So, would YOU like to be a fan of a team like the Florida Marlins??

I mean would you want your team to be like these guys? They have won the championship 2 times sine 96, alot more than other teams can say.
The problem is, they run the fire sale right after that and change the entire team. It has worked once and it will work again. The team they have
right now will win the championship in 2-3 years, believe that. The problem is, they will probably ship everyone out and start over.
You know what is crazy, the whole Marlins team salary is going to be at about 10 million next year
eek.gif
. Half the people in the damn league make
over that in 1 year(OK i exaggurated, but still
eek.gif
). Seriously,you can make 50 million alone off of radio/T.V./revenue sharing.

Would you guys rather root for a team like the Marlins or a team that cant win but is actually trying to sign people(like the Cubs or something)?

I know what the people in Florida think LOL

8fb7cpx.jpg

^holy crap that's during a regular-season game?

i dont blame the fans though...what the franchise does is ridiculous...but if the fans aren't coming to support then how can they go and get qualityplayers?

Yep that's during a regular season game. Of course though, you can't blame the fans because theyll just ship the players out right after they when theWS

eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ that attendance...there's seriously 47 people there.
laugh.gif

As a fan I'd be pissed...there's no reason they should be such a rollercoaster team when they can legitimately compete with just a few moves eachoffseason from management.

Then again -- the winning method has worked in spurts, and if they keep payroll ridiculously low on the down years, maybe the plan is working.

Man, I'd come outta that place with like 47 foul balls, I'm not even kidding.
laugh.gif

Damn bro.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Us Knicks fans need to organize something like that at the Garden to send Dolan a message.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Too bad that can never work out in NYC and MSG but if we did, Dolan would know we want changes and we aint ##$+#%@ around

Originally Posted by CP1708

Man, I'd come outta that place with like 47 foul balls, I'm not even kidding.
laugh.gif

People stopped going after foul balls

that cant be a reg season game...it is impossible...maybe a preseason game...MAYBE

that just doesnt seem rite...a small crowd for a game is like 15 k people

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

that cant be a reg season game...it is impossible...maybe a preseason game...MAYBE

It was a regular season game last year. No joke

IT'S HARD, BUT WE CHEER FOR THEM REGARDLESS, YOU GUYS WHO ARE FANS OF TEAMS LIKE BOSTON, NY, CHICAGO, L.A, ATL, STL, AND ETC SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR HAVINGOWNERSHIP THAT ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT BASEBALL

I'd love it. Every year you get surprised and damnnnnnnnn at that avy. Anyways it would be fun seeing young talent come up and win a world series andbeating teams that buy their teams. I definitely wish the Giants did something like that instead of buying a bunch of old washed up bums.

Originally Posted by zoomlito

IT'S HARD, BUT WE CHEER FOR THEM REGARDLESS, YOU GUYS WHO ARE FANS OF TEAMS LIKE BOSTON, NY, CHICAGO, L.A, ATL, STL, AND ETC SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR HAVING OWNERSHIP THAT ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT BASEBALL

I'd be salty if I were a fan of the Marlins, but those cities all have fanbases who care about the teams too, good or bad. Chicago and Boston sellouteven when the teams are bad. I wouldn't expect a sellout for all Marlins games but the support they get when they are decent is pitiful.

Originally Posted by zoomlito

IT'S HARD, BUT WE CHEER FOR THEM REGARDLESS, YOU GUYS WHO ARE FANS OF TEAMS LIKE BOSTON, NY, CHICAGO, L.A, ATL, STL, AND ETC SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR HAVING OWNERSHIP THAT ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT BASEBALL

Yeah when they are winning.

it's hard to be a fan of a team who trades 24 year old for 'young talent'. being that marlins don't spend any money, they are the mostprofitable team in baseball. with all the revenue sharing that they get, they made more money than everybody else last year.

if the ownership cannot afford to pay players, then they must relinquish the team. it's embarrassing. i have no idea why selig allows this to continue, itjust makes the league look stupid. i'm sure if the marlins could have a 10$ payroll, they would trot them out there to play.

Wait until we get the new ballpark, things will change for the Marlins....

to the owners, it is purely a business venture. just enough source of income. they do what they do to make that profit and they're doing it......

i hate owners like that. but it's two-fold as well...if the city isn;t passionate, then this kind of thing will happen. there'd be a near riot her einBoston is there ever was an owner like that for the Red Sox.... same can be said for NY and Philly

Originally Posted by 745i

No it wont, they plan on moving to the Orange Bowl, who the hell wants to take a family to Little Havana? Or even if they moved to downtown, nobodywants to go down there with traffic and one wrong turn you'll be in Overtown. They should move to West Broward County, so much land there, instead ofpeople building homes nobody is gonna buy.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by 745i

No it wont, they plan on moving to the Orange Bowl, who the hell wants to take a family to Little Havana? Or even if they moved to downtown, nobody wants to go down there with traffic and one wrong turn you'll be in Overtown. They should move to West Broward County, so much land there, instead of people building homes nobody is gonna buy.

Yup

Most of the fans dont care enough to go to the games. Its kind of a catch 22 you need the fans to show up for revenue to keep the players, but the fans wantplayers to show up for. I think theyre GM is great the dude always gets good talent at a good price but hes working with handcuffs. I always hate when thepresident of the Marlins David Sampson is always talking down to the fans. In 3 years they will contend again and then get traded away. Until they get a newstadium the cycle will continue.

Man i remember going to the 1st game ever for the Marlins against the Dodgers and i STILL wear the shirt i bought at the ballpark proudly. Idk how its lastedso many years though lol. Man it sucks that every time we come up big on players we can never afford to keep them in the long run. Problem is our fan basereally sucks. i don't even go to the Marlins game but thats just cause i work full time and school full time. We honestly need a new stadium cause thatsthe only way were going to survive in this town. But remember, this is the same management that traded away Mike Lowell and Josh Beckett and received"prospects", one of them being Hanley Ramirez. So i think they can evaluate talent and get the maximum out of this trade with the Tigers. Oh and onething i HATED the owner for was getting into all these useless egotistical fights with Joe Girardi. Remember he was the manager that gave the Marlins a chancewhen nobody thought they would amount to anything and have 100+ losses. GO MARLINS!

no team that's been in existence less than 15 years should be allowed to win a world series, they have two titles and zero fans, total waste... of coursethis is coming from a lifelong Giants fan, dang...

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Spring Training or "preseason" games aren't played at home ballparks.

eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ that attendance...there's seriously 47 people there.
laugh.gif

wrong. you can't see the section behind home plate...there's gotta be at least 20 more people there.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom