soccer aficionados! ronaldo vs ronaldo vs ronaldinho?

If you think about.. Ronaldo was a pure striker, not exactly a midfielder like R10 or CR9. Having said that, Ronaldinho in his prime was definitely up therewith what CR9 is now, pass, score and make people look silly at the same time.

And yes there is only one Ronaldo!

ronaldo was the best. possibly best forward of all time. never missed a breakaway. not like forwards nowadays. smh at messi & villa & torres.

^ cant compare level of play 10 years ago to level of play 30-50 years ago. not to mention id say ronaldo was a little bit more explosive than pele was.

There's no way to determine who was better out of the three.

Ronaldo in his prime was the best goal scorer on the planet. However he had a ton of injury problems and was never able to win the UCL.

Ronaldinho has won everything and he simply lost motivation over the past few years.

C. Ronaldo has been top 2-3 in the world for about 3 years now and has won everything at the club level. However he'll never win a European title or WorldCup because Portugal isn't good enough.

C. Ronaldo probably has more upside than the other 2 because he's peaked at a very young age and remains very motivated. When it's all said and done,he can be a top 5 player in the world for almost a decade (Ronaldo was dominant for short spells of time, Ronaldinho was dominant for about 3 yrs).

lol ronaldo did win the UCL.......clapping on the side line when Milan won it in 07
tongue.gif

I think is unfair to say when all 3 are still playing and C Ronaldo has plenty of years left to go, he might win alot more things still except a world cup Ijust dont see the supporting cast there in Portugal, unlike Brazil. If I had to vote right now I'll go with Cristiano Ronaldo

Originally Posted by bossjulio

^ cant compare level of play 10 years ago to level of play 30-50 years ago. not to mention id say ronaldo was a little bit more explosive than pele was.

so in order to be one of the best strikers ever you have to have played within the last 15 years? come on dude.

Play different roles..

Ronaldo in his prime was probably a little bit better than Ronaldinho in his prime. Cristiano hasn't really reached his prime, but is appoaching - he is talented but I cant stand him.

Ronaldo de Lima > Ronaldinho Gaucho > CR9

Currently, Messi > CR9 = Kaka.

Thank you! As of right now, Ronaldo is the best out of all three (keep in mind, they play different positions). One thing I can't understand is how peoplewant to put C.Ronaldo over Ronaldinho when C.Ronaldo has not achieved what Dinho accomplished through this career and has yet to accomplish. Also Ronaldinhohas probably won almost every single award a player could desire. Sure, C.Ronaldo may be more effective than Dinho right now but we cannot have a discussionon who's better between the two because C.Ronaldo is barely reaching his prime right now. Everything will depend on what Ronaldo accomplishes on RealMadrid and even then, all the credit won't be all his because he's on a team that has Kaka, Benzema, Raul, etc. I think C.Ronaldo has a long way to goto be put over Ronaldinho and let's not even mention being in Ronaldo's status. If any one wants to argue "Yeah, but C.Ronaldo is better right nowthan those two players!" Then keep in mind that you're comparing someone who is reaching his prime against two players that are past their prime (yet,they're proving to be effective to their respective teams).

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Originally Posted by bossjulio

so in order to be one of the best strikers ever you have to have played within the last 15 years? come on dude.

that's just my opinion. hv u ever sat and watched videos of brazil in the 70 wc? it looks like a game of possesion or a passing drill. they recieve nodefensive pressure they don't attack often at all. then watch brazil in 02. so much diffrent. it just goes to show how much better athletes r today thenthey used to be.

I think it is also safe to say that CR9 is more marketable than Kaka - which probably shows why his jersey sales are outnumbering Kaka.

I guess it could come down to their respective former clubs which I think Manchester United is a bit more popular than AC Milan. However in the national teamsagain CR9 is more in the spotlight, as he is on his on - with Brazil you have too many stars, Robinho, Ronaldinho etc..

Anyways, its getting crazy how young these players are, Mess is 22 and CR9 is 24 and already one has won the Balon d'Or and the other is on verge of it.However World Cup wise, niether has completed it. I just wonder how long these players can maintain their form, Messi has another 10 years easy ahead of himand CR9 probably the same.

Kaka is a non-traditional Brazilian, I liken him to Roger Federer.. steady as a *@*#$!%+!$#

Back
Top Bottom