** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2012 **

Mesut Özil DID NOT extended his contract last year with Nike.He is now to try different brands and was already spotted in adidas.

Danny Welbeck was also spotted in adidas.

http://www.soccerbible.com/news/general/archive/2012/08/08/shock-brand-transfers-top-10.aspx

With the likes of Aleksandar Kolarov and Romelu Lukaku switching brands for the new season, along with Mesut Ozil, Danny Welbeck and Thomas Vermaelen threatening to do so, we thought we'd take a look at ten shock brand transfers that have shook the boot world!

Mesut Özil DID NOT extended his contract last year with Nike.He is now to try different brands and was already spotted in adidas.
Danny Welbeck was also spotted in adidas.

http://www.soccerbible.com/news/general/archive/2012/08/08/shock-brand-transfers-top-10.aspx

With the likes of Aleksandar Kolarov and Romelu Lukaku switching brands for the new season, along with Mesut Ozil, Danny Welbeck and Thomas Vermaelen threatening to do so, we thought we'd take a look at ten shock brand transfers that have shook the boot world!
I wish Nike did more with Mesut Özil. I had to go to friggin Germany to get a Nike Özil shirt.

assou-ekotto at it again this year, although he is wearing predators on both feet (his right foot is basically useless and he had worn an adizero on the right, and a predator on his left foot late last season)....

Hey guys, thinking about picking up a few jerseys. Question on the sizing.
If I wear a medium in tees, what size jersey should I get in Nike/adidas/umbro.
I'm asking so I don't have to deal with the hassle of returning things if they don't fit right and assuming each company has their measurements

I'm asking so I don't have to deal with the hassle of returning things if they don't fit right and assuming each company has their measurements

as long as it isn't an authentic I stick to my normal shirt size throughout all the brands.

Last edited:

I've always found Adidas jerseys to fit noticeably larger than Nike.

I just compared a couple of jerseys in my closet and an Adidas XL is two inches longer in length and almost three inches longer at the sleeve (long sleeve) than a Nike XL.

Last edited:
I've always found Adidas jerseys to fit noticeably larger than Nike.
I just compared a couple of jerseys in my closet and an Adidas XL is two inches longer in length and almost three inches longer at the sleeve (long sleeve) than a Nike XL.
I've found it to be a crapshoot of late, it seems that every year the jerseys get smaller/more fitted so it changes constantly.  I used to be a comfy medium in adidas, but I doubt I can buy a medium confidently anymore.  I just avoid adidas straight-up now because I'm unsure about the sizing and I'm not a fan of their quality either.

As for Nike, large fits me nicely usually.  It helps to be able to try some on in a store because there's also some differences between individual jerseys in the same size.

And Umbro runs by a chest size number system, so if you google "Umbro England Size Chart," you'll find a conversion chart.  I like a 42 personally.

some pics from siamboots - nothing really new here, except i had no idea that the adidas pathique even existed (it's exclusive to asia)....

i can't figure out what they are (i'm watching a replay of the game now), but inter's fredy guarin has been wearing a blackout pair of nike boots the past couple games. he had worn the maestri III previously. any ideas?

^^^^^new Legends? its hard to tell.

Riphamilton: what are those Nike boots you posted up there? i know they say mercurial, but they dont look like vapors

nice pickups Tego. how do you like the size that you ended up going with? in the end its really preference and how you like them to fit.

nice pickups Tego. how do you like the size that you ended up going with? in the end its really preference and how you like them to fit.

based on the bottom i'd say it's the mercurial glide. however i'm unsure if that's a new cw or a custom or what. it's sick though

any tips for blisters on your big toe? i guess i need to get out a play more since my callous seems to have softened up, but even with double socks and tape on the insole i got blisters from my new vapors. probably just need to be broken in, no?

Congratulations Nike, you're destroying a tradition in soccer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2197508/Nike-replace-Umbro-England-kits.html

American sportswear giant Nike will be the new official kit provider for the England football team.

As revealed by Sportsmail, Nike will launch a new England strip as next spring as the Football Association marks its 150th anniversary.

The new kit will be released just a year after the current version went on sale, which in turn replaced one used for just eight games.

Congratulations Nike, you're destroying a tradition in soccer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2197508/Nike-replace-Umbro-England-kits.html

[SIZE=1.2em]American sportswear giant Nike will be the new official kit provider for the England football team.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1.2em]As revealed by Sportsmail, Nike will launch a new England strip as next spring as the Football Association marks its 150th anniversary.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1.2em]The new kit will be released just a year after the current version went on sale, which in turn replaced one used for just eight games.[/SIZE]

well they are trying to sell off Umbro. Nike is just converting all of Umbro's premier licenses to their stable. Nike did it with Man City as well.

As long as you're happy with the size its all good. I don't like mine big at all so I always roll with a M (i'm 5'10 155) I used to buy larges until i realized how big they actually were on me. I like to wear mine on the snugger side but not like a wet suit ya know. Get some namesets on there now! :tongue:

Pretty much what i figured, Nike would absorb all the Umbro brands into Nike before selling it off :pimp:

Hostile Take Over :pimp: :pimp:

nas-mask.gif

Pretty much what i figured, Nike would absorb all the Umbro brands into Nike before selling it off
pimp.gif

Hostile Take Over
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

But unfortunately Umbro is one of the best kit makers out there.  
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Umbro kits have felt consistently great since the "Tailored by Umbro" thing came out a few years back, materials are top-notch.  And their numbered sizing system is perfect for everybody.

It's unfortunate because they were low-key doing the most things right out of any kit maker. 
ohwell.gif

^^^^^new Legends? its hard to tell.
Riphamilton: what are those Nike boots you posted up there? i know they say mercurial, but they dont look like vapors

those are the CR7 colorway of the vapors that should be released right before the holidays. i guess the heart with the X through it is his personal new logo?

i can't believe nike is taking england from umbro!!!!

those are the CR7 colorway of the vapors that should be released right before the holidays. i guess the heart with the X through it is his personal new logo?
i can't believe nike is taking england from umbro!!!!

Nice, I kinda like them. I was saying that what Guarin was wearing might be Legends. They dont look like vapors.

Nice, I kinda like them. I was saying that what Guarin was wearing might be Legends. They dont look like vapors.

ohhhh gotchya.... yeah i still have no idea about what he was wearing. the soleplate makes me think legends, but it kinda/sorta looks like the lacing system is slanted towards the medial side of his foot, which the CTR does.

has anybody here actually played in the new maestri's yet? i should be all set with boots for the first half of this season, but i'm wondering if i should try to pick up one last pair of maestri ii elite's from ebay before they all disappear (the best boot i've ever worn).

Back
Top Bottom