Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

JD617 wrote:

Kobe Bryant would be the third best player on the Miami Heat.

kobe bryant would be the undeniable first option in the final seconds of a close game

The only people in the world that believe this are Laker fans and Kobe Bryant himself.

I don't like to get into these silly arguments but you're out of your mind if you don't think Kobe would get the ball for the last shot the great majority of times if LeBron and Wade were on his team.

Now, y'all just talking out of your $*$$%.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by qwerty330

DoubleJs, are you just trying to play devils advocate or do you really not understand why people are pissed at his decision to join 2 other superstars on the same team and killing the competitive nature of the sport?
Would you feel the same way if hypothetically, lebron joined the lakers next season? i mean its still his RIGHT to go wherever he wants.
I think people would have been nowhere near as pissed (other than cleveland) if lebron joined nj, ny, or chicago.

lol i tell ya this. everybody defending lebron james right now wouldnt be defending him if he and bosh joined the lakers instead of the heat. this board is funny like that. half this board would quit watching nba basketball if that happend

qft,  it's funny how it works like that
That would mean there would be a purge of players in LA including Kobe though. Kobe would end up in Cleveland so I'd watch just to see what would happen.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by qwerty330

DoubleJs, are you just trying to play devils advocate or do you really not understand why people are pissed at his decision to join 2 other superstars on the same team and killing the competitive nature of the sport?
Would you feel the same way if hypothetically, lebron joined the lakers next season? i mean its still his RIGHT to go wherever he wants.
I think people would have been nowhere near as pissed (other than cleveland) if lebron joined nj, ny, or chicago.

lol i tell ya this. everybody defending lebron james right now wouldnt be defending him if he and bosh joined the lakers instead of the heat. this board is funny like that. half this board would quit watching nba basketball if that happend

qft,  it's funny how it works like that
That would mean there would be a purge of players in LA including Kobe though. Kobe would end up in Cleveland so I'd watch just to see what would happen.
laugh.gif

I think Lebron would have been foolish to take all this nonsense - like legacy, parity in the NBA, the state of Cleveland, and so on - into account for his decision. To me, nothing was wrong with the decision made. Lebron chose the team he wanted to play for, the team that gave him what he felt was the best chance to win multiple championships rings. The problem was how he made the Decision; rather, than coming out and saying, "I think I'm leaning towards leaving Cleveland in favor of somewhere that gives me a better chance to contend and contend for a long time," he called for a fatuously dramatic and very unnecessary ESPN segment.

I also don't buy the Lebron's legacy is ruined argument. It's pure rubbish, and I think it reflects a sort selfishness on the part of NBA fans. It's as if we want Lebron to be someone he is not. He is not Michael Jordan, nor will he ever be. Yes, he is dominant, but he doesn't have that aspect of mental dominance and fortitude that propelled Mike to ring after ring. Lebron's game suits high caliber teammates; he enjoys sharing the basketball, and making his teammates better. Given that he has just entered his prime, I see him as the front runner for MVP in 2011. It'd be foolish to bet against him, regardless of who he plays with. Lastly, remember Dwyane Wade's game is built around his athleticism, his lightning quick first step, and ability to freeze defenders. Wade will be 29 next season, so it's probable that we are seeing his best days now, and that 2 - 3 years from now he will not be quite as effective. Whether he can change his game as he ages as Kobe has done remains to be seen. Fortunately for the Heat, 2-3 years from now Bosh and Bron will likely be at their peaks.

I think Lebron would have been foolish to take all this nonsense - like legacy, parity in the NBA, the state of Cleveland, and so on - into account for his decision. To me, nothing was wrong with the decision made. Lebron chose the team he wanted to play for, the team that gave him what he felt was the best chance to win multiple championships rings. The problem was how he made the Decision; rather, than coming out and saying, "I think I'm leaning towards leaving Cleveland in favor of somewhere that gives me a better chance to contend and contend for a long time," he called for a fatuously dramatic and very unnecessary ESPN segment.

