SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I like what I've seen of his "Homemade" costume. Dead *** looks like something a high school nerd would make on a limited budget.

The Amazing Spider-Man was the greatest Spider-Man film to ever be made to date, I dunno guys, I have a bad feeling about this movie. Feels real Fant4stic Four'ish.

I was a big fan of the Amazing Spider-Man. Whether it was better than the 1st Spidey flick is arguable. But its definitely not touching Spider-Man 2

Bummer that the 'leaked' photo of Spidey is a fake.

ASM 1 > ASM 2. What I liked about Garfield was that he had the humor of Spidey, but not the look. Tobey had the look, but not the humor. I was happy with the costume in ASM 2 though. Sony got the costume right, there.

Nothing is topping the 02 and 04 Spider Man movies.

They need to let this franchise breathe for a minute with the reboots.

If this new Spider Man's sequel comes out in 2019, that's two reboots and sequels in the same decade.

I personally don't even see what was so bad about ASM2 that made them have to do a reboot. There was promise there with them about to introduce Mary Jane.

Personally I think superhero movies should be like they did Batman in the 90's. New actors if need be but same continuity.

Nothing is topping the 02 and 04 Spider Man movies.

They need to let this franchise breathe for a minute with the reboots.

If this new Spider Man's sequel comes out in 2019, that's two reboots and sequels in the same decade.

I personally don't even see what was so bad about ASM2 that made them have to do a reboot. There was promise there with them about to introduce Mary Jane.

Personally I think superhero movies should be like they did Batman in the 90's. New actors if need be but same continuity.

exactly

Marvel also want a younger Spidey, just be glad they aren't starting with another origin film.

Much, much younger, lower teens young. Marvel wants Spidey to be 14-15 last I remember.

Garfield already looks like a hs senior/college freshmen. Plus dude is actually 31 so he is getting up there in age, Marvel wanted to explore more of his high school exploits so Garfield just wasn't gon' fit in, not to mention he burned bridges with Sony execs.

So stupid. Garfield was the best representation of Peter Parker comic wise. I like the Tobey movies but he was too dorky. Garfield should be Spidey in Civil War.

This kid spiderman stuff needs to go. Peter was in college by issue 10 at least I'm the comics. I get it's all about money to them, but seriously how many high school peter's are we going to see.

Amel223 you're probably right about them not wanting to use Sony's guy.

So stupid. Garfield was the best representation of Peter Parker comic wise. I like the Tobey movies but he was too dorky. Garfield should be Spidey in Civil War.

This kid spiderman stuff needs to go. Peter was in college by issue 10 at least I'm the comics. I get it's all about money to them, but seriously how many high school peter's are we going to see.

Amel223 you're probably right about them not wanting to use Sony's guy.

The MCU takes all its cues from the Ultimate verse. In Ultimate Marvel Spidey never aged past 16.

Sad to say but we aren't getting adult Peter Parker anytime soon

Much, much younger, lower teens young. Marvel wants Spidey to be 14-15 last I remember.

Garfield already looks like a hs senior/college freshmen. Plus dude is actually 31 so he is getting up there in age, Marvel wanted to explore more of his high school exploits so Garfield just wasn't gon' fit in, not to mention he burned bridges with Sony execs.

Good info. damn i didn't know they wanted THAT young like 14-15 (thought 18-19) but it makes sense since they want this one for the long haul for years and years

Garfield imo was the best one and he still looks young and played the high school role good but yeah he is 31 and did burn that bridge so he had to go asap.

Toby was the best Peter Parker, but Garfield was the better Spider Man. As Peter he was kind of a douche (I'll edit if that's inappropriate language), but as Spider Man, that playful sarcastic persona was perfect

Back
Top Bottom