* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

I'm not sure if Nike is conceding but it sounds like they have an idea of what they're willing to pay for these kit deals so that they remain profitable & won't deviate from whatever that price point is. During the 10 year period, Adidas will have to gross a billion Euros plus the cost of production & marketing to break even. That's a tall order.

I'm not sure if Nike is conceding but it sounds like they have an idea of what they're willing to pay for these kit deals so that they remain profitable & won't deviate from whatever that price point is. During the 10 year period, Adidas will have to gross a billion Euros plus the cost of production & marketing to break even. That's a tall order.
I say more power to them. Gotta draw a line at some point. I blame it on the era of Arab ownerships and sponsorships, providing some clubs with unlimited checkbooks. It says a lot when even Chelsea and Real Madrid aren't even considered the biggest spenders in the game anymore. We seen how in less than 10 years, Barcelona went from the symbol of the unsponsored to the ad space of the next big thing. Clubs have used their sponsorships to try to help keep up. I do however find it interesting that adidas balked when Liverpool wanted $25M per and now they jumped to $100M for United- a number doubling what they pay RM. And each of Adidas's existing major clubs are already tied up through the rest of the decade (RM and Bayern - through 2020, Chelsea and Milan - 2023). I wonder how soon those clubs try to renegotiate. 

Last edited:
I do however find it interesting that adidas balked when Liverpool wanted $25M per and now they jumped to $100M for United- a number doubling what they pay RM. And each of Adidas's existing major clubs are already tied up through the rest of the decade (RM and Bayern - through 2020, Chelsea and Milan - 2023). I wonder how soon those clubs try to renegotiate.

At the time of the Liverpool deal ending, the Reds were mired in mediocrity & absent from European competition. I don't think it was worth the money they may have been seeking at the time.

I also think John Henry & Tom Werner, principle owners of the Reds (who also own the Boston Red Sox) had a hand in the team signing on with Warrior which is a subsidiary of New Balance, a Boston based company.

As far as other clubs wanting to renegotiate, they can forget it. Those agreements are iron clad. They will just have to wait until their current deals expire. It's the price you pay for signing long term contracts and/or not inserting clauses that allow for bigger payouts if the team has a lot of success during that period & if their market share increases.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to an adidas Juve kit, I like what Adidas does with stripes. Think it'll look something like this

View media item 1082061

Not looking forward to see the three stripes running along the shoulder of other clubs like United. That should just be kept solid.

Nike will for sure have to make a power play within the next couple years, just have to wait until one of the big adidas clubs run out their contract. Like psk said, those contracts are iron clad. If United got this much money, I can't imagine what Real will get 4 years from now - But Nike better pony up.

Last edited:
A better pic of the dragon on the Real Madrid 3rd kit

Real-Madrid-14-15-Third-Kit-1.jpg

New Nike Ordem balls for Serie A, La Liga, & The Prem.

Nike, the official ball supplier to three of the biggest leagues in Europe — Barclays Premier League, Serie A TIM and La Liga BBVA — has unveiled the new Ordem football for the start of the new season. It is Nike’s most innovative, technologically advanced and aerodynamically tuned ball to date.

In a game that’s more physically and technically demanding, the Nike Ordem football allows players to take control of the game knowing the ball will stay true.

Built for the next generation of footballers, the Nike Ordem offers optimal touch with new fuse-welded panels, unprecedented flight control with new aerodynamic NIKE AEROW TRAC grooves and maximum visibility with Nike RaDaR technology to help see the ball quicker.

The Nike Ordem ball is designed and engineered for a highly sensitive feel and explosive response off the foot. The ball consists of 12 fuse-welded panels in a three-layer casing system, and a poly-blend wrapped, free-floating carbon latex bladder.

The Nike Ordem features NIKE AEROW TRAC grooves, Nike Football’s newest proprietary innovation. The grooves are engineered to grip and channel the air to produce the truest trajectory and most consistent flight, which help ensure stability and accuracy in mid-air.

The surface of the Nike Ordem is emblazoned with Nike’s RaDaR (Rapid Decision and Response) technology. This is a graphic pattern, unique to each league, which creates a flickering effect as the ball rotates. RaDaR makes it easier for players to see the ball in their peripheral vision, allowing for faster reactions and decision-making.

The Nike Ordem ball for the Barclays Premier League, La Liga BBVA and Serie A TIM will be available at nike.com and in store from July 17.

View media item 1083564View media item 1083565View media item 1083566View media item 1083567

They ship to the US? :nerd:

Yes they do @JJ Watt. My son wanted an Ibra shirt after getting on the honor roll. The PSG site was the only one that had kids sizes I could find. I kinda waited until one day I saw they had a sale, offered free name set, & free world wide shipping. I had to create a logon & once I ordered it, the shirt came within a week's time.

NDC has the stadium version of the new navy ones...oh a Zlatan on the ads for Nike FC's new "Paris" collection :smokin

Nike paris or Givenchy...not sure
laugh.gif
but i love the black t-shirt with the stars

Any know where i can grab a 14/15 roma Totti Jersey.  i was going to just customize one from world soccer shop but not sure if they will use stock lettering or what.  I kinda want an official with the correct Font

Nike paris or Givenchy...not sure
laugh.gif
but i love the black t-shirt with the stars

Any know where i can grab a 14/15 roma Totti Jersey.  i was going to just customize one from world soccer shop but not sure if they will use stock lettering or what.  I kinda want an official with the correct Font
Best to try the Roma store directly. They ship to the US. I don't think any of the US stores carry Roma's type font. 

Back
Top Bottom