I also don't buy the Lebron's legacy is ruined argument. It's pure rubbish, and I think it reflects a sort selfishness on the part of NBA fans. It's as if we want Lebron to be someone he is not. He is not Michael Jordan, nor will he ever be. Yes, he is dominant, but he doesn't have that aspect of mental dominance and fortitude that propelled Mike to ring after ring. Lebron's game suits high caliber teammates; he enjoys sharing the basketball, and making his teammates better. Given that he has just entered his prime, I see him as the front runner for MVP in 2011. It'd be foolish to bet against him, regardless of who he plays with. Lastly, remember Dwyane Wade's game is built around his athleticism, his lightning quick first step, and ability to freeze defenders. Wade will be 29 next season, so it's probable that we are seeing his best days now, and that 2 - 3 years from now he will not be quite as effective. Whether he can change his game as he ages as Kobe has done remains to be seen. Fortunately for the Heat, 2-3 years from now Bosh and Bron will likely be at their peaks.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

JD617 wrote:
kobe bryant would be the undeniable first option in the final seconds of a close game
The only people in the world that believe this are Laker fans and Kobe Bryant himself.

You're not making any sense. Kobe's proven to be more clutch than LeBron and Wade. Give the ball to LeBron and it's 50/50. Wade isn't that impressive in the final seconds either. Spoelstra isn't dumb enough to not give the ball to Kobe.

When the hell did Kobe Bryant come more clutch than Wade? Leborn I'll give you. But Reggie Miller was more than KG than don't make Miller a better basketball player than KG.

JD617 wrote:

You're not making any sense. Kobe's proven to be more clutch than LeBron and Wade. Give the ball to LeBron and it's 50/50. Wade isn't that impressive in the final seconds either. Spoelstra isn't dumb enough to not give the ball to Kobe.

When the hell did Kobe Bryant come more clutch than Wade? Leborn I'll give you. But Reggie Miller was more than KG than don't make Miller a better basketball player than KG.

I never said being more clutch makes you the better player. If you were paying attention, the argument dealt with Kobe being the 3rd option/Kobe being the first option in the final seconds of a game.

Regardless of you ignoring the argument Kobe's always been more clutch than Wade and he is the better player between the two.

I never said being more clutch makes you the better player. If you were paying attention, the argument dealt with Kobe being the 3rd option/Kobe being the first option in the final seconds of a game.

Regardless of you ignoring the argument Kobe's always been more clutch than Wade and he is the better player between the two.

D-Wade has been just as clutch as Kobe seen he has been in the league.

D-Wade has been just as clutch as Kobe seen he has been in the league.

I hate these WHAT IF type debates
grin.gif

But..

IF... Kobe was the third option on a Wade/Lebron team, it would only be for the sake of overwhelming the opposition and saving him for clutch moments. He'd be uber-Manu. And I think we've all witnessed Manu be the best player on SA in small controlled bursts. Well uh... Kobe is the best player in the Milky Way that didn't play in Space Jam. At his age, relative to the other players in question, I think it would be an awesome idea to have him as a 3rd option. Kobe as a third... not second, but third option would be an easy 19-5-6 with Nash-esque %-es. What's the point of having a work horse like LBJ and young legs like Wade's if you're not gonna let them do all the heavy lifting? Let LBJ deal with double teams and let Wade take all the good hacks. If you put Bean in Ray Allen's shoes, pray for the guy closing out hard on the kick out..

I hate these WHAT IF type debates
grin.gif

But..

IF... Kobe was the third option on a Wade/Lebron team, it would only be for the sake of overwhelming the opposition and saving him for clutch moments. He'd be uber-Manu. And I think we've all witnessed Manu be the best player on SA in small controlled bursts. Well uh... Kobe is the best player in the Milky Way that didn't play in Space Jam. At his age, relative to the other players in question, I think it would be an awesome idea to have him as a 3rd option. Kobe as a third... not second, but third option would be an easy 19-5-6 with Nash-esque %-es. What's the point of having a work horse like LBJ and young legs like Wade's if you're not gonna let them do all the heavy lifting? Let LBJ deal with double teams and let Wade take all the good hacks. If you put Bean in Ray Allen's shoes, pray for the guy closing out hard on the kick out..

moz-screenshot.png
1277768070.jpg
[h1]Inside look at LeBron’s free-agent coup[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 12 hours, 3 minutes ago

At the Beijing Olympics, where LeBron James(notes) was surrounded by such talent and possibility, the Cleveland Cavaliers began to lose their star to free agency. The beginning of his departure came in small moments on the daily bus rides through the city’s choking smog and bigger ones on the basketball court. Together, Dwyane Wade(notes), Chris Bosh(notes) and James kept talking about the summer of 2010, about the chance of a lifetime to chase championships and roll like a touring rock band.

