Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

What's up bros, what are your thoughts on stacking?...I'm 162lbs not trying to lose any more weight, don't really want to put any on, but I know weightlifting is bound to happen, but I'm aiming for a muscle gain, so i asked my guy at te Vitamin Shoppe about a clean bulk and he recommended this plus a good variety of weightlifting routines should help me gain muscle while dropping the fat, I specially want to lose the belly fat, I've also been doing a 7 minute sprint followed by an 8 minute moderate jog x modified AB ripper from the p90x...my work out days is usually 1.5 - 2 hours and do this 4-5 days a week....this is the supps I was recommended for the clean bulk.Thoughts?

could have gone a much cheaper route. get some plain creatine mono instead of that jetmass - prop blend can't even tell how much aminos are in there. not sure if that test booster is any good or even if you need one or it's worth the money for the minimal results you might get. i would have chosen a different pre-workout myself. hope that stuff helps you kteezy but diet, hard work and rest will yield the best results. maybe buy some protein, creatine and a better pre-workout next time.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

What's up bros, what are your thoughts on stacking?...I'm 162lbs not trying to lose any more weight, don't really want to put any on, but I know weightlifting is bound to happen, but I'm aiming for a muscle gain, so i asked my guy at te Vitamin Shoppe about a clean bulk and he recommended this plus a good variety of weightlifting routines should help me gain muscle while dropping the fat, I specially want to lose the belly fat, I've also been doing a 7 minute sprint followed by an 8 minute moderate jog x modified AB ripper from the p90x...my work out days is usually 1.5 - 2 hours and do this 4-5 days a week....this is the supps I was recommended for the clean bulk.Thoughts?

Sound's like you're doing a bit too much.  90 minutes in the gym 5 times a week, coupled with HIIT after each session?  
I would re-evaluate your workouts, clean it up to 60 min max. Do HIIT on non-lift days.....THEN you can worry about stacks and supplements.

Also, did you do any research on those specific supplements you bought?

Trying to recover from patellar tendonitis so stopped my lifting routine for a bit and got back into boxing, re-tweaked my rotator cuff from an injury about a year ago. 
frown.gif

Pretty much can't do any exercises at this point just hoping my shoulder will be fine in about a weak to do boxing. 

So discouraging constantly getting injuries from $$%@ 
30t6p3b.gif

Been using the Couch to 5k app on the iPhone since Jan 19th and I have lost about 20 pounds as of this morning. Got a membership at the gym last week and gonna start weights also......Pretty pumped up about it!!

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Sound's like you're doing a bit too much.  90 minutes in the gym 5 times a week, coupled with HIIT after each session?  
I would re-evaluate your workouts, clean it up to 60 min max. Do HIIT on non-lift days.....THEN you can worry about stacks and supplements.

Also, did you do any research on those specific supplements you bought?

I know it's a bit naive but no, no research, I've been going to the same store to get my natural multis and other daily supps for a while and the guy has always been very informative and straight forward with his suggestions so I kind of value his opinion blindly (naive I know).I'm still trying to figure out my body, I know how to lOse weight when I've had to, I just need to figure out the muscle building part of it, me hitting the gym is nothing new, Ive been going for years, just had different goals before, my goal for the past 2 months has been to relatively maintain the weight I have while decreasing body fat and building muscle...I know it takes years to educate yourself on this and I'm in no rush, neither I'm I trying to look like Ryan Reynolds by the summer...lol just want a boost because honestly the energy levels are not all there.I should also say that I take my time between sets, I do a max of 3-4 muscle group work outs per day 4 reps and try to increase the weight, but I've hit a plateau, where I just can't push any further, don't know if it's mental or physical, but I feel defeated in that sense...just looking for some advice.

Btw I do the HIIT if that's what you want to refer to my cardio routine before lifting...I really don't think is that "high intensity" just a sprint followed by a jog bro
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jcmojica24

Been using the Couch to 5k app on the iPhone since Jan 19th and I have lost about 20 pounds as of this morning. Got a membership at the gym last week and gonna start weights also......Pretty pumped up about it!!
Nice thats good to hear im starting it today. You should join the NT race to 8k if you have nike+

I think I'm working out 2 much I lift heavy in the morning arnd 10am for an 1hr+ and after work I'm doing insanity (been doing this for 2 wks know) arnd 9:45 I weigh 195 im trying to lose my stomach fat=insanity but yet I dnt want to go down in any of my lifts such as bench/dl/squat I eat arnd 350+ grams of protein a day, anybody else do insanity for the 2 mnths then head back to the gym with good results

Steez you don't need half of that $*++. How old are you now? 26-27? something like that?
What i'm alluding to is you won't need that Testrol, your testosterone levels should be fine. My father just started taking stuff for his and he is 59. So, I wouldn't jump the gun on that stuff.

ive seen people do this dumbell front raise with the dumbell held sideways only without the curl going up?? Is there much difference in both methods?

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Steez you don't need half of that $*++. How old are you now? 26-27? something like that?
What i'm alluding to is you won't need that Testrol, your testosterone levels should be fine. My father just started taking stuff for his and he is 59. So, I wouldn't jump the gun on that stuff.

What about the creatine?...this would be my first time using it, I've been going to the gym for too long and it just seems like I've plateaud a long time ago because I seriously can't push myself anymore when it comes to weight lifting, therefore I don't see the muscle growth I'd like to see...I've never used supplements, all I did was whey protein and about 2 months ago I started with more than just multis, I started taking in fish oils and CLA. Thanks for your responses bros.

Sup,

If you're interested, here is the latest installment of NT+ Challenges. It is another TEAM DISTANCE RACE, and the goal is to accumulate 8000 MILES as a TEAM before the other. However, this time we're only going to have TWO TEAMS. The FIRST TEAM to run 8000mi takes home the DIGITAL TROPHY! CHALLENGERS will select their TEAM according to their respective birthMONTH. All running levels are welcome. #makeitcount!

STRIPES (Odds; JAN / MAR / MAY / JUL / SEP / NOV)

SOLIDS (Evens; FEB / APR / JUN / AUG / OCT / DEC)

NIKE+ CHALLENGE IV:
STRIPES vs. SOLIDS 8000
2lj5f9k.png

[url=http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/plus/#//challenges/detail/1172409790/]http://nikerunning.nike.c...enges/detail/1172409790/[/url]

NT LINK:
[url=http://niketalk.com/topic/306746/NIKE-TEAM-CHALLENGE-IV-STRIPES-vs-SOLIDS-8000--OPEN-makeitco?page=1]http://niketalk.com/topic...00--OPEN-makeitco?page=1[/url]

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

TXCaddy^  I drink one directly after working out and then another one right before bed.
Anyway, here is a good article "The Simple Diet": http://www.t-nation.com/f...t_recent/the_simple_diet

I am not necessarily trying to lose weight but, I am also not trying to gain any junk weight either. So, I will adjust this program accordingly. 

But, I think this does a good job at balancing a diet with the other things of the real world. For those not looking to go "extreme".

Also, anyone else find it hard to cook for just yourself? When making things like rice do y'all just measure out a serving size? I wish rice didn't take so long.

I also need a "dummys guide to fish"...

I'm hearing start out with something like Talapia? 

i'm not a big fan of cooking, so when i do it, i do it in big batches.  i'm talking enough to last me 8-10 meals.  crock pot is your friend.
for rice, invest in a nicer one (zojirushi).  it'll keep the rice fresh for a few days.  you can also program it so that you can have a fresh batch of steel cut oats when you wake in the morning.

for fish, just try them all out and see what kind of fish you like and what method of preparation you like.  go to trader joe's and pick up some of their frozen stuff (i personally like the mahi mahi).  

Btw I do the HIIT if that's what you want to refer to my cardio routine before lifting...I really don't think is that "high intensity" just a sprint followed by a jog bro
laugh.gif

if your "high intensity interval training" isn't "high intensity," then you're doing it wrong.  i hope you know that by "sprint" it means you're running as fast as you possibly can and maintaining that speed for x amount of seconds.

What's up bros, what are your thoughts on stacking?...I'm 162lbs not trying to lose any more weight, don't really want to put any on, but I know weightlifting is bound to happen, but I'm aiming for a muscle gain, so i asked my guy at te Vitamin Shoppe about a clean bulk and he recommended this plus a good variety of weightlifting routines should help me gain muscle while dropping the fat, I specially want to lose the belly fat, I've also been doing a 7 minute sprint followed by an 8 minute moderate jog x modified AB ripper from the p90x...my work out days is usually 1.5 - 2 hours and do this 4-5 days a week....this is the supps I was recommended for the clean bulk.thoughts?

waste of money to buy from GNC, vitamin shoppe or any of the main retailers. All of those guys dont give a crap about you, they just want your money. most supplements are a huge waste of money anyways. most staple supplements are just protein and creatine monohydrate IMO. eating right is a huge key as well.  

Originally Posted by Based Mod

laugh.gif

if your "high intensity interval training" isn't "high intensity," then you're doing it wrong.  i hope you know that by "sprint" it means you're running as fast as you possibly can and maintaining that speed for x amount of seconds.

Yes I know what a sprint is, I just never consider that me doing HIIT, I just did it to warm up...get the heart pumping, that's why I only try to stay at no longer than 15 minutes, sprint/jog....I'm not concern with that part of my routine, as I only do it to try and stay relatively close to weight that I am now, I don't want to just fully lift without any type of cardio, because I'm afraid of bulking too much, which is something I don't want....

bulking comes with eating an excess of calories. You can lift w/o cardio and maintain which it looks like you want to do. just find how many cals you need daily and work with that

Is there a formula to find out what my cal intake should be?

Although expected, I feared someone will say this was a waste of money...at least the creatine might be worth the money, I'll give the other two supplements a try, if they don't help improve the workouts, my Loss.

Although expected, I feared someone will say this was a waste of money...at least the creatine might be worth the money, I'll give the other two supplements a try, if they don't help improve the workouts, my Loss.
Fitday.com
track your calorie intake

yeup

go to the bodybuilding.com forum nutrition section and look at the stickys. lots of good info there on cutting/ bulking/ maintaining w/e u want to do. check out M.E.N (nh) while youre there too
pimp.gif
its like bb's version of wdywt
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom