Spike Lee's directing the Americain "Oldboy" Remake? Vol. I don't even..

Late pass please, if necessary.

eek.gif

I knew noting about this. Normaly I loathe american remakes of foreign movies, but its Spike Lee joint and its Oldboy. I don't even know what to say about this.

Do you think this is going to be another 2 Fast 2 Furious?

Will be terrible.  Out of all the movies why would they choose to remake this one?

Originally Posted by shogun

Will be terrible.  Out of all the movies why would they choose to remake this one?

Because Hollywood ran out of ideas a long, LONG time ago.

It's not Sharlto Copley (District 9) VS Josh Brolin? They are two good actors so I give the film a chance at least.

why touch oldboy....? the dubbed version of the movie was bad enough.

go make akira live action or something...what happened to that project anyways?

Originally Posted by Sixfoot nathan

it's been done

'the samaritan' starring samuel l. jackson

That was a Spike Lee movie?I guess I know which ones to watch. This thread is making me realized there is a difference between a "Spike Lee Joint" and a movie that Spike Lee directed. This looks like the latter.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Because Hollywood ran out of ideas a long, LONG time ago.
Yeah but it seems like an odd choice.  Especially considering the subject matter and the shocking ending.  That stuff is still kind of taboo in America and they'll probably change it.

One of my favorite movies. Don't think the Hollywood adaptation will even come close to the classic that it is.

why all the hate for spike?
miracle at st anna was trash but the rest of his track record is just fine/great

Oldboy is my favorite movie.

Spike Lee is one of my favorite directors.

.... Yet I am still unsure of this.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

One of my favorite movies. Don't think the Hollywood adaptation will even come close to the classic that it is.

I think if it's just gon' be an adaptation then I'd be fine with it. If it's gon' be a straight up remake, then that's where the problem would be. And as good as Brolin is, Choi Min-Sik had already made the role his own. 

eek.gif

I knew noting about this. Normaly I loathe american remakes of foreign movies, but its Spike Lee joint and its Oldboy. I don't even know what to say about this.

indifferent.gif
What the #%@@ does this mean?

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

eek.gif

indifferent.gif
What the @@$# does this mean?

I'm glad someone else was lost on that too.
laugh.gif

Maybe he thought Spike directed 2 Fast 2 Furious? He didn't, it was John Singleton.

Can someone explain what the big deal is?

Is it the movie being remade or that spike is doing the remaking?

Don't remember people crying when Infernal Affairs was remade as The Departed.

Unaware that ppl don't like movies Spike Lee has directed. He's a really good director but now that I see some movies ppl are mentioning I can see ppl don't even know what movies Spike Lee has directed
laugh.gif

Still I'm conflicted on this since Old boy was so good and I know there'll be changes and different things for the American version. At the least I hope that when they do their own spin it ends up having it's own classic feel to it.

why mess with a classic.
given the chance they would try to repaint the mona lisa

the netflix version with the dubbing was terrible btw

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

At the time, did most people even know that it was the American version of Infernal Affairs?
Plus it was directed by Scorcese and starred DiCaprio, Damon, and Nicholson so people were excited for it.  It also turned out to be a really good movie.

Originally Posted by zxc123

why mess with a classic.
given the chance they would try to repaint the mona lisa

the netflix version with the dubbing was terrible btw
Cuz it's not an American classic. I'd be down for a lot more American remakes if they're handled and starring the right ppl.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

At the time, did most people even know that it was the American version of Infernal Affairs?
Plus it was directed by Scorcese and starred DiCaprio, Damon, and Nicholson so people were excited for it.  It also turned out to be a really good movie.
Why not give this the same chance?

Back
Top Bottom