And yet before Pat Riley’s free-agency vision for the Miami Heat could ever be validated, James had to first become a member of that 2008 Olympic team. The public never knew what those on the inside of American basketball’s elite power structure did: In the years and months before Beijing, that was very much in doubt for James.

Back when the Heat’s three new superstars had signed short contract extensions and started to explore the idea of free agency thrusting them together, a different discussion had played out within the NBA and USA Basketball: What should we do with LeBron?

From Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski to managing director Jerry Colangelo to NBA elders, the issue of James’ immaturity and downright disrespectfulness had become a consuming topic on the march to the Olympics. The course of history could’ve changed dramatically, because there was a real risk that James wouldn’t be brought to Beijing based on fears his monumental talents weren’t worth the daily grind of dealing with him.

When the mandate had been to gather these immense egos and get the NBA’s greatest players to fit into a program, no one had a more difficult time meshing into the framework than James. Other players made it a point to learn the names of staffers and modestly go about their business without barking orders and brash demands.

No one could stand James as a 19-year-old in the 2004 Athens Olympics, nor the 2006 World Championships. Officials feared James could become the instigator of everything they wanted to rid themselves for the ’08 Olympics. For as gifted as James was, Krzyzewski and Colangelo subscribed to a belief that with Kobe Bryant(notes) joining the national team in 2007, they could win a gold medal in ’08 with or without LeBron James. Behind the scenes, officials had taken to calling James’ inner circle, “The Enablers.

moz-screenshot.png
1277768070.jpg
[h1]Inside look at LeBron’s free-agent coup[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 12 hours, 3 minutes ago

At the Beijing Olympics, where LeBron James(notes) was surrounded by such talent and possibility, the Cleveland Cavaliers began to lose their star to free agency. The beginning of his departure came in small moments on the daily bus rides through the city’s choking smog and bigger ones on the basketball court. Together, Dwyane Wade(notes), Chris Bosh(notes) and James kept talking about the summer of 2010, about the chance of a lifetime to chase championships and roll like a touring rock band.

And yet before Pat Riley’s free-agency vision for the Miami Heat could ever be validated, James had to first become a member of that 2008 Olympic team. The public never knew what those on the inside of American basketball’s elite power structure did: In the years and months before Beijing, that was very much in doubt for James.

Back when the Heat’s three new superstars had signed short contract extensions and started to explore the idea of free agency thrusting them together, a different discussion had played out within the NBA and USA Basketball: What should we do with LeBron?

From Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski to managing director Jerry Colangelo to NBA elders, the issue of James’ immaturity and downright disrespectfulness had become a consuming topic on the march to the Olympics. The course of history could’ve changed dramatically, because there was a real risk that James wouldn’t be brought to Beijing based on fears his monumental talents weren’t worth the daily grind of dealing with him.

When the mandate had been to gather these immense egos and get the NBA’s greatest players to fit into a program, no one had a more difficult time meshing into the framework than James. Other players made it a point to learn the names of staffers and modestly go about their business without barking orders and brash demands.

No one could stand James as a 19-year-old in the 2004 Athens Olympics, nor the 2006 World Championships. Officials feared James could become the instigator of everything they wanted to rid themselves for the ’08 Olympics. For as gifted as James was, Krzyzewski and Colangelo subscribed to a belief that with Kobe Bryant(notes) joining the national team in 2007, they could win a gold medal in ’08 with or without LeBron James. Behind the scenes, officials had taken to calling James’ inner circle, “The Enablers.

The article by Adrian Woj is a good read. And just makes you feel as if the Cavs were fighting a battle they were
gonna lose from jump. Lebron knew he wasn't returnin. His "team" isn't helping him either...

The article by Adrian Woj is a good read. And just makes you feel as if the Cavs were fighting a battle they were
gonna lose from jump. Lebron knew he wasn't returnin. His "team" isn't helping him either...

Back
Top Bottom