Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Originally Posted by DubA169

pippen was "just a role player"

watch your %*%%*+@ mouth.
THIS
I swear, people are trying to imagine basketball history to justify their feelings on the dirty that happened Thursday night.
smh.gif
The worst thing the Legion of Doom did that night: make the basketball community stop using their brains.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

How does Kobe shoot WAY better from the 3 when LeBron shot a higher % from the 3 this season...?

*Scratches head*

Originally Posted by KenJi714

You even play basketball dude ? Shooting is basically the game of basketball

Um, what?

That's why Kapono played 17 MPG this past season, right?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

You just had to add that in there huh? You know for a minute, your opinions actually came off respectable.

But you just gave it up, now we know you're just a hater who will gargle LeBrons balls now
smh.gif
should have left that one alone son.

Andfor the record, Kobe has better handles, he's a WAYYY better shooterfrom the perimeter and the 3, he has better footwork, he's definitelybetter at defense (when he tries), has the stronger mentality... ect.

LeBron is the better dancer though.
wink.gif

Well, he IS better at cheating on his wife, he has LeBron 1-0 in that department, no?

I'm not a Kobe hater AT ALL, dudes one of my favorite players and I like him MORE than LeBron.

I just know that as of today, LeBron is the better basketball player, and its not even that close anymore.
How you guys even knowing what Kobe and Bron do with their wives. For all we know, Bron is smashin like Tiger...

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

How does Kobe shoot WAY better from the 3 when LeBron shot a higher % from the 3 this season...?

*Scratches head*

Originally Posted by KenJi714

You even play basketball dude ? Shooting is basically the game of basketball

Um, what?

That's why Kapono played 17 MPG this past season, right?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

You just had to add that in there huh? You know for a minute, your opinions actually came off respectable.

But you just gave it up, now we know you're just a hater who will gargle LeBrons balls now
smh.gif
should have left that one alone son.

Andfor the record, Kobe has better handles, he's a WAYYY better shooterfrom the perimeter and the 3, he has better footwork, he's definitelybetter at defense (when he tries), has the stronger mentality... ect.

LeBron is the better dancer though.
wink.gif

Well, he IS better at cheating on his wife, he has LeBron 1-0 in that department, no?

I'm not a Kobe hater AT ALL, dudes one of my favorite players and I like him MORE than LeBron.

I just know that as of today, LeBron is the better basketball player, and its not even that close anymore.
How you guys even knowing what Kobe and Bron do with their wives. For all we know, Bron is smashin like Tiger...

well, technically, if lebron and kobe are both cheaters, then lebron would be the better cheater since he has never been caught

well, technically, if lebron and kobe are both cheaters, then lebron would be the better cheater since he has never been caught

I really didn't think it was possible, but Bron in 1 hr made Kobe the most popular player in the NBA again. Dudes I know who HATE Kobe b/c of the way he chews gum are now beggin for him to stick it to Bron this coming season, it's remarkable.

I really didn't think it was possible, but Bron in 1 hr made Kobe the most popular player in the NBA again. Dudes I know who HATE Kobe b/c of the way he chews gum are now beggin for him to stick it to Bron this coming season, it's remarkable.

Seeing a lot of no nos in this thread. Pippen is an all star, not just a puzzle piece. Rodman is an all star. Jordan got his. I love Jordan to death, and for me he will always be the best, but stop acting like he wore a cape and the rest of his team was Lois Lane. They were all competent, ask Rodman of 89 and 90 Piston's championship fame. Ask Pippen, shooting 22 ppg in 94 and leading the Bulls to the Eastern Semis without Michael. 6x champion, 7x nba all star, 3x nba first team, 8x nba all defensive first team. It doesn't get much better than that. Don't hate Lebron for joining up with another superstar and a still relatively post season unproven 4 man. The goal is to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. You can hate him because he's not on your team, but as a Knick fan, and Heat hater, you can't blame the man for putting himself in the most advantageous spot he could. If this exact 3 was on the Knicks, the Bulls, the Clips, the Nets, the Raptors, or whichever team you choose to root for, for whoever it benefits would be supporting. It's fun to hate when it doesn't benefit you to love, or is something that puts you/your team in a rough position (doggy style, missionary style, a little anilingus), but the fact is the dude made the right career move. This is no different than Bill Gates buying the Microsoft technology dirt cheap and turning it into a billion dollar empire. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Seeing a lot of no nos in this thread. Pippen is an all star, not just a puzzle piece. Rodman is an all star. Jordan got his. I love Jordan to death, and for me he will always be the best, but stop acting like he wore a cape and the rest of his team was Lois Lane. They were all competent, ask Rodman of 89 and 90 Piston's championship fame. Ask Pippen, shooting 22 ppg in 94 and leading the Bulls to the Eastern Semis without Michael. 6x champion, 7x nba all star, 3x nba first team, 8x nba all defensive first team. It doesn't get much better than that. Don't hate Lebron for joining up with another superstar and a still relatively post season unproven 4 man. The goal is to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. You can hate him because he's not on your team, but as a Knick fan, and Heat hater, you can't blame the man for putting himself in the most advantageous spot he could. If this exact 3 was on the Knicks, the Bulls, the Clips, the Nets, the Raptors, or whichever team you choose to root for, for whoever it benefits would be supporting. It's fun to hate when it doesn't benefit you to love, or is something that puts you/your team in a rough position (doggy style, missionary style, a little anilingus), but the fact is the dude made the right career move. This is no different than Bill Gates buying the Microsoft technology dirt cheap and turning it into a billion dollar empire. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

SMH i really didn't know there were so many females on nt....like I've said before we have GROWN MEN hating on another mans decision to win championships that just shows how big Lebron really is when MEN act like girls
laugh.gif

Lebron is the reigning 2-time MVP so he is the best player on the heats roster right now hes gonna follow those 2 MVPs up with another this year...He will be the main reason why the are going to win championships cuz he is a do it all kind of player why do u all think dwade and bosh were so happy they didn't wanna play against lebron

while all u dudes are hating on Lebron for leaving his "home" if yall knew anything about the game I believe Wilt Chamberlain the Hall of Famer/one of the greatest centers to ever play the game you all may or may not know of him
laugh.gif
but he played for the 76ers at the beginning of his career which is also in his hometown of Philly for 7 years before he asked to be traded to LA because he couldn't win in Philly but he went on to play with a team who already had 2 HALL OF FAMERS on there roster Jerry West and Elgin Baylor where he went on to win a finals MVP and 2 NBA titles but since everybody hates Lebron thats different I guess
ohwell.gif

If you were Lebron would you really pass up playing with wade and bosh...you play the game to win the regular season doesn't matter playoffs due Celtics proved that Cleveland brought in Wally Szerbiak, Eric Snow, Ben Wallace, Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, David Wesley, Mo Williams, Shaq at 38, Jamison at 34 but he's supposed to be the man and win against the elite teams like Spurs, LA, Boston, Orlando with those rosters get the !@&% outta here he did what he could and if Lebron and Kobe switched places it would be the same results I guarantee it I wanna see the "GREAT" Kobe go to the finals and win rings with those guys

Lebron is in the right place right now he's got another superstar in Wade and a really really good player in Bosh he's no superstar imo, he's got president who's gonna make moves in Pat Riley yall should really appreciate the fact that we get to watch these athletes do what they do everyday...as a fan of sports I'm glad I got/get to see Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Duncan, KG, Jordan, Barkley, Shaq, Penny, Pippen, etc. what those guys do every nite is truly amazing

SMH i really didn't know there were so many females on nt....like I've said before we have GROWN MEN hating on another mans decision to win championships that just shows how big Lebron really is when MEN act like girls
laugh.gif

Lebron is the reigning 2-time MVP so he is the best player on the heats roster right now hes gonna follow those 2 MVPs up with another this year...He will be the main reason why the are going to win championships cuz he is a do it all kind of player why do u all think dwade and bosh were so happy they didn't wanna play against lebron

while all u dudes are hating on Lebron for leaving his "home" if yall knew anything about the game I believe Wilt Chamberlain the Hall of Famer/one of the greatest centers to ever play the game you all may or may not know of him
laugh.gif
but he played for the 76ers at the beginning of his career which is also in his hometown of Philly for 7 years before he asked to be traded to LA because he couldn't win in Philly but he went on to play with a team who already had 2 HALL OF FAMERS on there roster Jerry West and Elgin Baylor where he went on to win a finals MVP and 2 NBA titles but since everybody hates Lebron thats different I guess
ohwell.gif

If you were Lebron would you really pass up playing with wade and bosh...you play the game to win the regular season doesn't matter playoffs due Celtics proved that Cleveland brought in Wally Szerbiak, Eric Snow, Ben Wallace, Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, David Wesley, Mo Williams, Shaq at 38, Jamison at 34 but he's supposed to be the man and win against the elite teams like Spurs, LA, Boston, Orlando with those rosters get the !@&% outta here he did what he could and if Lebron and Kobe switched places it would be the same results I guarantee it I wanna see the "GREAT" Kobe go to the finals and win rings with those guys

Lebron is in the right place right now he's got another superstar in Wade and a really really good player in Bosh he's no superstar imo, he's got president who's gonna make moves in Pat Riley yall should really appreciate the fact that we get to watch these athletes do what they do everyday...as a fan of sports I'm glad I got/get to see Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Duncan, KG, Jordan, Barkley, Shaq, Penny, Pippen, etc. what those guys do every nite is truly amazing

