take your time and slow down, getting strong is a marathon not a sprint.

Reset after every rep so you can brace properly. 

I usually do ohp first but someone was on the rack and i dont like standing around waiting. Id rather do something in the mean time.

He has a point tho, i did too many reps/sets and the jump in weight wasnt big enough. I think i shoulda just done singles if im jumping up by 10lbs. Ah well, ima get that next time.

I usually do ohp first but someone was on the rack and i dont like standing around waiting. Id rather do something in the mean time.

He has a point tho, i did too many reps/sets and the jump in weight wasnt big enough. I think i shoulda just done singles if im jumping up by 10lbs. Ah well, ima get that next time.

to each their own but i certainly wouldn't warm up, then go straight in to a max, that sounds like a set up for disaster.... What other lift would ever possibly do that with???
would you warm up squat 135 then throw 315 on there??? same for bench same for deadlift...

lol i mean go ahead and try it.:rofl: . just my lowly opinion anyway.

to each their own but i certainly wouldn't warm up, then go straight in to a max, that sounds like a set up for disaster.... What other lift would ever possibly do that with???
would you warm up squat 135 then throw 315 on there??? same for bench same for deadlift...

lol i mean go ahead and try it.:rofl: . just my lowly opinion anyway.

Lol naw i wouldnt jump from warm up straight to 195. I think doing sets of triples combined with doing other lifts before had me gassed. If i just went up by singles i think i can hit it.

Lol u right 135 to 315 would be disaster

OHP is a tough lift to max for, theres a fine line between warming up too much or not enough and going to close to your projected max.

For 195 it should probably go like this:

Bar x 1-3x10

95x5

135x3

165x1

185x1

195x1

You could possibly do away with the 165, just depends if you want to make a 50 pound jump and risk the weight "feeling" heavier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom