someone convince me that fabolous is a good rapper.

Everyone gonna tell you to check his mixtapes. Which will not answer a damn thing for you. Fab is a middle of the pack rapper, who found himself a formula to sucker followers into keeping him relevant. He rides the wave of the moment, mimics himself a few singles so the ladies cop his album, and puts out some bangin street anthems surrounded by 80% "checkdown bars" on his mixtapes. With all that said, unless your into corny punchlines, and being reminded of why ny hip hop became so garbage all there is for you is soultape 1, and 2. Straight flames. Other than that you just digging into a very forgettable career

and the way he spits is monotone, no charisma.

That is how Wayne was able to do what he did for so long and outshine cats like fab! Just being versatile and edgy. Fab has punch lines but not as entertaining.

Most rappers are monotonous and lack versatility except Wayne, kanye, Jody high roller, etc. Folks like to be entertained more than listen to dry monotonous punch lines.

I'm still tryna figure out how jay z was able to avoid this same fate being that he is super monotonous.

when he wants to be honest about his life, he is so good. he speaks on the fallout with his BM before the love and hip hop show. He is just afraid to step away from his baller/ladies man image

This has a lot to do with it. He lacks substance for the most part, but when he actually has something to say and isn't just rhyming words he is good. I can't think of a single track of his where he was honest that was wack. Only issue is he's been around about 15 years and probably has around 20 tracks with substance give or take.

That is how Wayne was able to do what he did for so long and outshine cats like fab! Just being versatile and edgy. Fab has punch lines but not as entertaining.

Most rappers are monotonous and lack versatility except Wayne, kanye, Jody high roller, etc. Folks like to be entertained more than listen to dry monotonous punch lines.

I'm still tryna figure out how jay z was able to avoid this same fate being that he is super monotonous.

As I said in my last post. Substance. When you have the lyrical talent Jay has people gonna listen, but lyrics that aint about **** aint gonna amount to ****.

Jay-Z isn't monotonous, he uses voice inflection and difference cadences and flows.

You listed Wayne as having versatility? Was that a joke?

Yea...jay verse on the song "honey" from best of both worlds lol

Fabs mixtapes aint that bad i guess.

Drake > fabolous

He fell off lately tho..seems like he just trying to follow current trends instead of doing him

Jay-Z isn't monotonous, he uses voice inflection and difference cadences and flows.

Why would that be a joke? Wayne is more versatile than Hov, he can hop on pretty much any track. Don't get me wrong I think he sucks for the most part too, but the way you dudes deny facts just be having yall sounding idiotic.

Listen to Soul Tape 2... You will forget its Fab... Then he will drop this album sometime this year and you will remember why you continued to stoneface fam for all these years.

I was a huge Fab fam growing up but dude consistently let me down with the albums, this soul TAPE 2 is the only thing that has me checking for fam AT ALL.

Why would that be a joke? Wayne is more versatile than Hov, he can hop on pretty much any track. Don't get me wrong I think he sucks for the most part too, but the way you dudes deny facts just be having yall sounding idiotic.

You need to look up the definition of "facts".

Lol this!

I was going to respond until I saw your reply but for the most part jay is monotonous. Yeah sure every once in a while he will change his tone but its not drastic. One song I can think of is "99 probs" but other than that how many?

Big was more versatile than jay and Wayne has numerous songs where he changes up but stayed relevant whether you liked him or not.

I seriously feel like that's the only reason Wayne was able to outlast his competition for so long. He talked about the same crap but he appealed to so many diff demographics. Cat was singing, auto tuning, guitar, suicidal raps, skateboarding, thug, queer, etc etc he was walking entertainment and got attention just off the "what next" hype alone.

As hard as the carter 1/2 were, he knew he wouldn't get this far off that flow alone.

And for as long as I can remember; fab has always been better on his mix tapes and especially features than his albums.

Last edited:
As I said in numerous debates throughout the years, dude been in the game damn near 15 years and aint even Top 10, its a shame. He shouldve been on point with Nas, Jay, Lupe & Kayne by now but

1.Fab doesnt rap about his past or storytells
2.Doesnt rap about anything deep
3.Doesnt rap about any current issues/politics/racism
4.Doesnt have ANY classic material

Hes just corny in my eyes. Those little one liners aint gonna do it if hes tryna be in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
Listen to this mixtape from beginning to end then tell me Fab is not a "good rapper". Dude can't make a solid album to save his life but the boy is nice with his feature and mixtape flows!

View media item 553009

As I said in numerous debates throughout the years, dude been in the game damn near 15 years and aint even Top 10, its a shame. He shouldve been on point with Nas, Jay, Lupe & Kayne by now but

1.Fab doesnt rap about his past or storytells
2.Doesnt rap about anything deep
3.Doesnt rap about any current issues/politics/racism
4.Doesnt have ANY classic material

Hes just corny in my eyes. Those little one liners aint gonna do it if hes tryna be in the Hall of Fame.

Pretty much sums it up.

People can't connect with Fab's music because it's completely void of any type of emotion.

There is No Competition 2 is his best Work mixtape classic....fab got killer bars y'all cats be sleepin

Back
Top Bottom