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by baik

1995-96 Los Angeles Lakers: 53 wins
2009-10 Miami Heat: 47 wins

Yet out of these two the Heat are the "made" team?
laugh.gif
Keep going, trying to find the differences between the two situations. Shaq prior to 1996-97 and Bron prior to 2010-11:

Both rookies of the year.
Both put up insane numbers during this period.
Both had great regular season records with their teams.
Both had one NBA finals appearance where they got swept.
The only differences are that Shaq had a legit supporting cast capable of winning a championship- most importantly a legit #2 man. And the other difference is that LeBron won two MVPs, where he apparently is coming to be someone's #2 man after winning two straight hands down MVPs.
laugh.gif
how are these teams the same?...what shaq did and what lebron did is completely different
the heat are a "made" team because they already had wade and bosh...lets not talk about the season prior to this because this team got "made" a couple days before lebron signed on...this would be equivalent to shaq jumping on the rockets with hakeem and clyde or shaq going to the lakers because they had two other surefire superstars sign there beforehand which they did not

laugh.gif
Keep going, trying to find the differences between the two situations. Shaq prior to 1996-97 and Bron prior to 2010-11:

The only differences are that Shaq had a legit supporting cast capable of winning a championship- most importantly a legit #2 man. And the other difference is that LeBron won two MVPs, where he apparently is coming to be someone's #2 man after winning two straight hands down MVPs.
laugh.gif
how are these teams the same?...what shaq did and what lebron did is completely different
the heat are a "made" team because they already had wade and bosh...lets not talk about the season prior to this because this team got "made" a couple days before lebron signed on...this would be equivalent to shaq jumping on the rockets with hakeem and clyde or shaq going to the lakers because they had two other surefire superstars sign there beforehand which they did not

mannn don't even bring shaq jumping ship in this argument...shaq didnt go to no MADE team...that team had eddie jones and van exel as their 2 best players and a genius named jerry west that picked up this kid named kobe who panned out pretty well, but was considered a risky pick in those days

what lebron did here was pure cowardice...didn't want to work as hard as a player of lebron james' caliber would have to, so wanted the title basically handed to him (although by some way i hope he never wins...i can wish right?)

so funny that you guys still believe this coward as the greatest player on the planet and yet he doesnt believe that himself

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
The Heat had a superstar BEFORE the arrival of LeBron. The Lakers did NOT. The Heat have been eliminated in the playoffs because they surrounded Wade with garbage. The Lakers pre-Shaq do not feature ANY future HOF'ers nor any superstars. Their team had very good players, but no one that is ranked top 3 at their respective position. MJ won the MVP award the year before the off-season that Shaq signed with LA. It would be like Shaq, MJ, and Grant Hill signing to the Lakers ...

mannn don't even bring shaq jumping ship in this argument...shaq didnt go to no MADE team...that team had eddie jones and van exel as their 2 best players and a genius named jerry west that picked up this kid named kobe who panned out pretty well, but was considered a risky pick in those days

what lebron did here was pure cowardice...didn't want to work as hard as a player of lebron james' caliber would have to, so wanted the title basically handed to him (although by some way i hope he never wins...i can wish right?)

so funny that you guys still believe this coward as the greatest player on the planet and yet he doesnt believe that himself

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
The Heat had a superstar BEFORE the arrival of LeBron. The Lakers did NOT. The Heat have been eliminated in the playoffs because they surrounded Wade with garbage. The Lakers pre-Shaq do not feature ANY future HOF'ers nor any superstars. Their team had very good players, but no one that is ranked top 3 at their respective position. MJ won the MVP award the year before the off-season that Shaq signed with LA. It would be like Shaq, MJ, and Grant Hill signing to the Lakers ...

Most telling, I think, are the opinions of former professional athletes:

Reggie Miller:
He is the best player in the league; can we put him now in the same category of Michael Jordan, who never left Chicago; Larry Bird, who never left Boston; or Magic Johnson, who has four or five rings, in the same breath? No. If he would have stayed in Cleveland and won one championship built around him, we would have put him on Mount Rushmore ... LeBron is the Alex Rodriguez. It is still Dwyane’s team. Between LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, one of those guys has to sacrifice and to me it will have to be LeBron James because it is Dwyane Wade’s team.
Otis Smith:
I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor.
Chris Webber:
I’m never mentioning him and Jordan in the same sentence ever again.
Charles Barkley:
LeBron will never be the guy. I wish he would have tried to win it by himself as ‘the guy.’

Most telling, I think, are the opinions of former professional athletes:

Reggie Miller:
He is the best player in the league; can we put him now in the same category of Michael Jordan, who never left Chicago; Larry Bird, who never left Boston; or Magic Johnson, who has four or five rings, in the same breath? No. If he would have stayed in Cleveland and won one championship built around him, we would have put him on Mount Rushmore ... LeBron is the Alex Rodriguez. It is still Dwyane’s team. Between LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, one of those guys has to sacrifice and to me it will have to be LeBron James because it is Dwyane Wade’s team.
Otis Smith:
I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor.
Chris Webber:
I’m never mentioning him and Jordan in the same sentence ever again.
Charles Barkley:
LeBron will never be the guy. I wish he would have tried to win it by himself as ‘the guy.’

I mean, the dude is 25 years old and people are saying that he can't be mentioned with ________ and ________.

Can we let the man finish his career?

People will be singing a different tune if he happens to win 4-5 Chips in his career, trust.

I mean, the dude is 25 years old and people are saying that he can't be mentioned with ________ and ________.

Can we let the man finish his career?

People will be singing a different tune if he happens to win 4-5 Chips in his career, trust.

LOL Didn't Barkley already lose his house when he bet it against Boston in the Eastern Semis?!

On a serious note, I saw all of the above comments live as they were said, and agree to some extent. I think everyone would have liked to see LJ bring one home to Cleveland before he went on his way, but at the same time the sand in the hour glass is beginning to look a little less one sided. The guy wants to win. Again, I think it's obvious he would receive more respect from everyone had he stuck it out and won it in Ohio, but what if he just can't? What if he assessed the situation and truly believes Mo Williams/Delonte West aren't enough of a supporting cast, now what? Stick it out just to stick it out? Just to measure #$@+ sizes with a bunch of people that don't make 1/4 of what this dude's personal chef makes? The guy wants a RING. He's playing for a RING. When it's all said and done, the respect he lost for not sticking it out in Cleveland argument is going to fair a lot better than the "Well this guy never got a ring" argument will. I don't blame him for making the move, and I truthfully wish he gave Cleveland a few more years, because I feel they were on the verge. At the same time however, when opportunity presents itself it's only right he rolls with it. 7 years of your life is a long time to have little to show for it. On a team with Mo Williams and some dude who is rumored to have f*cked your mother? I don't think I would mind jumping over to a team with your Gold Medal winning partners. All is fair in basketball, stop whining and accept it.

Just a Knicks fan's point of view though... take it for what you want.

LOL Didn't Barkley already lose his house when he bet it against Boston in the Eastern Semis?!

On a serious note, I saw all of the above comments live as they were said, and agree to some extent. I think everyone would have liked to see LJ bring one home to Cleveland before he went on his way, but at the same time the sand in the hour glass is beginning to look a little less one sided. The guy wants to win. Again, I think it's obvious he would receive more respect from everyone had he stuck it out and won it in Ohio, but what if he just can't? What if he assessed the situation and truly believes Mo Williams/Delonte West aren't enough of a supporting cast, now what? Stick it out just to stick it out? Just to measure #$@+ sizes with a bunch of people that don't make 1/4 of what this dude's personal chef makes? The guy wants a RING. He's playing for a RING. When it's all said and done, the respect he lost for not sticking it out in Cleveland argument is going to fair a lot better than the "Well this guy never got a ring" argument will. I don't blame him for making the move, and I truthfully wish he gave Cleveland a few more years, because I feel they were on the verge. At the same time however, when opportunity presents itself it's only right he rolls with it. 7 years of your life is a long time to have little to show for it. On a team with Mo Williams and some dude who is rumored to have f*cked your mother? I don't think I would mind jumping over to a team with your Gold Medal winning partners. All is fair in basketball, stop whining and accept it.

Just a Knicks fan's point of view though... take it for what you want.

One more thing, people who have already compared Lebron to Jordan are blinded by the number he wore, and have little to no clue what they're talking about. Not taking anything away from Lebron, but to compare him to MJ is just

A) premature (to say the least)
B) almost unachievable bar to set for somebody
C) in general too much to ask for and hope to see as a fan

As Starks said, let the guy play out at least half of his damn career before you start measuring him next to the relatively unanimously decided king of basketball.

One more thing, people who have already compared Lebron to Jordan are blinded by the number he wore, and have little to no clue what they're talking about. Not taking anything away from Lebron, but to compare him to MJ is just

A) premature (to say the least)
B) almost unachievable bar to set for somebody
C) in general too much to ask for and hope to see as a fan

As Starks said, let the guy play out at least half of his damn career before you start measuring him next to the relatively unanimously decided king of basketball.

Back
Top Bottom