Sonic Youth appreciation...

I started listening to their whole catalog for the first time in a long time recently. Their music still impresses me with their change of sounds and musicstyle from punk to noise to ambient. New album out in June. Top 10 band all time to me.

pimp.gif

Just listened to EVOL this morning, who else has been this consistent for this long in the New York punk scene?

One of the best.

i only have 2 of their albums:

Experimental Jet Set.....
Washing Machine

But nonetheless, great albums, great band and very appreciated

In addition to those mentioned;

Sonic Nurse
Sister
Goo
Dirty

But really, you can't go wrong.

I dated a girl recently who I wasn't all that attracted to because she was wearing a Sister hoodie. In my heart they are Top 5 all-time.

i heard Titanium Expose during Ed Templetons part in Welcome to Hell back in like 96/97, picked up Goo shortly after and ive been a fan ever since.

the only track i know from them is a track with cypress hill feat sonic youth: i love you mary jane from the jugment night soundtrack. reading this makes mewant to listen to their sounds.

I listened to Incinerate for like 2 months straight when whatever album that was on came out. I'll admit I'm not that well versed on their catalogue,but I like what I've heard.

very timely post... i just read in our paper today that they will be playing here soon.

i LOVE me some sonic youth.

Back
Top Bottom