Sportbike Club terrorizes family in a Range Rover in Manhattan (vid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but srs my stance on this situation is that the bickers were in the wrong for being dbags on the road and the driver was in the wrong for running over that guy. If I was in the situation I would have done what he did but I would have driven to a police station instead of the middle of traffic...

but srs my stance on this situation is that the bickers were in the wrong for being dbags on the road and the driver was in the wrong for running over that guy. If I was in the situation I would have done what he did but I would have driven to a police station instead of the middle of traffic...
mean.gif
 at this biker clown thinking he can ride two bikes at once

No need to break the law in the first place. You'll never get it man. You really think you're above the law. Another worthless member of society right here.

Everyone has made these judgements but no one knows how it all started.
Did the bikers just "pick" on the range rover randomly?
Was the RR driver acting out of road rage initially to cause the bikers to beat on his RR?

Nothing is really definitive until this is determined.

Bc of that, this is why i feel the RR had ways to prevent alllll of this.

I.E. - when im out wit the homies or alone, im always down to fight whoever if it calls for it.
If im out alone with a chick and someone provokes me, im going to think twice bc of the womens safety in the situation, something we would all do.

And yes, i know some of you wouldnt do anything to break the law so youd never be in that situation :rolleyes

I think one of the bikers said it started with a biker brake checking the RR to enable the rest of the riders to pass.

I.E. - when im out wit the homies or alone, im always down to fight whoever if it calls for it.
If im out alone with a chick and someone provokes me, im going to think twice bc of the womens safety in the situation, something we would all do.

I think that just reinforces that mob mentality that comes about with people in a group. You're more likely to engage in and/or initiate conflict when in a group than you are alone.

Either way, the bikers had no right to try to control the highway. And Lien had every right to continue driving and not stop and allow them to pass. Whether or not him continuing to drive escalated the situation is another issue.

Last edited:
Tragic event for everyone involved. Feel bad for the families of the RR Driver and the bikers families. 

With that said, after watching the video, I would do EXACTLY the same thing the RR Driver did. 

I find the whole scenario fascinating and a real life glimpse into what the concept of the "Fight or Flight" response is.

"The fight or flight response is a physiological reaction that occurs in response to a perceived harmful eventattack, or threat to survival.[sup][1][/sup]  It was first described byWalter Bradford Cannon.[sup][a][/sup][sup][2][/sup]  His theory states that animals react to threats with a general discharge of the sympathetic nervous system, priming the animal for fighting or fleeing.[sup]["[/sup]

It's the reason we're here today. It's the reason we've evolved. It's one of the reason why other species haven't. ASSUMING that the driver did not intentionally bump into the biker who clearly INTENTIONALLY break checked him, I see nothing wrong with what the driver did. What those bikers did to him with his 2 year old daughter in the backseat? Monsters. 

Last edited:
Does anyone think this incident might force the NYPD and other law enforcement units to make some changes (not sure how) with how to respond to calls against dudes riding their bikes illegally?

IT COULD'VE BEEN AVOIDED IF THE BIKERS DIDN'T ACT LIKE THEY RULED THE ROAD THAT DAY.  Why is the Range driver being held to a higher standard of cool-headedness than the bikers?  Here's an idea bikers:  don't be dickbag, Billy Badasses who act like you run **** on the road.  Maybe taking that approach could've helped avoid this whole ordeal.  

I'm not even arguing whether or not it was smart to not let the bikers pass.  Could he have?  Sure.  Should he have?  That's not really my call.  Maybe he had somewhere he needed to be.  Maybe he didn't know the unwritten rules of biking.  All I'm saying is that the Range driver was well within his LEGAL rights to be where he was and to continue traveling on the road he was on.  If the bikers were indeed stopping traffic, well, that's illegal.  If the bikers impeded the Range driver's progress, well, that's illegal.  

All that matters is that the Range was legally driving.  The bikers allegedly were illegally stopping/slowing traffic for their group to pass.  Also, note the unlawful imprisonment charge brought against buddy who brake checked.  Do you not have the right to get out of a situation where you're unlawfully imprisoned?  

You keep mentioning how they were driving. Who cares if they were driving illegally. He's not the cops. That's their job. He's supposed to be worried about his family, remember.

If you meet a obnoxious drunk person, do you engage them? Being publicly intoxicated is illegal and he might be unruly, but they are a threat, so you avoid them. One hundred men on motorcycles was a threat that should have been avoided instead of engaged. The police don't even engage them, because they are a threat.

Does anyone think this incident might force the NYPD and other law enforcement units to make some changes (not sure how) with how to respond to calls against dudes riding their bikes illegally?

No, the same way cops have rules with high speed chases. It can become a bigger threat to the community.

If anything it will just cause them to try to send a message publicly through the judicial system.

Maybe toughen the laws against reckless bike riders.

You keep mentioning how they were driving. Who cares if they were driving illegally. He's not the cops. That's their job. He's supposed to be worried about his family, remember.

If you meet a obnoxious drunk person, do you engage them? Being publicly intoxicated is illegal and he might be unruly, but they are a threat, so you avoid them. One hundred men on motorcycles was a threat that should have been avoided instead of engaged. The police don't even engage them, because they are a threat.

This is the crux of the whole ******g thing!!! :lol:

Magic - did their breaking of the law by how they were riding, affect other people on the road? Yes or no?

Not sure if this video was posted. ABC news did a special on this group that was involved, and apparently they have a history of shutting down Times Square. Starting around 3:30.

Dudes 30+ doing motorcycle flash mobs? Grow up.

IT COULD'VE BEEN AVOIDED IF THE BIKERS DIDN'T ACT LIKE THEY RULED THE ROAD THAT DAY.  Why is the Range driver being held to a higher standard of cool-headedness than the bikers?  Here's an idea bikers:  don't be dickbag, Billy Badasses who act like you run **** on the road.  Maybe taking that approach could've helped avoid this whole ordeal.  

I'm not even arguing whether or not it was smart to not let the bikers pass.  Could he have?  Sure.  Should he have?  That's not really my call.  Maybe he had somewhere he needed to be.  Maybe he didn't know the unwritten rules of biking.  All I'm saying is that the Range driver was well within his LEGAL rights to be where he was and to continue traveling on the road he was on.  If the bikers were indeed stopping traffic, well, that's illegal.  If the bikers impeded the Range driver's progress, well, that's illegal.  

All that matters is that the Range was legally driving.  The bikers allegedly were illegally stopping/slowing traffic for their group to pass.  Also, note the unlawful imprisonment charge brought against buddy who brake checked.  Do you not have the right to get out of a situation where you're unlawfully imprisoned?  

and you have just justified him running over the squid in the video

Magic - did their breaking of the law by how they were riding, affect other people on the road? Yes or no?

I never said it didn't. I said the situation should have been avoided, because there was nothing to gain. He wasn't going to win against 100 bikes. Both of them played a part in the events. At some point one person has to be the bigger and more mature person. Let them pass...be late to your destination. You have your family in the car. You can't pick and choose when you want to use that excuse.

Last edited:
The wife confirmed this was weekend leisure drive... Bikers are dead wrong for the bullying they do when riding in packs, but why antagonize them? Everyone has a right to the road but these nothing to lose type ****** are the ones you don't go mano e mano with...

Really this was some when worlds collide ****... 99% v. 1%, one side looks down on BMW/RR drivers the other looks down on bikers... It's always hilarious to hear people projefct personalities on people based on the car they drive. It's so dumb
laugh.gif

It all kinda reminds me of this movie

The wife confirmed this was weekend leisure drive... Bikers are dead wrong for the bullying they do when riding in packs, but why antagonize them? Everyone has a right to the road but these nothing to lose type ****** are the ones you don't go mano e mano with...

Really this was some when worlds collide ****... 99% v. 1%, one side looks down on BMW/RR drivers the other looks down on bikers... It's always hilarious to hear people projefct personalities on people based on the car they drive. It's so dumb:lol:

It all kinda reminds me of this movie

:lol:

On point.

Both parties should have just watched this movie to see how quick things can escalate.

Next thing you know, Lien's start-up is going to fold out of nowhere. Accounts frozen and errything.

Last edited:

I never said it didn't. I said the situation should have been avoided, because there was nothing to gain. He wasn't going to win against 100 bikes. Both of them played a part in the events. At some point one person has to be the bigger and more mature person. Let them pass...be late to your destination. You have your family in the car. You can't pick and choose when you want to use that excuse.

his car was stopped completely two times.... both times the group attacked his car instead of riding ahead.

laugh.gif

On point.

Both parties should have just watched this movie to see how quick things can escalate.

Next thing you know, Lien's start-up is going to fold out of nowhere. Accounts frozen and errything.
weebay.gif

laugh.gif

his car was stopped completely two times.... both times the group attacked his car instead of riding ahead.

You only saw part of the video. That thing happen for miles. By the time the video starts it's already escalated.

They didn't just see his range and attack it, because they have a hate of foreign SUV's and start messing with him.

Yes they were wrong, but he had 100 reasons to back down.

Like I said three days ago. If you want to still seem macho to your wife. Cuss them and talk about idiots on bikes while letting them pass. That way you get home safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom