Son.....SPAZZED!

For dude talking about I'm focusing on white people only, that applies to house negroes and anyone who doesn't like me based on the color of my skin.

Maybe you have evidence of other races oppressing black people the way whites have...

And just so you know, my point isn't to preach hate, it's to say we, black people, spend too much time trying to blend and operate within the system,instead of being ourselves and making our own system and building it up little by little. We're too quick to get in line and "play our part."

Anthony Stark wrote:
It seems like some of you dudes have a strong disliking towards us white folk.

I'm done befriending black people, this thread is scaring me.

Word though?
laugh.gif

My man said he's done befriending black people.
eek.gif

My-T.

Cats are funny.

We are at a historic crossroads in human history and it seems like the more media outlets we get, the less they provide real coverage.

I guess the revolution really won't be televised....

MyT whats good with a full fledged Internet Radio Station?

That requires money.

Something I'm a lil' short on right now.
laugh.gif

I'll slide my email via a PM, get @ me pause.

My-T.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Anthony Stark wrote:

Word though?
laugh.gif

eek.gif

My-T.

I was joking, but it really seems that some people in here just don't like white people based on the past.

I worded that poorly, my mistake.

I feel that the blame that's being placed on us white people, is unwarranted.

Maybe you're only blaming certain white people, I don't know.

I don't have some grand image of what one should be, I see people as people, if that makes sense.

I don't expect a person of a different ethnic background to speak/act/etc like me, because quite frankly, they aren't like me.

If I'm misunderstanding something, please enlighten me.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Anthony Stark wrote:

Word though?
laugh.gif

eek.gif

My-T.

I was joking, but it really seems that some people in here just don't like white people based on the past.

people always bring a statement like this into a race discussion...we know not all people are like this but people like you like to paint a picture that we dothink all white people are like this...if you're not that type of person than sthu cuz all you're doing is makin your self look bad...

Word.... I'm tryna get my co-hosting on MyT. What's good?
nerd.gif

Everything dude said in the segment couldn't be far from truth. As you can see there we're no contesting of his expression.

i especially like the parts were the brotha discusses the detrimental effects of trying to assimilate and be accepted into a hostile culture and the adversepsychological and spiritual problems one is likely to experience when he neglects his own cultural self and sacrifices it in attempts to gain acceptance andaccess into a world which is naturally destructive and hostile to other cultures

i also thought he touched on an excellent point when he discussed the "mystifying process" western society has used, and still uses to propagate andprotect their interests, which in most cases have been gained through wicked actions

jerryjones wrote:
i especially like the parts were the brotha discusses the detrimental effects of trying to assimilate and be accepted into a hostile culture and the adverse psychological and spiritual problems one is likely to experience when he neglects his own cultural self and sacrifices it in attempts to gain acceptance and access into a world which is naturally destructive and hostile to other cultures

i have always believed that black people are naturally spiritual...my black religion/spirituality classes only reinforced that...not that i thinkother groups are or aren't...i'm sure most are...

we are naturally spiritual and community oriented...it takes a village...
smh.gif

Once again Haze comes THROUGH. I'm sitting here actually applauding this youtube video. Amazing. Thats what it is to be white. So True, to stand on someoneelses land and say your standing on your own. SO TRUE

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

I worded that poorly, my mistake.

I feel that the blame that's being placed on us white people, is unwarranted.

Maybe you're only blaming certain white people, I don't know.

I don't have some grand image of what one should be, I see people as people, if that makes sense.

I don't expect a person of a different ethnic background to speak/act/etc like me, because quite frankly, they aren't like me.

If I'm misunderstanding something, please enlighten me.
the thing is that black people feel a majority of white people are oblivious to most of their ignorant actions. for instance:

- when a white lady clutches here purse when a brotha walks by
- white people seem to become hyper alert when black people walk near them.
- when we see that look in white people's eye of a lack of respect.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

jerryjones wrote:
i especially like the parts were the brotha discusses the detrimental effects of trying to assimilate and be accepted into a hostile culture and the adverse psychological and spiritual problems one is likely to experience when he neglects his own cultural self and sacrifices it in attempts to gain acceptance and access into a world which is naturally destructive and hostile to other cultures
i have always believed that black people are naturally spiritual...my black religion/spirituality classes only reinforced that...not that i think other groups are or aren't...i'm sure most are...

we are naturally spiritual and community oriented...it takes a village...
smh.gif

This is a big reason why as a black male I can't too much rock with christianity....thats the religion of the slave master (imo)

Back
Top Bottom