(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

jl;kdfj;klasdjfkl;ajsd;klfjas;kldfjlk;sdjgkl;dsjfgkl;dsjfg;lkjsdfk;lgjsdk;lfgj;ksldfjg;klsdf

The spoiler is that is the way the Mountain kills the Red Viper :lol:

HBO has way too much Lena Dunham nudity & NOT ENOUGH Lena Heady nudity.

Damn right

tumblr_m4qey8UcOV1qbndjvo3_500.gif

sakldfasdklfghsdakljghdfjghdfjkghdfjlghdfjlkghdfjkghdfjkghdfjkghdfjlghdlfjkhgjdlfhgdjfhgdfjlkhgdfkljhgkldfhgkldfhgkldfhg

I seem to recall her going on record saying she didn't want to do any nudity until her walk of penance.

I have a love hate with that show Girls,
i can't stand watching it, but i can't stop the one mean chick is just too sexy.

but not a Lena D fan at all.

Fghklkgdwwuppkncshknjj
Gjllvsflllllgwewrklkkjgffdaqwergjkoplo
Ffjlnvxsqweyopliytewwsvbmkkgfjjkfaropofrkkfbfgghhjjklkfsgkkjgkfsahkldghkjfhllxdjjkknkjkkkkkk

Cersei hasn't shown anything in the show. I also read an interview where she talks about that famous walk her character has to make and she wants to talk to the producers about being covered up instead.

Last edited:
wasnt a boob hanging out during the sex scene with jamie

I don't think it was. You mean in the very first episode? I just rewatched it real quick and the only thing you see is some of her butt when he's clapping her cheeks.

Wasn't she nude in 300 tho?

Or was that a double?

Nah that was her. Been wanting to see those boobs again.

Last edited:
tyrion or ser barristan can be the 3rd rider also..

and none of my strictly show watchers will know what I'm yalking about when it comes to the show. so we shouldn't spoik show watchers.

wqekl;fhjdskifhsdklfhsdkhfjsdkjhfsk;djfls;djfls;djfl;sjfl;sdjfl;sdjfl;sjfls;jfl;sdjfl;sdf

Bran or someone else will warg into the third dragon and it won't have a physical rider.

Before that all happens I think I may stop watching the show next season:

James Hibberd of EW is reporting that David Benioff has stated that seven seasons is the plan. Benioff goes on to say it’s the (unstated) goal they’ve had since the beginning, that “it feels right to us,” referencing “seven gods, seven kingdoms, seven seasons.” Seven is a key number in Westeros, of course, and it may be the magic number in the end for Game of Thrones.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/11/game-of-thrones-7-seasons/

Martin will never catch up and he's already told them the character scenarios through the end of "A Dream of Spring"

Book readers are proper ******.

jl;kdfj;klasdjfkl;ajsd;klfjas;kldfjlk;sdjgkl;dsjfgkl;dsjfg;lkjsdfk;lgjsdk;lfgj;ksldfjg;klsdf

The spoiler is that is the way the Mountain kills the Red Viper :lol:

al;kdjf;alksdjf;lakdjf;lakdjf;alksdjf;ladhfpoqwieurpqowiurqpoeiurzc,./xknv,zcx.mnv.z,xcmnvz.xc,mnv
i thought he got stabbed? :nerd:

Seven seasons? Hopefully we get Winds of Winter late this year or early next year. By then they'll be on season 5, which should cover most of books 4 and 5 (since events happen at the same time). Then he'll have a couple years for A Dream of Spring.

Yeah that really is going to suck for us book people. Moving forward with the story by reading the last 2 books is a far more superior experience. Going to be impossible to avoid info from the last few seasons of the show.

I'm happy I experienced asoiaf the way I did.

In my opinion watching the first season was the best way to be introduced to the series. Not quite sure reading it would have had the same effect on me.

But I feel the complete opposite about the RW. although it was well done on the show.... Reading it was one of the bigger wtf moments I remember ever reading. The show didn't execute that feeling as strongly.

Depending how they handle the PW, I think watching joff will be more satisfying than reading it.

Basically to sum it up... I'm conflicted how I want to experience the next 2 books.

I'm sure I'll consume whatever content comes out, when it comes out. So I just hope D&D do a good job. Expand the seasons to 13-15 eps and handle the new material with respect.

I try not to be one of those "the books are always better" snobs, because that's simply not the case all the time.

Last edited:
Watching the 1st season and then reading the book was such a big mistake I made. Reading it felt like a chore :x
that happened to me also.
but then I went back and re read book 1 a few months ago and I obviously skipped over some key stufff (since I thought the show did so well.)
mainly tower of joy and danys struggles were better played in the book than show. the show made drago seem like he raped her. but the book she said its ok and allowed him to get it in.

Last edited:
I watched Season One and I read all of the books during the first off season.

I agree that reading parts of Game of Thrones after watching Season One of GOT can be repetitive but there still many benefits.

I feel like GRRM is great at setting up a scene and stimulating all five senses in a way no TV show can. In his depiction of the Tourney of the hand, I could feel kinship with Sansa, Ned and Robert. Just one scene from GOT recalled several summers past.

In my teens, I can recall garden parties and family gathering when I was young and I would be madly in love with some random chick. There would be tables of great food and my boundless teenage appetite tempered only by oppressive Summer heat and I would be drunk with love and wonder. When I was visiting my cousins in Mexico City, I felt like Ned. I felt foreign, northern, naive and my silk shirts clung to my chest as I tried to navigate a southern and corrupt metropolis. More recently, I feel like King Robert. I get drunk, tell my little cousins that I can destroy them in basketball and the next day, I have to wake up hungover and stretch my hooping clothes over my frame and try to back up my claims.

In addition, GRRM shows the thoughts of characters far more extensively. For instance, we see just how naive and ill advised, Lord Stark is when he thinks that Cersei and Tywin and Jaime and will just leave Westeros.

We also see many more nuances related to the start of the War of the Five Kings. We see how Edmure, Tywin, Jaime, Lord Walder and the others were positioned and the show does a poor job of explaining all of that.

Back
Top Bottom