STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

U right. How does one really win? I mean in a basketball game the guy with the most points wins the game. In a modeling contest, at least they can point out the walk, performance, clothing.

How does one judge a bodybuilding contest without it being subjective? KAi aint win yet and hes one of the greats. Is it cause hes older or losing hair or maybe because hes black
Race has nothing to do it with considering out of the 50 years majority of the tittles Have went to black people 21 times since 1984
(Phil Heath is black)

same with modeling contest, Aesthetics, conditioning, symmetry

SPORT
Sport (or sports) is all forms of usually competitive physical activity which,[1] through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing entertainment to participants, and in some cases, spectators.[2] Hundreds of sports exist, from those requiring only two participants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals.
I can tell your going to take all of this personally but **** it lets go

Your literally being judged on how you look by a group of dudes, period, how is that a sport? I don't care about the dictionary definition of it, the reality of it is that there isn't a clear winner. In boxing you can go by number of punches landed and most of the time there is a clear winner.

No one is saying they don't train hard. Just don't go around calling it something that it isn't.

A better argument can be made for weightlifting/powerlifting, you either lift the weight or you don't. Doesn't matter how pretty it is along as it moves from A to B to A.

Last edited:
Truuuuuu

I just like arguing for the hell of it. 

No ones saying they don't work hard. That would be stupid to say.
Not taking it personal, ha it's not like your insulting my mother.

I like the debate too makes day go by faster.

I still feel like you're saying, if you;re not getting paid for it or there is no prize an national recognition it's not a sport.

You going out to play street ball with your homies, isn't a sport.

You playing thanksgiving football with your family/friends isn't a sport, you're just doing it to do it.

You're not being watched theres no real prize.

(that's what I feel you're basically saying makes up a sport)

Even if you don't deem it as a sport, you still have to say it's a Competition.
Would it make you feel better if we refer to it as "The Competition of body building". over "The sport of bodybuilding"

Nothing Ive said has to do with money or recognition or being on tv.

A sport has a clear winner and a clear loser thats what it boils down to.

You could possibly walk up to 10 different people and ask them who "looks" the best on that stage last night and get 5 or more different answers. Now if you go ask someone who won the football game last night there is only one answer, get my drift? 

Its a sport in the sense of training and competition but once you get to the judging you lose some of its credibility. Theres no politics in wether a ball goes through a hoop. Ja feels? 

Last edited:
Simply put unlike bodybuilding, aside from a few touch and go calls a sport like basketball is objective

kd isn't the best scorer because he has the prettiest shot or sickest dunks 

hes the best scorer because he puts the ball in the hoop more than everybody else. PERIOD.

I'm not gathering how boxing qualifies as a sport then? If it goes to judging there is subjectivity and a ******** of politics. I understand they can judge off punches landed and other measures, but it's still a subjective decision.

I'm not gathering how boxing qualifies as a sport then? If it goes to judging there is subjectivity and a ******** of politics. I understand they can judge off punches landed and other measures, but it's still a subjective decision.

Boxing has MANY objective measures that can help make a better decision, rather than personal preference.

Boxing/fighting has objective measures that determine winners/losers (knockouts/submissions), and if that isnt met THEN it goes to subjective factors. Bodybuilding is allll subjective.

How was the product? Worth paying the $20 a month
i havent paid yet 

but id say yeah 

they have dozens and dozens of choices to choose from

dont even feel like youre eating healthy

just looked at the list they got pb and j granola cereal 
eek.gif

How was the product? Worth paying the $20 a month
i havent paid yet 

but id say yeah 

they have dozens and dozens of choices to choose from

dont even feel like youre eating healthy

just looked at the list they got pb and j granola cereal :wow:
I started to look at the list and was like damn!.... let me stop I would want to be surprised with what comes in the package. But I believe I'm going to go through with it

Bodybuilding is allll subjective.

you can't say it's all subjective, when you have to have all the criteria I listed above.

they dont look at Phil, say oh he's handsome, bald, lightskin and good smile and just give the medal away...
Come on you know it's not as subjective as that there are criteria that each judge for any contest have to look for...

If you want to know them all take a little time to go to the IFBB website and research it. look at comparison pics of winners to the rest of the field.

probably not, but its training a whole year for a once a year event.
The self control needed to control appetite is hard enough itself.

Yeah they're massive so naturally they can eat a ton just to maintain that size, but their appetites are enormous too. Not to mention the attention to detail when it comes to macros and micros. Obviously they're all on massive amounts of juice but I respect the **** out of their discipline to maintain that lifestyle.

It's metabolism (the word you're looking for) and Tecnically someone like Micheal phelps and marathon runners eat more calories a day than body builders. It's just different activities.

Not all of them are on "massive amounts of juice"
I'd really hate to get in to that debate, especially for people who don't know the science or exactly what "Juice" does for/to you.

It's metabolism (the word you're looking for) and Tecnically someone like Micheal phelps and marathon runners eat more calories a day than body builders. It's just different activities.

Not all of them are on "massive amounts of juice"
I'd really hate to get in to that debate, especially for people who don't know the science or exactly what "Juice" does for/to you.
I'm specifically talking about the competitors at the Olympia. Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Shawn Rhoden etc. 

If you don't agree those guys are on big amounts of juice I don't even. And people like Michael Phelps eat more calories because their sport burn a lot more calories than working out for 1 hour at the gym each day.

Edit: And no, by no means do I think simply taking juice gives you that kind of physique. Still takes extreme dedication and hard work.

Last edited:
I'm specifically talking about the competitors at the Olympia. Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Shawn Rhoden etc. 
If you don't agree those guys are on big amounts of juice I don't even. And people like Michael Phelps eat more calories because their sport burn a lot more calories than working out for 1 hour at the gym each day.

Edit: And no, by no means do I think simply taking juice gives you that kind of physique. Still takes extreme dedication and hard work.

yea exactly it takes a lot of work regardless.
It's jus funny when people say it's all because of juice.
but don't know exactly what juice does.
(not talking about you at this point.)

new topic.

has anyone tried muscle techs Platinum Whey, Probably best protein for me to date.

anyone use Xtend in here.
or just regular BCAA?
Drinking it right now. I actually think I prefer Gaspari Aminolast though. Unfortunately I couldnt give you a particular reason why though. Tastes better and I felt like it made it into my system quicker, which I'm sure is just in my head. Downside is Aminolast is a little more expensive.

Who remembers how mad Lucky got when Drop told him he wasn't a bodybuilder?? 
roll.gif
Lucky was giving advice left and right, became a guru overnight then dudes start to hit him with the "why would you take fitness advice from a fat person" comments. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom