SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
just saw it really liked it.

i read all reviews and watched all review videos today so i walked in knowing just what to expect.

but i cant put my finger on it i just feel like something was missing.

will be going again regardless.

just wanted to throw some things out there ill spoiler them before i forget to mention them...

when keaton opened the door and was the dad :wow:

childish gambino being miles morales uncle and him mentioning hes got a nephew :wow:

flash gordon will be criticized but i actually though it was hilarious. i have a weird sense of humor. was dying with him djing :lol:

"do a backflip" :lol:

"pretty sure dudes a war criminal now" :lol:

his voice changes were :lol: both interrogation mode and NY accent spiderman

zendaya saying her friends call her MJ 8)

suit at the end tony shows him :nthat: (was that supposed to be iron spider?)

...didnt like how he ends up going back to the old suit after that reveal.

the thing i didnt like was from what i remember i feel like spidey in CW had his powers mastered a lot more than in this movie which takes place after that. i feel like the entire movie had him stumbling around and never did anything crazy besides 98%ing the ferry and maybe the washington monument heli maneuver. other that that i cant think of anything. i get hes young and hes on "training wheels" but like i just mentioned i feel like that wasnt the case during the CW airport scene. i feel like i could have done with the stumbling around for the first half maybe 3/4 of the movie but at least give us more of him coming into his own as spiderman as a superhero not just as peter parker...

also kinda along the same lines i wish they would have shown a LITTLE more of what the suit could do besides the wings and taser web. from reviews and such i feel like they made it seem like the jarvis-esque suit was in it way more than it was. like give us a fight scene where it shows it off a little bit more.

other than whatever gripes i had above it doesnt take away from the movie all that much and thats just me nitpicking i guess. i feel like that will all be addressed going forward apart from the CW thing i mentioned (just doesnt make sense to me). i guess it was their way of making it an "origin" movie without having to go through all the stuff everyone knows already. just wished it had as much of an arc for spiderman as peter.

Last edited:
Im so mad Peter passed on the iron spider suit

Do they give a clear shot of it at the least?

Like what they did with war machine in IM1

Also heard they got some previews of potential gifts for Thor and cap

I saw it on twitter

What about the gifts for cap and Thor?

it wasnt really the iron spidey suit, it was more like the spiderman game suit, its metallic but still no spiderlegs[\spoiler]

it wasnt really the iron spidey suit, it was more like the spiderman game suit, its metallic but still no spiderlegs[\spoiler]
First thing I thought of when I saw the image.. but I can't see them giving spidey Tony's colors in the MCU

First thing I thought of when I saw the image.. but I can't see them giving spidey Tony's colors in the MCU
i dont think well ever get the full on iron spider suit. i think that was their nod to it.

kinda like how they teased the press conference which i would like to believe was a nod to the press conference from the civil war comics for spiderman/iron spider.

i could be wrong but thats what came to mind. 

I think we get some form of upgrade.. maybe not the red and gold full on iron spider.. but I think we get something

It is definitely a nod to CW books with it being more metallic and the press conference but his suit in this is really already IronSpidey tech minus the legs so to me at least, no legs/no red no IronSpideySuit

I like how realistic it was. It was pretty grounded.

Dude seemed stronger in CW and more experienced.

not going to go on and on about the positives, yall will fill it out because this is a great cbm but here's some very minor gripes from me

Flash Thompson being a douche nerd is more annoying than anything else, terrible decision. Just use a different character, don't waste Flash here.

Then Zendaya being Michelle but saying her friends call her "MJ" is just dumb, pick one or the other, do not combine and change up all these characters from the comics, it's just an annoyance.

He didn't have the spidey sense, this is a clumsy Spidey and at times it felt like it was done for comedy effect but not enough kill the film for me.

and that end credit scene :lol: but :smh: then :rofl: all at the same time

Definitely top 5 MCU.. prob even top 3 for me..

The movie opening with events right after the first Avengers and jumping to right before and after Civil War was really well done. It was a coming of age story and origin story. Origin of how Spidey (sort of) becomes an Avenger.

Homecoming was great. 
pimp.gif

giphy.gif

Homecoming was so dope. Hands down they got a lot of it right. From the actual high school angle of it to the awkward spidey

Revolori as flash was super weak. Sorry terrible casting IMO

The "MJ" thing?! So stupid. Loved the Michele character but nah don't disrespect Mary Jane like that.

9/10 for me.

The whole MJ thing I kinda liked. She was peepin him from afar and they're gonna try and give us a different spin on their relationship just to give us something refreshing but just like Spider-Man is gonna grow into the Spider-Man we all know so will "MJ". They'll probably try and spin it like she doesn't like Mary Jane cause it's old fashioned so she goes by Michelle her middle name or some jazz in the sequel but Zendaya is very nice to look and she's a way better fit to play that role than flat face Kirsten Dunst. The same casting nod goes to Tom Holland as well. He is the best Peter Parker and Spiderman by far. Andrew Garfield had the Spider-Man right but the Peter Parker was too timid. Don't even get me started on goofy *** Tobey Maguire. Crying over the same ***** that your best friend hit :lol: while my 15 year old MCU Spider-Man leaving dimes high dry at the school dance to fight crime and still got em choosing.

I just can't say enough about how grounded this film was yet how it acknowledged its place in the MCU and the Avengers being this larger than life thing just like how we the audience look at these films in the MCU yet it marched to its own beat and essentially turned into a 33 page comic of Spider-Man trying to stop Vulture from robbing and still trying to take Liz Allen to the school dance.

Last edited:
I couldn't stand Flash Thompson. I wish Spiderman would used instant kill on flash..

Last edited:
Homecoming was pretty good, I didn't expect much but it was funny & the action was A1. Spidey should've tap dat :smokin

Back
Top Bottom