Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question for the collectors on here. Do you collect everything or just a certain character(s).
Me personally I mostly collect Rey, Padme/Queen Amidala (May quit/get rid of), and now Jyn Erso.
I do have some random figures here and there too of other characters.
I have thought of collecting Vader, Jango, Boba, & Darth Maul though. (Stopped myself since they have so much merch and I don't know where I'd put it) :lol:

Luckily, I just bought my crib over the summer so I have plenty of space to display all my crap :lol: As far as SW, my collection is predominantly Empire. I'll try to get one of each kind of Trooper (and Clones) in their Black Series variation, then give those away when I get the SH Figuarts versions. Then I gotta get the Hot Toys versions and since recently, I've been building 1:1 costumes. I currently have Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Anakin Skywalker, Stormtrooper, TIE Pilot, and a Royal Guard. Other than Vader and Fett, I usually let my one boys rock any of the other ones for coming with me to events :lol: I'm in the middle of building a Supertrooper Boba Fett and ARC Trooper Fives.

As far as Rebels go, I really only stick to the droids and Jedi's, especially Luke the Gawd. I have the Hot Toys Han Solo, Chewy, and Rey but that'll pretty much be it as far as non-Jedi characters. I have no plans to get any of the Rogue One heroes, unless they do a Jyn Erso in Ground Crew disguise or something. But, I do collect the larger studio scale vehicles, as well as the Hasbro ones though.

I'm with jaypesoz jaypesoz with collecting predominantly Empire.

I started collecting last Force Friday with the goal of obtaining most of the Empire/First Order Black Series figures. I'll pick up some Rebels here and there too.

I only collect Hasbro Black Series right now. There's just so many SW collectibles out there I had to limit myself so I wouldn't get carried away.

jaypesoz jaypesoz is a good guy with a collection I seriously admire. Had no idea you had so many 1:1 costumes. I'd like to build a 1:1 costume one day but it sounds like a lot of time and money to get it screen accurate and knowing myself, I wouldn't settle for anything less than that. How did you get started?

Thanks for the kind words :D I'll put my story in spoilers as to not bore this thread :lol:

As far as collecting, I think it was winter 1995 and I was still in middle school. I knew of SW but wouldn't have considered myself a fan. It wasn't really poppin' at that time. But that all changed when the POTF2 line came out. I remember being blown away when I first saw the X-Wing at stores and it was the very first purchase I've ever made with my own money. I still have that to this day display and in perfect condition, it's my most prized toy possession.

So yeah, I was making good money (for a HS'er) since I had a side hustle and I was able to collect the POTF2 line all throughout HS. The Phantom Menace blitz really had me so high though that the crash ended up burning me out and I went cold turkey on collecting after the VHS came out.

So from 2000-2008, I was SW-free. All that changed when in 2008, Sideshow released their first 1/6th Darth Vader and the girl I was dating at the time also just found out about SW and we ended up having a marathon watching the entire saga. It was a wrap after that and here I am today :lol: Funny thing is, I ended up leaving her for my wife now, and who's only seen The Phantom Menace in 3D before Disney bought it a few years back. But as much as people joke around that they want their significant others to also like SW, I kinda like that she doesn't. It helps when she doesn't know who/what gets added to the collection :lol:

As far as being in the 501st, I was inspired by Barney, from HIMYM, when he had a Stormtrooper displayed in his apartment. I thought that was the coolest thing and initially, I wanted Boba Fett but after doing the initial research, I was nowhere near the income of being able to afford a $5k costume that just sat around the house. So I built a Jango for half the price. This FB memories thing is pretty cool because this popped up on my feed recently from 2009 :lol:

View media item 2187776
I submitted for the 501st and was actually denied because "it was too clean". After putting all that time and money into the suit, hell yeah I was salty and didn't want any part to do with the suit anymore :lol: I figured I'd make the best Boba Fett costume anyone's ever seen and just not mess with those guys. I ended up trading some guy for his Boba Fett stuff but it was big a mistake because all of his parts were so crappy and didn't even fit me. Ended up selling those and building another one from scratch.

I finally finished in 2012 but then decided to propose to my GF(at the time) and buy a brand new 370Z so naturally, and with everybody telling me how hard it is to have money for a wedding, etc, I panicked and sold the entire suit to some guy.

