Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Why is Crossfit TRASH? Put aside all monetary considerations.

For the same reasons that marathons are trash. 
Specifically when it comes to crossfit, the emphasis on time and a ******ed amount of reps when it comes to certain exercises is pretty stupid and dangerous as well as being unnecessary.

popcorn.gif

laugh.gif
 na,

The oly gym I currently train at has a level 3 crossfit trainer or whatever (comes there once a week because he knows the owner) and I tell him all the time that crossfit is basura.
laugh.gif

that 5,3,1 thing is interesting. If bret gained 15 pounds in just 2 months, you better bet i'm going to try that +%*+.

shamrock2.jpg
90s Ken Shamrock lookin like an "ultimate warrior"

or

beach body appealing

zyzz+biceps.jpg

sometimes i cant make up my mind

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Specifically when it comes to crossfit, the emphasis on time and a ******ed amount of reps when it comes to certain exercises is pretty stupid and dangerous as well as being unnecessary.

popcorn.gif

laugh.gif
 na,

The oly gym I currently train at has a level 3 crossfit trainer or whatever (comes there once a week because he knows the owner) and I tell him all the time that crossfit is basura.
laugh.gif
I'm sorry, but your reasoning is "basura".  Compare a ******ed amount of reps to a specific sport....say a 400m sprint.  What's the frequency of your legs turning over? It's a huge amount of reps.  You usually run them within a time frame, the more reps, the better.  When training for these sports, you over train your muscles and body...more reps, more time....more results

Tell me again, why you think it's garbage?

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

popcorn.gif

laugh.gif
 na,

laugh.gif
I'm sorry, but your reasoning is "basura".  Compare a ******ed amount of reps to a specific sport....say a 400m sprint.  What's the frequency of your legs turning over? It's a huge amount of reps.  You usually run them within a time frame, the more reps, the better.  When training for these sports, you over train your muscles and body...more reps, more time....more results

Tell me again, why you think it's garbage?
Go to any oly trainer and ask about doing 100 cleans or 100 snatches. Watch them laugh in your face.
Technical exercises require technique . Not a ******ed amount of reps all the while being timed. Some of the stuff they do is fine but the overall theme is garbage. It attempts to be all things and in the process just becomes average at most. 

6000 calories and 2g of test a week
laugh.gif

only problem i have with crossfit is that you have people doing oly lifts with %$## form as fast as possible. sounds like a bad idea.

how much fiber you guys get a day

dont sleep on fiber intake..........

for those who want that lean midsection that will also help in the V shape..........i need to take a front view pic for those who are doubting my size from the last pic

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

i tried keto and the whole time i felt so weak and always hungry

what was your intake looking like.........even though it works great for many doesnt mean itll work for the next person though. also i eat every 2-2.5 hours of the day from wake to sleep.
Thibaudeau: This "V" is actually the tendons of the external obliques as well as the lower portion of the rectus abdominis.
[table][tr][td]
image013.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
So really, the only way to "get" this V-shape is to train your obliques and the lower portion of your abdominals. And of course, you have to get your body fat down to a fairly low level.

Who else has dealt with wrist pains in this thread? i had to resort to exercises with pushing motions as opposed to pulling because my right wrist would hurt like hell.

brett i couldnt finish watching that video..............

makes me wanna go on a late night binge smh

Originally Posted by Al Audi

This is my main issue right here. I could be good $$ for a week or 2 and end up binge eating
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Al Audi

This is my main issue right here. I could be good $$ for a week or 2 and end up binge eating
30t6p3b.gif
That just means youre eating a balanced diet.
Ate 12k cals one day? so *$%%!+% what.... reduce your cals 500 the next day and drink a lot of water... boom back to normal in 40hrs

tried the cookies and cream protein powder today guy from gnc sd it didnt taste that bad (wheybolic 60) easily the worst tasting thing ive ever drank

If anyone has an iphone, you should download calorie tracker by livestrong. I've been tracking my calorie intake using this app and it's great.. It has a food database of over 7000 foods. You can input what type of meal, portion size, etc.. You can even change a setting to gain a certain amount of lbs a week and will tell you (according to your height & weight) how many calories to eat

It's helping me bulk.. Btw my main bulk foods are LOTS of milk and natty pb

Brett, do you use a lot of olive oil in your food for extra cals? That OJ/Oil mix sounds nasty haha

Im in desperate need of getting back in shape. Im fat im talking 5 11" weighing 250 with a gut fat, I know I need to fix my diet so if I was going to the grocery store today what should be in my basket to eat clean and be in decent shape for late May?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

http://www.t-nation.com/f...w_to_build_pure_strength

Long +#! read.. but it gives you all of the information.
Get the e-book and read that, then you can find a spreadsheet online that will calculate your reps to use for each workout.
If you're serious about gains, this is one of the best ways to get there imo

Just read through this, seems interesting.

So you did this and got good results?

I only ask because I'm just a bit skeptical looking at this wondering if it'll actually work, but that guy obviously knows what he's talking about. 
It is arguably the most efficient way to increase your strength.
This is mostly because you are pushing yourself every time, in a different way. the last set will be 5+ meaning you want to MOVE THE EARTH BELOW YOU to get as many reps as possible. If you can only do 5 reps, that's pushing at your max... and you add weight every month. It's a complicated system but there are really good spread sheets.

As far as getting jacked... you will need to increase your body weight to move higher weights. This won't be fat necessarily.. a combination of muscle water and fat. 

So, you will get bigger and you will get stronger.

Once you are moving some real weights (after 6 strict months or even more)... you can workout with intent for size aka 8-12 rep ranges.. with heavier weights than you are now.

It's a longer term investment. with great payouts. 
Good %*$* I think I'm about to start this up next week.

On a side note, anybody in here use the heavy bag?

Originally Posted by syxth element

If anyone has an iphone, you should download calorie tracker by livestrong. I've been tracking my calorie intake using this app and it's great.. It has a food database of over 7000 foods. You can input what type of meal, portion size, etc.. You can even change a setting to gain a certain amount of lbs a week and will tell you (according to your height & weight) how many calories to eat

Brett, do you use a lot of olive oil in your food for extra cals? That OJ/Oil mix sounds nasty haha
I was going for the GOMAD thing for awhile but it ended making me run to the bathroom like 5 or 6 times a day. Plus I heard a bunch of people ended up with kidney stones cause of all the calcium.
I stick to only 3-4 cups a day now.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by syxth element

I was going for the GOMAD thing for awhile but it ended making me run to the bathroom like 5 or 6 times a day. Plus I heard a bunch of people ended up with kidney stones cause of all the calcium.
I stick to only 3-4 cups a day now.
Thanks for the heads up on kidney stones.. I don't do GOMAD (thought about it though) because I'll have the bathroom problem if I drink to much.. I drink about 1/3-1/2 a gallon of milk on top of 6 meals. It helps add the cals up

Back
Top Bottom