Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
and i feel like prime luke was right after rotj therefore we missed out on prime luke as well :smh:

just a glimpse in jedi

Last edited:
Re-watched a prequel scene in ROTS and now I'm pretty much sure Vader was planning on overthrowing the Emperor, he was just biding his time never had the right motivation for it.

I feel like Anakin knows although he's a badass, he's a dumbass too and couldn't effectively rule the empire on his own.

In ROTS he says the same thing to Padme he said to Luke. Something basically like, 'Join me and we'll rule the empire together. I'm stronger than Palpatine. I'll kill him and take over.'

Pretty clear son just wanted to do it with family since he was so hellbent on trying to keep Padme from dying due to being so hurt he couldn't save his moms.

I think it'd be a cool what if to see if Padme had said yes, Vader kills or runs off Obi-Wan and then in 5-10 years the they overthrow Palpatine and run ****. Of course in that version the OT doesn't happen :lol: It'd be a Game of Thrones type ending to Star Wars. Could even see a Luke and Leia raised by a Darth Vader and Empress Padme. Luke and maybe even Leia trained as Sith apprentices (cuz Anakin doesn't bother with Sith rules), etc.

but then there's hope that luke has aged like fine wine too and is about to do work in ep 8 

but luke seems to have experienced things detrimental to his relationship with the positive force...so as to disrupt

though i still hope he amazes me in the next one :frown:

If we were doin "do-overs" I would want the start of Phantom to have the Droid army George was picturing, but not the Roger Roger comedy versions, but actual, "threats". More like Greivous. More, smart Destroyer droids. Actual brains behind the operations, not the stupid *** Viceroy's runnin them with an on/off switch. Have them make the Jedi actually work, not just wave their hands and 14 droids are smoked with ease. :smh:

An actual dangerous droid army, with Maul and Greivous leading the charge? Savagery. Absolute savagery.

Force Ben and Anakin to become hardened war leaders. Put in actual danger, have them fight tooth and nail to overcome, and save their soldiers/Jedi etc.

George made The Clones Wars too simply minded. Maul and Roger Rogers. 82 year old replacement, and more Roger Rogers. Then Greivous and yet even more of those dumb *** droids. Had he simply cut all that waste out, and went full story mode, he could have put pure greatness on that screen. I bet the writers that are working today could have done that story so much justice. :frown:

Sidious seemed to get joy out of other's ppl hatred and never seemed like he was ever THAT angry or hated many ppl. He was just really ruthless and self serving.

I think that's why he just wasn't that strong with the dark side of the force and almost lost to Windu but maybe he knew Anakin would show up and even staged that fight with his manipulation skills :lol:

I feel like he just knew more and had more knowledge.

I wonder what he actually ended up teaching Anakin after selling him on that lie to keep ppl from dying and creating life.

Sidious seemed to get joy out of other's ppl hatred and never seemed like he was ever THAT angry or hated many ppl. He was just really ruthless and self serving.

see, just cause he was cool with his doesnt mean he didnt harbor much hatred...the way i see it...he did & he thrived on it

I can agree about the weak droid army CP. They had like a few more bulkier human moving ones but even they were light weights. George dropped the ball there. He could've made some threatening droids given what we've seen already done with robots in movies up to that point.

Don't know about Grievous though. What was he? Wasn't he like biological at some point? I noticed he had a heart under all that metal and I assume a face with a brain. Figured he was just another guy that lost most of his body and was more machine. I mean dude did keep coughing like he had the worst lung cancer.

They should bring back the droid army in this or the next trilogy and finally make them a threat.

see, just cause he was cool with his doesnt mean he didnt harbor much hatred...the way i see it...he did & he thrived on it
I'm not saying he didn't have hatred. I'm just saying it didn't seem to me he had a lot in comparison to others. Like he was clearly evil so hatred has to be present but I feel like it rotted his core to the point he was filled up and then had to start getting his jollies off other ppl's anger. Peep him in ROTS and ROTJ :lol: It's like after a while he stopped hating and focused more on being manipulative and ruthless just to stay in power.

Like Anakin had more hatred than dude. That I hate you was so hateful :lol: Made you completely lose all sympathy for Anakin. Never saw hatred like that from Palpatine. Then once he become Vader it's like he was hating 24/7.

One mini monologue from Palpatine about why he wanted to take over and how he wanted to oppress every person in the galaxy, enslave billions, kill millions if needed, etc. would've drove that home.

its not just about making droids threatening but droids vs clones is boring

both sides are completely disposable so you dont care about the effects of war and violence 

I can agree about the weak droid army CP. They had like a few more bulkier human moving ones but even they were light weights. George dropped the ball there. He could've made some threatening droids given what we've seen already done with robots in movies up to that point.

Don't know about Grievous though. What was he? Wasn't he like biological at some point? I noticed he had a heart under all that metal and I assume a face with a brain. Figured he was just another guy that lost most of his body and was more machine. I mean dude did keep coughing like he had the worst lung cancer.

They should bring back the droid army in this or the next trilogy and finally make them a threat.
Grievous was an alien warrior who replaced most of his body. I don't remember why though.

I'm not sure if it was because he had to or because he wanted to.

Eh, it depends.

To me when I say make them threatening I mean make me believe these droids could take out a jedi (not that when the clones betrayed the Jedi for Order 66 it was any more believable).

Just make their fighting prowess something valuable in itself and not just cuz of their quantity.

the thing is its not just about changing what the droids can do

no one in the prequels were threatened by anything which made everything so boring

dooku cuts off anakins arm, washes obiwan and yoda has to save them at the end of AOTC

literally the opening scene of the next movie obiwan says "dont worry, sith lords are our specialty" 

?????????

baby anakin flying around "I'll try spinning, thats a good trick!", its like a kid playing a stress free video game 

vs rey flying the MF for the first time, struggling, unsure of herself. makes the eventual success that much more impactful

I'm not saying he didn't have hatred. I'm just saying it didn't seem to me he had a lot in comparison to others. Like he was clearly evil so hatred has to be present but I feel like it rotted his core to the point he was filled up and then had to start getting his jollies off other ppl's anger. Peep him in ROTS and ROTJ :lol: It's like after a while he stopped hating and focused more on being manipulative and ruthless just to stay in power.

Like Anakin had more hatred than dude. That I hate you was so hateful :lol: Made you completely lose all sympathy for Anakin. Never saw hatred like that from Palpatine. Then once he become Vader it's like he was hating 24/7.

One mini monologue from Palpatine about why he wanted to take over and how he wanted to oppress every person in the galaxy, enslave billions, kill millions if needed, etc. would've drove that home.

The no scene in ROTS and the whole Luke on the Death Star 2 in ROTJ are keep Darth Troll moments.
He had Luke stuck with his mind games for a minute in ROTJ.

Back
Top Bottom