So, why is GM big oversized SUV’s so darn expensive?

They are outpacing inflation and material price increases by factors of ten. What are you talking about. Yes cars should be more expensive but not 500% as expensive as they were 20 years ago
You're forgetting tech r&d.

Also from a quick inflation calculator online, $25k back then is around $38k today, base tahoe according to google now is $49k, but there are significant safety and technology features that even the higher end models back then would not have.

It really is crazy. 65 for like baseish Tahoe

My wife is about due and I hafta keep steering her off that path.

But yes ALL cars are 150% overpriced.

We went and looked at a KIA.... a Telluride. They wanted 42k MSRP... for a GD KIA I was sick. When I saw that TRX video yesterday it was decided we jus gunna be a double truck fam. What I look like buying a KIA when I could get like an 18 F150 Lariat for the same money

Telluride is fire though. $42 for a loaded one aint bad.

Y'all late to the game. They been paying big money for truck and suvs in Texas. There were outfitters that would take fully optioned vehicle and add $50k in additional stuff. Wives of Oil executives and cancer doctors are pushing nice rigs.

When I was a kid, I used to think that cars and trucks were cheap. Even the most basic full-size trucks cost $30K. Fully loaded F150s and Rams cost $60k. The crazy part is that regular people buy them like hot cakes. Ford pretty much stopped making cars, they focus almost exclusively on trucks and SUVs now. The average car loan is now over 60 months, people will rationalize any purchase man.

Last edited:
Y'all late to the game. They been paying big money for truck and suvs in Texas. There were outfitters that would take fully optioned vehicle and add $50k in additional stuff. Wives of Oil executives and cancer doctors are pushing nice rigs.
Texas Limos :lol:

Tech has definitely been a big contributor to increased vehicle prices, justified or not. The trims without all the fancy tech usually are a decent amount less than those with it.

It's because a car is a hunk if metal .. not even in alot of cases with a bunch of tech... that depreciates the moment you sign for it

Why should it cost half the price of a decent condo? At their current prices they're a foolish buy for ANYONE. Even if your household income is over 300k a year it's a bad Investment.

I say that while driving a 50k truck tho... absolutely a horrible investment but it makes me happy and is pivotal to how our family moves.

*shrugs*

Huge Hypocrite tho cuz I'm copping that TRX Ram haha and I gaurntee its gunna be around 80k

Ya aint even talk about the ****** gas mileage these ‘merican cars have. Mah eff that.

and yeah to repeat what ya said car prices now a days are way to high. Considering the vast options, better quality and the competition being an all time high.

even the used car market can be obnoxious. But i may never buy a new car. I may stay on the low-mileage preowned wave for a long time.

Duh. They paying for them with Tik Tok money. The world is expensive. THE END!
Nothing’s cheap or free out here. Especially if you’ve reached a certain age and understand.

not to mention, we are in the age of narcissism and extreme vanity

I don't see the issue.

Is it because it's not a "foreign"?
With that being said, imagine how much they cost overseas. :wow: Pulling up in an F150 in Europe is some baller ****! But I think a lot of people are looking at the number freaking out, forgetting about inflation.

It's because a car is a hunk if metal .. not even in alot of cases with a bunch of tech... that depreciates the moment you sign for it

Why should it cost half the price of a decent condo? At their current prices they're a foolish buy for ANYONE. Even if your household income is over 300k a year it's a bad Investment.

I say that while driving a 50k truck tho... absolutely a horrible investment but it makes me happy and is pivotal to how our family moves.

*shrugs*

Huge Hypocrite tho cuz I'm copping that TRX Ram haha and I gaurntee its gunna be around 80k

i would like to see this condo thats under 200k please. :lol:

Word. Vehicles have been around for awhile now. Shouldn't prices be trending towards affordable?! :smh:

I'm in my 30s and I've never bought a brand new car. The last car I bought was a late model used car (I bought a 2015 car in 2016). That's definitely the way to go. You can knock a smooth 25%-30% off the price by just buying a car that's one year older.

The world is moving different..

More folks are getting it more than ever now...

Youtubers, App developers, traditional high paying jobs, generational wealth and etc....

I'm in my 30s and I've never bought a brand new car. The last car I bought was a late model used car (I bought a 2015 car in 2016). That's definitely the way to go. You can knock a smooth 25%-30% off the price by just buying a car that's one year older.
I know quite a few guys with big money, all they do is buy used high end vehicles, 1-2 years prior and save big money that way, they could easily afford a brand new one at that

The world is moving different..

More folks are getting it more than ever now...

Youtubers, App developers, traditional high paying jobs, generational wealth and etc....
The data doesn't bear that out. people are buying more and more expensive options because they're being offered longer leasing terms, not because they're making a lot more money. I remember when the longest auto loans were 60 months. Now you see people financing cars for 84 months (and sometimes longer)

Link
Screenshot_20200818-084432_Chrome.jpg

Word. Vehicles have been around for awhile now. Shouldn't prices be trending towards affordable?! :smh:

I think most don't have the mindset to live an affordable lifestyle. America has pushed the image that one must look better than his neighbor if its its sacrificing debt.

These car loan companies that are loaning these people cars are the big winners. The interest they charge alone, someone can live off of.

Even if the trend was to be affordable, those companies some way some how still want you to empty out your wallet.

I think most don't have the mindset to live an affordable lifestyle. America has pushed the image that one must look better than his neighbor if its its sacrificing debt.

These car loan companies that are loaning these people cars are the big winners. The interest they charge alone, someone can live off of.

Even if the trend was to be affordable, those companies some way some how still want you to empty out your wallet.

Exactly. It's just a cycle of constant debt in order to show off to people. People are taking longer and longer payment terms. The worst part about it is that most of these people don't even finish paying off their cars, they trade them in and take on even more debt. People literally constantly have car payments, it's nuts.

The data doesn't bear that out. people are buying more and more expensive options because they're being offered longer leasing terms, not because they're making a lot more money. I remember when the longest auto loans were 60 months. Now you see people financing cars for 84 months (and sometimes longer)

Link
Screenshot_20200818-084432_Chrome.jpg

Understandable. 8, 84 or 184 months. You still need money to buy it.

A 17 year old couldn't start a YouTube channel in 1992 and make hundreds of thousands of off it.

They're more millionaires than ever now.

Understandable. 8, 84 or 184 months. You still need money to buy it.

A 17 year old couldn't start a YouTube channel in 1992 and make hundreds of thousands of off it.

They're more millionaires than ever now.

Did you not read the article? Loan originators are offering just about anybody (people with no credit or bad credit) auto loans. It's like the auto loan equivalent of the housing crisis from a decade ago, companies are handing out loans and people keep taking them. These people don't have money.

Also, millionaires aren't leasing cars. The average millionaire drives a used car that's paid off.

Last edited:
You can spec out an Escallade esv to over 120 as well. I'd never pay that mich for a new Tahoe. They age so well, you cam catch a 08 with 200k miles for like 3 racks cash. Get another 100k miles out that *** then recycle it for 250 for metal and parts. Or get like 3 Kias
lol mans said 3 kias

Back
Top Bottom