SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I came into the movie with low expectations and I was pleasantly surprised. Very, very good movie.

My one very small complaint? I dont like the girl who plays Felicia Hardy.

Last edited:
It was a bad first impression but to be fair, she wasn't in the movie a lot. Maybe she might change my mind in the third movie.

I'm hearing that in an alternate cut of the film, after Gwen dies, Harry laughs and Peter proceeds to beat the **** out of him.

I'm hearing that in an alternate cut of the film, after Gwen dies, Harry laughs and Peter proceeds to beat the **** out of him.

..and I need that cut ASAP.

I loved Harry's laugh. When he first came on the scene... I was like :wow:

...also, what are the odds that J.K. Simmons will reprise his J.Jonah Jameson role in the 3rd. I think they are pretty high
This. J.K. Simmons is perfect for the Jameson character. It's like he was born to be JJJ 
laugh.gif

I remember Felicity Jones saying something about her having a suit. I really wonder how much of this film was left on the cutting room floor because it sounds like their is a lot :smokin

She also said and swore that she wasn't Felicia, it's probably just to throw people off like Cotillard swearing to the world she wasn't Talia.

Anyways, was it just me or did it seem like she wanted to attack the security dudes when they were going to kick Harry out of the building? I was waiting for her to bust out a Hathaway/Catwoman a**kickery!

Last edited:

His laugh was a bit intense. Dane Deehan kinda scares me after Chronicle and this. He gives me a similar vibe to Madds Mikkelsen. That I'm a killer but no one knows it vibe.

His laugh was a bit intense. Dane Deehan kinda scares me after Chronicle and this. He gives me a similar vibe to Madds Mikkelsen. That I'm a killer but no one knows it vibe.

Madds... I'd never be in a room with him alone. That's all I'll say. Dane gives me the vibe that he acts like Mark Walhberg in FEAR in his private time

Starting to think that either there is a 3 cut of the film, or some of the scenes they used in previews were just to throw us off the scent.

Like Harry and Peter interactions. "Isn't that the question of the day....?"

MJ story clipped out.

Rhino barely needed mentioning at all with how little they used him.

Basically, I view these early films as seperation from Raimi by using Lizard, Electro, Rhino, and Gwen instead of MJ. Harry/Goblin is the only one they've really doubled up, but that has to happen. (Most important)

I don't really get some of the complaints, like before the film everyone had the 3 villains is too many, etc and then we see 1 of them only has 5 minutes screen time, and people ***** about it. :rolleyes

People had all these expectations, then get pissed when they aren't matched.

One scene I do agree on, the planes collision course. Spidey didn't even know, so totally useless. Should have just extended May's hospital scene to show how dire the situation was and not forced some fake tension with the planes.

Outside that, not many complaints I've read are valid. Just more nit picking bull **** agendas.

Madds... I'd never be in a room with him alone. That's all I'll say. Dane gives me the vibe that he acts like Mark Walhberg in FEAR in his private time

*starts pounding chest violently*

Starting to think that either there is a 3 cut of the film, or some of the scenes they used in previews were just to throw us off the scent.

MJ story clipped out.

Basically, I view these early films as seperation from Raimi by using Lizard, Electro, Rhino, and Gwen instead of MJ. Harry/Goblin is the only one they've really doubled up, but that has to happen. (Most important)

I don't really get some of the complaints, like before the film everyone had the 3 villains is too many, etc and then we see 1 of them only has 5 minutes screen time, and people ***** about it. :rolleyes

One scene I do agree on, the planes collision course. Spidey didn't even know, so totally useless. Should have just extended May's hospital scene to show how dire the situation was and not forced some fake tension with the planes.

Outside that, not many complaints I've read are valid. Just more nit picking bull **** agendas.

Basically MOS. Although there are some valid complaints.

Comedies do that. Where they play scenes that never make it to the final cut so you can get a sense of the humor they used. I think it should be done more often. 50% of the trailer scenes should be material that was cut imo. Just so you get hit with a few extra surprises. Like I wish the scene where Peter webs Gwen's hand to the hood of the car was not shown in the trailers.

That movie was terrific. Mark Wahlberg was a real man's man.

"I tasted her sweet tears" :lol:

Andrew Garfield is super cool in real life also. I met him about 3 months ago at the airport. I yelled out spiderman when I saw him and he smiled and bumped fist with me and said he appreciated the love...

...I shoulda asked him what Emma tastes like :evil:

I wonder of those leaked nude selfies are actually her. Cuz she could get it with ease!

Basically MOS, correct.

And like I said, not many, but certainly there are some. Such as the plane, missing scenes from previews, maybe Rhino (tho it didn't bother me at all)

Even the "audience" ones don't bother me. It's New York, there's 13 million people, crowds everywhere. Even if it is "stupid" to have as background, it's just as stupid to complain about.

If the Dark Knight came out this week, we'd be reading how the school bus pull out the bank no questions? Why Joker have no backstory? Lame the prisoners v civilians on the boats, Batman's ears are too pointy. Bruce Wayne wrecked his car for no reason. The new actress playin Rachel gets called beautiful but clearly she's not.

Yet that film is REVERED. MOS, ASM2, same kinda complaints, and folks railing the movie. :lol: :lol:

MJ story clipped out.

I disagree with the villains. Yeah people thought it would have been a clusterf' but they under utilized them. I think the expectations were low with others thinking itll be SM3 mess all over again and when that didnt come true and people were still unhappy and many agrees then there must be something there. They replaced the villains with heavy handed romance that dragged. Harry became GG and that was it. Character was acted well but development was just not there and in the end, dude just wanted to build a team not to mention that dude was used very little. As for Rhino, he was so underutilized that the final scene of him and the movie were in the tv commercials every 5 minutes. Thats how under utilized he was.

Gwens death was strong and the scene was crazy but Harry felt very eh in it. And again with Max, they kind of make you feel for him but when he got his powers, he became a super powered thug really, he developed no further and really gave no pay off in you feeling bad for him in the beginning. And it really led nowhere.

And also, how can you blame people with being upset, they put those villains in the poster and said it is his biggest challenge yet but really his biggest challenge is a chick he wanted to be with. You cant even say there were 1.5 villains in the film because the other two were underwhelming.

I mean seriously, the romance could be cut in half and the film would have been fine, the parents stuff could have been cut in half and the film would have been fine.

Believe it or not, i liked the film. I enjoyed it but I could see where the problems are coming from. I seriously yawned during this film and that only happened in a superhero film with the first Hulk movie and IM3.

Back
Top Bottom