someone defend their loyalty to weak teams? Vol. warriors

The warriors have one of the most loyal fans across the nation, across any sport..
why do you continue to be loyal to an establishment that is not loyal to you?

being a fan of a team goes passed players and coaches, but it also goes to management as well.
if the management continues to fail to make the right moves to bring in the right players/coaches
why do you continue to support them?

They're obviously not loyal to you because if they were..
then they would make moves that would allow the team to compete. but instead they
give max deals to the likes of murphy biedrins, and let go prime gilbert, j rich, b davis etc.

someone help me understand why you would continue to be loyal to the warriors/or other weak establishments
when the establishment is not loyal to you?

The warriors have one of the most loyal fans across the nation, across any sport..
why do you continue to be loyal to an establishment that is not loyal to you?

being a fan of a team goes passed players and coaches, but it also goes to management as well.
if the management continues to fail to make the right moves to bring in the right players/coaches
why do you continue to support them?

They're obviously not loyal to you because if they were..
then they would make moves that would allow the team to compete. but instead they
give max deals to the likes of murphy biedrins, and let go prime gilbert, j rich, b davis etc.

someone help me understand why you would continue to be loyal to the warriors/or other weak establishments
when the establishment is not loyal to you?

Management isn't out to screw the fans, they just suck at what they do. Luckily, I'm not a fan of management. I'm a fan of the game of basketball and the Warriors are my home team. No matter what they do/don't do, I see no reason to root for a different team just because my team isn't winning. That's some Noble Kane type $+%*.

Can't really explain it better than 'they're MY team."

Management isn't out to screw the fans, they just suck at what they do. Luckily, I'm not a fan of management. I'm a fan of the game of basketball and the Warriors are my home team. No matter what they do/don't do, I see no reason to root for a different team just because my team isn't winning. That's some Noble Kane type $+%*.

^^ all the above pretty much said it.  Like What Up said, i dont think management is out to screw us, they were just beyond HORRIBLE over the years.  Born and raised in The City so this is the hometown team.  That's pretty much what it is.

^^ all the above pretty much said it.  Like What Up said, i dont think management is out to screw us, they were just beyond HORRIBLE over the years.  Born and raised in The City so this is the hometown team.  That's pretty much what it is.

ok..you can believe that "management isn't out to screw us" ...but what do you have to show for it?

20+ years...1 playoff appearance and 1 series won.

oracle is consistently packed...we started the playoff t-shirts.

and they don't do anything to bring pride to the fans, the city, or the players.

ok..you can believe that "management isn't out to screw us" ...but what do you have to show for it?

20+ years...1 playoff appearance and 1 series won.

oracle is consistently packed...we started the playoff t-shirts.

and they don't do anything to bring pride to the fans, the city, or the players.

i honestly think that they bring exciting players, (monta, curry, wright) just to bring in fans knowing that they won't go far in the playoffs.

spend little to no money, and take advantage of loyal fans and bring in the revenue...

i honestly think that they bring exciting players, (monta, curry, wright) just to bring in fans knowing that they won't go far in the playoffs.

spend little to no money, and take advantage of loyal fans and bring in the revenue...

What do you want us to say?

The fact that you're looking for an excuse to jump ship yet still throwing the word "we" around irks me.

Any this team does indeed spend money - you mentioned "max contracts" in your first post (even though they weren't max contracts). 

What do you want us to say?

The fact that you're looking for an excuse to jump ship yet still throwing the word "we" around irks me.

Any this team does indeed spend money - you mentioned "max contracts" in your first post (even though they weren't max contracts). 

SoHi 23 wrote:
Cause when they finally win it's that much sweeter.
co-sign.

gotta stick with the team through the good times and bad. but being fan of a bad team makes you realize who share the same passion you do. as a niner fan, i've come across a lot of people who hopped off after the golden years and the ones who stuck with us with the present inferiority of the alex smith era.

SoHi 23 wrote:
Cause when they finally win it's that much sweeter.
co-sign.

gotta stick with the team through the good times and bad. but being fan of a bad team makes you realize who share the same passion you do. as a niner fan, i've come across a lot of people who hopped off after the golden years and the ones who stuck with us with the present inferiority of the alex smith era.

Originally Posted by What up

co-sign.

co-sign.

Originally Posted by acidicality

co-sign.
I guess when you grew up with a team there is a certain Nostalgia attached to them. No matter how much they lose I just can't ever root against them.

Originally Posted by acidicality

co-sign.
I guess when you grew up with a team there is a certain Nostalgia attached to them. No matter how much they lose I just can't ever root against them.

--Being a Laker and Charger fan, I genuinely know what it feels like to win and lose.

--The Chargers arent necessarily weak per se, but they are a bunch of chokers.
--Gotta support em win or lose though.
--Rivers is Top 5 QB right now IMO though.

--Being a Laker and Charger fan, I genuinely know what it feels like to win and lose.

--The Chargers arent necessarily weak per se, but they are a bunch of chokers.
--Gotta support em win or lose though.
--Rivers is Top 5 QB right now IMO though.

Some good comments in here which I agree with.

I been a fan of the Wolves since '89 so I know what it's like.

I also don't fall into "rules" of being a fan or a follower though. Today's rules are much different than last generations.

Back
Top Bottom