Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Since when has anyone outside of Cleveland given two !*%!* about Cleveland?

LeBron and Wade are a joy to watch because they play the game how it's supposed to be played. Not some hard headed I'm taking on the entire team and letting everyone know I can make any and every shot anytime anywhere These guys are laying the groundwork to change the entire complexion of the league away from all this "Next Jordan" aspirations to sharing the glory with teammates. Can't be mad at that.

This just shows you the problem with our generation. We want everything now and the easy way. Jordan, Kobe, and Duncan are old school

This just shows you the problem with our generation. We want everything now and the easy way. Jordan, Kobe, and Duncan are old school

I love watching Lebron play.. but he had a cockiness and an attitude tonight during that press conference like he was the BOSS.

smh.gif

I love watching Lebron play.. but he had a cockiness and an attitude tonight during that press conference like he was the BOSS.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

LeBron and Wade are a joy to watch because they play the game how it's supposed to be played. Not some hard headed I'm taking on the entire team and letting everyone know I can make any and every shot anytime anywhere These guys are laying the groundwork to change the entire complexion of the league away from all this "Next Jordan" aspirations to sharing the glory with teammates. Can't be mad at that.

qft

qft

Originally Posted by youngmoney15

qft

Simpleton in disguise. If you think anybody is truly laying groundwork here I feel sorry for you.

qft

Simpleton in disguise. If you think anybody is truly laying groundwork here I feel sorry for you.

watch in a couple years no 1 will be the man and every1 will take the easy way out with super teams also in terms of hate kobe = lebron NOW! before ppl hated Lebron caused he was crowned king before winning anything now add that he took the easy path thats a bad look. also his legacy will take a huge hit if they lose to the lakers

watch in a couple years no 1 will be the man and every1 will take the easy way out with super teams also in terms of hate kobe = lebron NOW! before ppl hated Lebron caused he was crowned king before winning anything now add that he took the easy path thats a bad look. also his legacy will take a huge hit if they lose to the lakers

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Yall know he is 25 and is poised to sign a 5 yr deal right? That will take him to 30, where is all this "end his career as a sidekick" and other nonsense coming from?

And it's the Cleveland fans' fault he had to leave anyways. If they would go get jobs, and stop committing crimes, and being homeless, and smelling bad, and generally making their city suck (to the extent they can, I understand they can't control the weather), then Bosh would have come over and Bron would have stayed.
eek.gif

roll.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

Yall know he is 25 and is poised to sign a 5 yr deal right? That will take him to 30, where is all this "end his career as a sidekick" and other nonsense coming from?

And it's the Cleveland fans' fault he had to leave anyways. If they would go get jobs, and stop committing crimes, and being homeless, and smelling bad, and generally making their city suck (to the extent they can, I understand they can't control the weather), then Bosh would have come over and Bron would have stayed.
eek.gif

roll.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

on that little interview of the trio lebron was all flaunting around talking about taking the chip was going to be 'easy' and that he said hes not winning 1 chip there, or 2, not even 3 .. he did this up to 7. is his head really that blown up now that he thinks he'll easily take 8 chips with this team? i cant understand how youd still feel proud accomplishing something that you say will be so 'easy' and handed to you because you have 2 other prime superstars on your team.

on that little interview of the trio lebron was all flaunting around talking about taking the chip was going to be 'easy' and that he said hes not winning 1 chip there, or 2, not even 3 .. he did this up to 7. is his head really that blown up now that he thinks he'll easily take 8 chips with this team? i cant understand how youd still feel proud accomplishing something that you say will be so 'easy' and handed to you because you have 2 other prime superstars on your team.

Originally Posted by BrandonL32

Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, and Why the King Will Forever Be a Prince

Good Article

Leadership became an issue during James' time in Cleveland, and his decision to become one of the guys in Miami may mean he is not ready to lead a franchise to the promised land.

Los Angeles Lakers' guard Kobe Bryant is familiar with that perception because it dogged him since the time Shaquille O'Neal decided to pack his bags and vacate the premises.

But Bryant was able to find redemption a few seasons later, and instead of trying to find which superstar could best help him win a ring without Shaq, he made a decision to continue his legacy in Los Angeles.

To be fair, the Lakers did land Pau Gasol, who ended up being a perfect complement for Bryant, but that deal was made out of necessity and was not nearly as orchestrated as the formation of the Miami super team.

Exactly! that article clarifies my point...

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

qft

Huh? Disguise? How are two of the top 5 players in the league not laying groundwork when they make any major move? People need to let go, Mike ain't comin back and there will never be another Mike. He's not the be all end all, everyone doesn't need to be measure up to him to be validated.
Honestly IMO LeBron and Wade are at their best when they aren't primarily scoring. They do so many things well and have a great feel for team basketball. We had the AIs, Tmacs, Kobes 40-45% volume shooters that for the most part couldn't share the spotlight with Stack, VC or Shaq. I think this Miami deal changes things. 

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

qft

Huh? Disguise? How are two of the top 5 players in the league not laying groundwork when they make any major move? People need to let go, Mike ain't comin back and there will never be another Mike. He's not the be all end all, everyone doesn't need to be measure up to him to be validated.
Honestly IMO LeBron and Wade are at their best when they aren't primarily scoring. They do so many things well and have a great feel for team basketball. We had the AIs, Tmacs, Kobes 40-45% volume shooters that for the most part couldn't share the spotlight with Stack, VC or Shaq. I think this Miami deal changes things. 

Originally Posted by BrandonL32

Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, and Why the King Will Forever Be a Prince

Good Article

Leadership became an issue during James' time in Cleveland, and his decision to become one of the guys in Miami may mean he is not ready to lead a franchise to the promised land.

Los Angeles Lakers' guard Kobe Bryant is familiar with that perception because it dogged him since the time Shaquille O'Neal decided to pack his bags and vacate the premises.

But Bryant was able to find redemption a few seasons later, and instead of trying to find which superstar could best help him win a ring without Shaq, he made a decision to continue his legacy in Los Angeles.

To be fair, the Lakers did land Pau Gasol, who ended up being a perfect complement for Bryant, but that deal was made out of necessity and was not nearly as orchestrated as the formation of the Miami super team.

Exactly! that article clarifies my point...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

eek.gif

roll.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

c-mon-son-o.gif
Spoiler [+]

eek.gif

roll.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

c-mon-son-o.gif
Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Big J 33

The bottomline is people would find a way to hate on the guy anyway.

Stays in Cleveland... afraid of leaving Ohio, can't handle the spotlight of a big city, giving up titles for loyalty
Goes to Chicago... he's chasing Jordan, he can never be Mike, he has to win 7 titles now
Goes to NYC... he's just after the fame and money, he doesn't care about winning, he'll never win and the Knicks will suck forever
Goes to Miami... his legacy will be changed, he can never be Jordan now, he's a ring chaser, he can't do it alone

We've already seen most of that said before the decision was even made. Because of the moves this offseason, the hype, the meetings, the rumors, etc. FROM EVERYONE... the way he and his camp handled it, the way ESPN handled it, the way reporters handled it, the way WE as the consumers ate it up... no matter what happened, it was a lose-lose scenario.

To me, the "best" case scenario would have been reupping in Cleveland for 3 years, try to win one last time, then bolt to BK or NYC or Mia in a few years. Cleveland wouldn't be devastated and he would have given himself an out after a short time... but that didn't happen.

Lebron chose arguably the best chance to win... he gave up his personal numbers, potential MVPs, he knew how Cleveland would react, he knew how people would view this... but he did it anyway.

To win championships, and to win a lot of them.

Totally agree!

And what difference would 3 yrs make? They still would be a 1st maybe 2nd round team. They still wouldnt have a championship. And he would have more miles on him and he wouldve made far less money with this collective bargin plus the offer would be far less cause those max contracts wouldve been used up. I mean lets see it for what it is if you worked at a lackluster job for 7-8 yrs, you was overworked and underpaid. Then a better employer comes along with more opportunities and better work conditions, you are gonna say nah ill pass let me see where the next 3 or 4 yrs with this job takes me... lol

Actually it would have been worse cause by then chi,nyc,mia would have been more polished and established. Then everyone wouldve been treating him like malone and the glove when they jumped ship to be on the lakers. Lets face it haters and b made dudes can find a reason to hate in any scenario/situation. They are very resourceful with the hate.

Cleveland is an above average team. Point blank (With LeBron on the court OBVIOUSLY). They are a top 5 team in the league. (With LeBron) They HAD a chance to win it all with more playoff experience and a growing & primed LeBron.

Man, i find it HILARIOUS that people who complain about him ruining his legacy aren't even FANS or supporters of Lebron.  These dudes were just itching for ANY "new" excuse to hate him some more.  Y'all hated him before the the 2009-2010 season even started and y'all hate him now.  Stop the fronting and just say "i don't like Lebron because he's taking away from my favorite player's shine."  Y'all talking bout him ruining his legacy as if you guys were EVER supporters OF his legacy.  Y'all act like you guys were rooting for him to get a ring and *!%%. 

The ONLY reason y'all should be mad is the self promoting hour long special he had.  That was straight up stupid and unnecessary but don't hate on the guy because he wants to win.  Everyone trying to compare Kobe's situation and Bron's as if it were even the same thing.  Kobe stayed because that fool was THIRSTING to be the man.  Lebron is okay with being a TEAM player.  If Kobe started off as the man, never won a thing, and the future of his team's flexibility looked dim as hell, please believe that fool would've bolted T.I.P ASAP.  Hell, he was already demanding a trade until he got lucky and his team stole Pau Gasol from the dumb *+* Grizzlies.

I don't get how you can hate on a athlete that wants to go to the best situation to WIN.  Isn't that what EVERY athlete wants?  Is to win??  This is probably the most UNSELFISH thing he's ever done.  He took waaaaay less money, as did the other guys, because their MAIN focus is to win.  So where's the crime in that?  Oh, because you guys feel he should do it on his "own" right?  How funny that everyone always cries about basketball being a TEAM game yet when someone does do something that is ALL about THE team, you guys want to rip his head off.

Seriously, stop the frontin and BS excuses and just say "we would've hated Lebron REGARDLESS of what he did."

Back
Top Bottom