Someone hit my parked car in my Apartment parking lot a few days ago...

Originally Posted by gusyouout

That sucks. Someone hit my bro's acura a month or two ago and took off in a parking lot. Definitely an suv or truck, but no security cameras to help find the person. The damage is still there, but just gotta deal with it now. Don't really want insurance going up so I'm gonna help bang the hood out a little and put some repair paint over it since we have it. Then the headlight will probably be replaced in the future. Still functional, but will need to be replaced sooner or later.
UHM his insurance will not go up if it is a hit or run or not his fault

^^^ that is not an accurate statement claim frequency is also how we rate policies so this loss might not effect premium, but say he has another accident then both could count.

I really dont undertsand what your saying but i think i got it..

Insuarance said the car is worth $2600 and you only owe $500 right? So how will you owe $600 when said and done?

Also you can keep your totaled car if your insurance company total it out. Just ask them about keeping the wreck car, usually they will for a few hundred dollars or so

If you have new tires deck and leather interior then part it out. Sell the tires sell the deck and interior. Thats about 1k their

I bought the car for $5000. Ive paid $3500 on it so far. I owe $1500 on the car. They said its worth $2600 so take away the $1500 I owe on it id be left with $1100. They told me I have to pay the $500 deductible so take that away from the $1100 and id be left with $600 when everythings said and done. I dont have another car payment till Dec 14th and my insurance is paid till the 1st of Jan so im going to hold off till early December on finalizing this whole situation. Im going to ask for more money and let them know about the tires and deck and in the mean time im going to try and find cars similar to mine and show them what they go for and that my mileage is really low. Also they told me when they totaled it out they have to come and pick up the car. Can I legally keep it if I want or do they have the right to take it? The car I have is a 1992 Lincoln Towncar. Nothing fancy or anything but I only drive Lincolns and I loved this car. Its my 5th Lincoln and 3rd Towncar. The car had one previous owner which was an older couple who drove the car on weekends only. The paint looks brand new, the leather is perfect with no wear or tear, and the carpets were spotless. The car only has 97,000 miles and is almost 20 years old. My last Towncar was a 97 with same mileage but no Deck and old tires and I sold it for $4800 cash.

Back
Top Bottom