Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Benching without a spot FTL. I didn't get stuck or anything, but I know I could handle more weight or a few more reps if I just had someone there. I always stop when I feel like I MIGHT get stuck on the next rep. Still had a good chest workout today, but I always train alone so I feel like it hold me back a little. I need to find a decent training partner, but finding someone who wants to and is willing to train the same way you do is tougher than it sounds.
QFT. Except I usually end up hurting myself anyway.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Had my wallet stolen from gym locker today.
$300 gucci wallet, only $30 in cash and alll my cards/ID.
Lock your stuff up guys!

Damn man. Tough break.
tired.gif

I NEVER, and I mean NEVER leave my stuff unattended or unlocked.
If I don't have my lock with me, I'll skip a workout.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Had my wallet stolen from gym locker today.
$300 gucci wallet, only $30 in cash and alll my cards/ID.
Lock your stuff up guys!

Why would you put that in an unlocked locker? Are you serious?
eek.gif
eyes.gif

Worst part is I had the mental thought to keep it in my car. SMH. It was just a 30 min session and I was gonna be in-out but dude musta had a good hunch.
People don't open/close 100 lockers.

but yeah.. I don't carry more cash on me than I need for this exact reason. debit/credit FTW

Dude is lucky I didn't catch him in the act.... I just finished a great workout courtesy of NT

actually, at my gym, a lot of people leave stuff in lockers with out locking them lol it seems everyone trusts each other...thought i don't know why. i usually open my usual locker and find stuff in there and keep it moving to the next one. i would be pissed if i lost 300 bucks (though i've lost 200 dollar shades at the park and been scammed for shoes twice for the total of 465 dollars). ]

op invest in a lock and a new cheap wallet.

^ hyper you new to nt or long time lurker?
nerd.gif

but yeh im done deloading, feels great... havent taken a full week off in 8 months!

time to cut hehehehe

after tomorrow though.

one more day of donut decadence

^ this is my second sn...took me 6 months to get approved lol but i've been on these threads since the beginning so i'm no noob.

why do you ask?

^j/w bro, and yeah wasnt trying to imply you were a noob 
pimp.gif

nice to have you post though we need more active members posting in here

i think you might remember my og name, but i wont mention it here...

speaking of donuts, last weekend i ate 2 krispy kream glazed donuts (usually only eat them once a year). they tasted SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD.

My gym people leave wallets and cell phones out in the open on the regular, no problems at all it seems. Most people use open cubby holes, not lockers.

On a crappier note, influenza FTL...no appetite whatsoever for the last three days, and no workouts for the rest of the week probably. I'll be lucky if I lose no more than 5 lbs. Last year I had the flu for 2 weeks and I lost about 10-15, so I'm not too worried. I'm lucky I got my chest/back workout in on Monday, but that probably made me worse. Playing ball that night probably didn't help either. Sucks because I was going HARD with my workouts and diet, and it was working really well. Plus, I just took a week of rest 2 weeks ago. Ugh.

I absolutely hate working on my shoulders.. I think I am going to drop my Shoulders day and combine it with another muscle, or find new exercises.. Because the arnold presses and shoulder presses don't seem to be effective for me, I can literally do 10 sets with high reps, with good weight and feel no burn...

Right now, I am thinking about doing:

Monday: Chest + Triceps + Abs
Tuesday: Back + Biceps
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Triceps + Shoulders + Abs
Friday: Legs + Biceps
Saturday: Chest + Triceps + Abs
Sunday: Rest

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

I absolutely hate working on my shoulders.. I think I am going to drop my Shoulders day and combine it with another muscle, or find new exercises.. Because the arnold presses and shoulder presses don't seem to be effective for me, I can literally do 10 sets with high reps, with good weight and feel no burn...
I used to say the same about my lats. I recently started doing weighted pull ups and I can actually feel a good burn, not that it's my main goal or anything. But it's nice to see a new stimulus and its response.
Guys, don't sleep on weighted dips and pull ups.

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Originally Posted by Durden7

A burn isnt the indication of an effective exercise/workout. 

What is it then, exactly?  This might end up explaining some things for me.

What is the burn or what is an indication of an effective workout?

ohwell.gif
With the understanding that we are relatively similar in progress, I think if you keep up effective shoulder work outs for 3 more weeks you will start to love it.
I just reached 135lbs on military press. Such an improvement and I actually get excited for my friday shoulder day.
Try new things too... standing military press, smith machine etc.

i tweaked my back on deads yesterday. i had probably the worst workout in the last 6 months. felt strange. can't wait to make up for it.

I have two ab questions in regards to working on getting a 6-pack.

-What are some meals I should be eating?
-Is it alright to work out abs everyday (a friend of mine says he does, another said I shouldn't be)?

Thanks.

I just got ink done, and was wondering when I should go back to the gym? some say at least a week. And if I do go, what are some things to avoid doing and things i should do to protect it. (it's on my each of my triceps btw)

Originally Posted by bkmac

I have two ab questions in regards to working on getting a 6-pack.

-What are some meals I should be eating?
-Is it alright to work out abs everyday (a friend of mine says he does, another said I shouldn't be)?

Thanks.
Muscles need rest in order to grow. Give your abs rest days.

ohwell.gif

Ive never seen a workout like that before.  Its....well..... interesting.

Back
Top Bottom