Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

@ Al Audi....about 4-5 times a week. Just a busy lifestyle, I noticed I gained about 10 pounds in a month so now I'm definitely taking notice of the negative effects of it. I'm not one with a fast metabolism so whatever I eat sticks to me. So how often should a person eat fast food?

Originally Posted by retrospect90

So how often should a person eat fast food?
Never.

I used to rely heavily on fast food, after a couple month break I felt like a new man. No longer crave, or even think about eating it. Abstain as long as you can and see if the same thing doesn't happen to you

Originally Posted by Slim

Originally Posted by GotStyle58

Can I have some advice?
I usually just get in the gym and lift. As I am getting stronger and results I feel as if I'm still doing something wrong. Two main things cardio and I don't ALWAYS eat right.
I'm about 5'11 225. Do you think those two things are what I am missing? I'm barely starting to grow form in my chest (its always been big though and firm) and grow vascularity in my forearms. These are the things I see in people as they are on the verge of the next level, true or false? Any feedback is appreciated. Don't BS me though.
you should definitely work out your entire body, not just arms and chest. cardio is vital to burning body fat so that may very well be what's preventing you from seeing the results you desire.

I also have nice looking traps and shoulders with decent legs. Its just that pouch at the end of my stomach and the fact that I don't have patience for cardio or abs. Also I am one of the few who benefit from not using protein. I have steadily increased my strength with results with out it. Weird huh?

Maybe we can get a different topic for those of us trying to GAIN weight? anyway anyone use iFitness on the iphone? i love this app, great routines and lets me track damn near everything.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Anybody else have wild swings week to week in a single exercise?  I have no consistency in my bench whatsoever.
laugh.gif

I have 10 kilo swings week to week regularly.  Last week I worked up to 265 x 5 and I felt really good and today 240x5 felt difficult. 

I don't concentrate on bench too much so it must be my mechanics I think. I never have this problem with DB's btw. Only barbell bench. 

I'm almost certain it's mechanics. 
Is your form strict? Is your carb intake consistent?

I've ruled out diet as it's been happening over a long enough period of time wherein the days that  I don't get too good of a carb intake are few. 
I'm almost positive it's inconsistent mechanics but I don't really know how to fix it since bench isn't my thing. 

On another note I'm trying to drop 10 lbs but I just had 2 McChiken's, 2 mcdoubles, a checker's double meal (which my brother had got for when I came home 
sick.gif
pimp.gif
) and 1 of those huge black and white cookies.  At this rate.... 
frown.gif

Can I have some advice?
I usually just get in the gym and lift. As I am getting stronger and results I feel as if I'm still doing something wrong. Two main things cardio and I don't ALWAYS eat right.
I'm about 5'11 225. Do you think those two things are what I am missing? I'm barely starting to grow form in my chest (its always been big though and firm) and grow vascularity in my forearms. These are the things I see in people as they are on the verge of the next level, true or false? Any feedback is appreciated. Don't BS me though.
you should definitely work out your entire body, not just arms and chest. cardio is vital to burning body fat so that may very well be what's preventing you from seeing the results you desire.

I also have nice looking traps and shoulders with decent legs. Its just that pouch at the end of my stomach and the fact that I don't have patience for cardio or abs. Also I am one of the few who benefit from not using protein. I have steadily increased my strength with results with out it. Weird huh?

have you tried using protein? protein can't do anything but help, so give it a shot. 
anyways, I just started my bulking cycle yesterday. Back to 6 meals a day, will try to update regularly for you guys.

Can I have some advice?

Legs are easily the biggest fat burners as far as lifting is concerned. I went from 265-225 with only cardio. 225-212 with cardio and lifting, 212-198 with ONLY lifting and a (mostly) clean diet. This is in about a year span.

Started the Palumbo cut that was in here yesterday and I dropped 2lbs of water weight overnight. (Regardless)Feelsgoodman

Quick question. I use dark matter for post work out...But want to add cardio after my workouts... should i drink the shake after weights but before cardio, during , or after cardio completely? thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

Quick question. I use dark matter for post work out...But want to add cardio after my workouts... should i drink the shake after weights but before cardio, during , or after cardio completely? thanks in advance.

I don't think you want to take the shake before cardio, it could upset your stomach and make you feel uneasy.
Drink your shake right after your workout, wait 20-30 minutes and then start your cardio.

also, info on your avy? 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

I don't think you want to take the shake before cardio, it could upset your stomach and make you feel uneasy.
Drink your shake right after your workout, wait 20-30 minutes and then start your cardio.

also, info on your avy? 
happy.gif
Thank you. And thats Portman in the movie "Your highness" comes out this year.
devil.gif

when you sweat in saunas you can lose weight but you gain it all back when you drink water. Saunas do nothing for long term weight loss.

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

wats the point of a sauna?

to sweat.
You get rid of water weight.
confused, somewhat...

so i do cardio for 30 and then hit the sauna...will i see more results?
laugh.gif

yes, using it 2-3 times a week should raise your metabolism so you should be seeing better results.

don't dehydrate yourself though....

Originally Posted by ncmalko1

when you sweat in saunas you can lose weight but you gain it all back when you drink water. Saunas do nothing for long term weight loss.

i was thinking the same thing, thats why i was confused...only really saw it as a way to make weight.....like ufc, boxing...etc

Go in there free as a bird just waving your dingaling around. 
laugh.gif
I'm Russian so I've been going to the sauna ever since I was  a little kid. I just love the feeling after a training session. It might be good for your skin/pores but that's about it. 
I'ms till haunted by nekkid old dudes beating each other with branches. 

can i still get stronger and bigger if i condition for basketball an hour a day, intensely 5 days a week, lift 3 days a week, intensely for 45 minutes

Originally Posted by hotshots24

can i still get stronger and bigger if i condition for basketball an hour a day, intensely 5 days a week, lift 3 days a week, intensely for 45 minutes

yeah, but don't expect to get buff.
you'll probably get cut/ toned, that's about it

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Go in there free as a bird just waving your dingaling around. 
laugh.gif
I'm Russian so I've been going to the sauna ever since I was  a little kid. I just love the feeling after a training session. It might be good for your skin/pores but that's about it. 
I'ms till haunted by nekkid old dudes beating each other with branches. 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Privet. 

Traditional russian steam room > *

My friends have one at their home in Kopeisk

Back
Top Bottom