Got married in Nov. 2013 and by Jan 2014, I realized I never even had to sell my suit so I figured I'd just start building it again. Finally finished last year and have just been building since. I guess this is how Tony Stark feels when he keeps building new armors. At the end of the day, it's all in fun and as long as my family is happy and all the bills are paid, I plan to continue on doing this :lol:

Last edited:
Copped the BS stormtrooper helmet :smokin

I guess I know what I'm going to be for Halloween

Where did you cop?

Thanks for sharing your stories Jim Shady Jim Shady and jaypesoz jaypesoz .

I'm going to post an updated pic of my small collection when I get home. I threw a K-2SO and Imperial Death Trooper in my cart at Target this past weekend while shopping with my girl. She ended up paying! Should have another pick up in the mail from a NTer too.

Where did you cop?

I'm going to post an updated pic of my small collection when I get home. I threw a K-2SO and Imperial Death Trooper in my cart at Target this past weekend while shopping with my girl. She ended up paying! Should have another pick up in the mail from a NTer too.

Local target had one chilling on the shelf, grabbed a death trooper and that black robot looking BS fig too lol

They had unmasked kylo and a few others but I'll just grab them later

Where did you cop?

Local target had one chilling on the shelf, grabbed a death trooper and that black robot looking BS fig too lol

They had unmasked kylo and a few others but I'll just grab them later

Oh nice! Was it in the SW aisle? I didn't even stop at the SW aisle in the toy section because there was a Rogue One display of Black Series figures and some other stuff at the electronics section when I walked by.

Oh nice! Was it in the SW aisle? I didn't even stop at the SW aisle in the toy section because there was a Rogue One display of Black Series figures and some other stuff at the electronics section when I walked by.

Yup, in the SW toy section.

Where did you cop?

Nice, Hen. I feel like I've seen your collection getting better and better since you've started. Looking forward to seeing your current setup.

You getting that BS Stormie helmet too? I wish Amazon would stop messing around and ship those Shadow Trooper helmets already.

Did anyone buy the Black Series Stormtrooper helmet? I have the Kylo Ren helmet and the mic was trash, I was wondering if the Stormtrooper mic was the same garbage.

I guess this is how Tony Stark feels when he keeps building new armors. 
^ That seems pretty accurate 
laugh.gif
 Nice story; enjoyed reading.

I think I got that POTF X-wing, too (the big one, right?), but I dunno where it's at, now 
frown.gif
 I still have several Action Fleet models, though 
nthat.gif
 I need to find somewhere to display them.

Last edited:
The Shadow Trooper helmet dropped on Amazon already?

I've had it on order since last Fri but no shipping yet from me, or anybody else I know who ordered one.

Did anyone buy the Black Series Stormtrooper helmet? I have the Kylo Ren helmet and the mic was trash, I was wondering if the Stormtrooper mic was the same garbage.

Complete Trash. Even worse than the Kylo Ren one.

Looks like a couple of new Premium Format statues will be at NYCC this weekend.

View media item 2188867View media item 2188868View media item 2188869

Got my new project yesterday picked this big guy up on ebay for $30, i recently discovered that you can convert these things to look pretty amazing, I plan on modding it to a bobba fett style paint job and detail it with extra model parts and lighting to make it look as close to a studio scale prop as possible

View media item 2189440View media item 2189441
Pics dont really show how large this thing is so i snapped a pic next to a 1/2 gallon of milk to give you the idea :tongue:
View media item 2189442
I'll post pics as i progress

Got my new project yesterday picked this big guy up on ebay for $30, i recently discovered that you can convert these things to look pretty amazing, I plan on modding it to a bobba fett style paint job and detail it with extra model parts and lighting to make it look as close to a studio scale prop as possible

That's dope, Jim. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I've seen people make those look incredible with a paintjob.

The B-wing was always my favorite star wars ship growing up.  

I need to find one and put it in my sons room with all my other star wars stuff. 

Its his but its mine. Perfect setup. 

I loved the B-Wing too, which is part of the reason why my favorite SW ship of all time is actually the Outrider. I just love those "transforming" ships.

Posted that gem on the gram just yesterday too :nthat:

View media item 2189714

Last edited:
Nice I love the outrider and shadows was an awesome book I'd like to see disney do a rebels like cartoon series with that story ,1 season maybe stretch it out to 2

Nice I love the outrider and shadows was an awesome book I'd like to see disney do a rebels like cartoon series with that story ,1 season maybe stretch it out to 2

I loved Shadows. Getting a 64 and the game is still on my to-do list :lol: But yeah, I hope Shadows is a story they bring into Disney canon soon.

Back
Top Bottom