Sony Rebooting Spider-Man in 2012!

i'm happy with this news, they'll probably get it right this time, actor wise and director wise.
happy.gif

dunno if its been mentioned but marvel got bought out by disney a few months back.
wonder if thatll have any effect on the films

Hah, they'll probably put Shia Labeouf in the new Spidey flick. Some of you are dreading this but, he will make that movie more money than all three spiderman movies put together. Remember, this is about business. In order to do good business, put an actor that most people like to see in movies play a dorky kidthat ends up on top.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Spider-Man needs to be able to go full 180 from nerd to cocky
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
hole.
They tried too play that out in Spiderman 3 and that didn't turn out too well...emo/cocky/dancing Peter Parker
laugh.gif

I always preferred Gylenhal as Spiderman since the first one, but the studio is looking for a much younger Peter Parker so...I just hope they don't makethis look like Fantastic 4, I liked both FF movies but they were too family friendly, not that the SM movies weren't family friendly, there was just somuch more depth, in the first 2 atleast.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Spider-Man needs to be able to go full 180 from nerd to cocky
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
hole.
They tried too play that out in Spiderman 3 and that didn't turn out too well...emo/cocky/dancing Peter Parker
laugh.gif

I always preferred Gylenhal as Spiderman since the first one, but the studio is looking for a much younger Peter Parker so...I just hope they don't make this look like Fantastic 4, I liked both FF movies but they were too family friendly, not that the SM movies weren't family friendly, there was just so much more depth, in the first 2 atleast.
24c17-Tobey-Maguire.jpg

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Watch Shia get the role, seems like he's getting everything lately....
if he gets it im done with spider man
sick.gif
Shia is really good actor and is a rising star but he doesn't really look like Peter Parker

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Watch Shia get the role, seems like he's getting everything lately....
if he gets it im done with spider man
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Dude doesn't even sound remotely like Peter Parker. Dude has a ******ed voice. Anyways, I don't know what to think of this, it's a dumb movehonestly.

On the side-note, am I the only one that thinks that Topher Grace could've pulled off a better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire, he just seems like he hasmore character.

This has more to do with Raimi leaving because he can't meet the deadlines imposed on him (without risking another S3) than anyone being unsatisfied withthe products he's delivered. No one is saying the spiderman movies were terrible, they just can't continue what Raimi was doing without him especiallysince all of the main actors will not return without Raimi. If the studio feels that releasing a movie in May 2012 is more important than keeping the integrityof Raimi's vision then I probably won't care to see this movie. Raimi's probably tired of the studio bullying him. It is rumored that he was forcedto throw Venom into S3 even though he never really cared for the character.

BTW, this is the same studio that is deciding to revamp the Ghostrider series. Sounds like they really know what they're doing...

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

I want a reboot with a dark McFarlane Spidey.

Spiderman1.jpg

pimp.gif
I feel the same way but, they do not feel like a Rated R movie would make enough money for them. I understand that but, damn let's get somealternate Spider-Man movies

popping or something.

elijah-wood2.jpg

I can see Elijah Wood playing a good Spider Man.

ash1.jpg

An Ashley Greene as the new MJ. She's Alice Cullen in the Twilight movies.

I don't think Elijah Wood is going to want to saddle his career with another gigantic nerd franchise

Update

This time around, the series will place Peter Parker in a more contemporary setting, as a teenager battling today's issues. The decision to go with an origin story stemmed from Sony developing two Spidey projects simultaneously. According to studio insiders, Sony was working on both Raimi's Spider-Man 4 and the new origin story from James Vanderbilt, who wrote Zodiac. The original plan was to keep the Spider-Man gang together for one last film in 2011 before rebooting the series in 2012. When it became clear that Raimi would not be able to make the summer 2011 release date planned for Spider-Man 4, the studio opted to scrap Spider-Man 4 altogether, and focus solely on the series reboot.

Who will helm the new film is anyone's guess but with the studio interested in a more gritty, contemporary redo of the series, they are certainly focused on younger directors making waves in Hollywood. One name that has popped up is Marc Webb, the man behind (500) Day of Summer. He was previously in discussions with the studio to take over Moneyball, but that job went to Bennett Miller. Michael Bay has also previously expressed interest in taking over the Spider-Man franchise and Seabiscuit director Gary Ross worked on one of the drafts of Spider-Man 4 and is said to be a huge fan of the comic book series.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

They need to skip the origin and jump right into the action.

Maybe an origin flashback or something...

Originally Posted by jc619er

Who cares, the first three are forgettable anyways.

--Wrong. Spider-Man 2 was a solid comic book movie.
--The 1st was aight. No comment on the 3rd.

If Hollywood screws up and casts Shia Lebeouf as Peter Parker, I'll kill him.

I'll go up to this mansion and kill him all kinds of dead.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Origin story would be a waste of time.

And Topher would make the perfect Peter Parker, but he'll never get that role because of Venom.

Back
Top Bottom