So who saw Michael Scott's last episode last night?

I wasn't a weekly watcher of new episodes, but I have seen plenty of the re-runs on TBS and other channels that play them. It's sad to see Michael go because Carrel was flawless in the role.

Assuming the show will have a new season next year, I'll be patiently waiting for the one-episode return of Michael Scott (you just know it's bound to happen).

I wasn't a weekly watcher of new episodes, but I have seen plenty of the re-runs on TBS and other channels that play them. It's sad to see Michael go because Carrel was flawless in the role.

Assuming the show will have a new season next year, I'll be patiently waiting for the one-episode return of Michael Scott (you just know it's bound to happen).

Episode was very well done, they sent off Michael properly. A lot of emotional scenes...the letter and Pam at the end 
frown.gif

Episode was very well done, they sent off Michael properly. A lot of emotional scenes...the letter and Pam at the end 
frown.gif

As someone who has been watching the Office on and off over the past couple of years, this seemed like a great way to send Michael off. He had this surreal tranquility about him that I've never seen. Other than the Jim/Pam/Dwight scenes, my favorite one would probably be his talk with Erin. It seemed genuine and in retrospect, was the best way the last scene between them could've went imo. I was expecting a more entertaining/meaningful scene with Ryan though
laugh.gif

As someone who has been watching the Office on and off over the past couple of years, this seemed like a great way to send Michael off. He had this surreal tranquility about him that I've never seen. Other than the Jim/Pam/Dwight scenes, my favorite one would probably be his talk with Erin. It seemed genuine and in retrospect, was the best way the last scene between them could've went imo. I was expecting a more entertaining/meaningful scene with Ryan though
laugh.gif

Tough one for me.

Been down with this show for quite sometime now and it was rough seeing Michael go.

Definitely gonna be weird watching without him but I will still tune in no matter what. Just won't be the same.

If the show does go on hopefully he can make a couple appearances here and there. Heck, even just a phone call or something.

Tough one for me.

Been down with this show for quite sometime now and it was rough seeing Michael go.

Definitely gonna be weird watching without him but I will still tune in no matter what. Just won't be the same.

If the show does go on hopefully he can make a couple appearances here and there. Heck, even just a phone call or something.

The episode was very  
frown.gif
 indeed..
That was funny as hell when Creed was like "see ya boss" and he had Michael's mug lol.

One of the best TV character's ever.

The episode was very  
frown.gif
 indeed..
That was funny as hell when Creed was like "see ya boss" and he had Michael's mug lol.

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

The episode was very  
frown.gif
 indeed..

woooooooooord

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

The episode was very  
frown.gif
 indeed..

woooooooooord

Really did feel like a series finale, so sad to see him go. Ill continue to watch but imo the show started to fall off after Jim and Pam got married, Michael leaving doesnt help at all. Im a big Will Ferrell fan but Ive had enough of him on the show.

Really did feel like a series finale, so sad to see him go. Ill continue to watch but imo the show started to fall off after Jim and Pam got married, Michael leaving doesnt help at all. Im a big Will Ferrell fan but Ive had enough of him on the show.

It was very sad I cried a little I watched seasons 1-6 on Netflix in like a week and a half not too long ago so everything was fresh in my mind it was just too soon

It was very sad I cried a little I watched seasons 1-6 on Netflix in like a week and a half not too long ago so everything was fresh in my mind it was just too soon

It's ridiculous what the producers have succumb to keep the show going.

After the terrible last season Carrell knew the show has to end, because the main characters have been explored.  In an effort to keep the show going, they are actually going to attempt replacing a main character like Michael. 

I have to say I think they did a pretty good job with the transition so far, which is an accomplishment.  Ferrell has been hilarious, but I'm tired of how emotional they are trying to make this.  I did really like how they resolved Michael's insanity issue with Holly.  But the emotional good-byes I wasn't feeling.  I was suspicious of the Pam-Michael airport scene from the beginning, and I'm not usually one to have that kind of foresight.  Then they made it even more emotional by adding that whole silent convo thing. 

Apparently there are a lot of people who are connecting with it though.  So this is just my opinion but-

The revolutionary thing about the mockumentary style for me was the roundness to the characters.  How they interacted differently and that was because they were real people with multiple dimensions.  Pam and Michael have had funny scenes where Pam wanted to avoid Michael completely, and the ending they provide is where an outsider might think they have been like childhood friends or something.

It would've been cool to end on Michael leaning in to kiss Pam's cheek and them stopping himself, bringing up the times he had made moves on Pam in the past.  I donno, maybe it's just me.  It's what I hated about the Pam and Jim love-fest, and what I don't like about the Michael ending.

It's ridiculous what the producers have succumb to keep the show going.

After the terrible last season Carrell knew the show has to end, because the main characters have been explored.  In an effort to keep the show going, they are actually going to attempt replacing a main character like Michael. 

I have to say I think they did a pretty good job with the transition so far, which is an accomplishment.  Ferrell has been hilarious, but I'm tired of how emotional they are trying to make this.  I did really like how they resolved Michael's insanity issue with Holly.  But the emotional good-byes I wasn't feeling.  I was suspicious of the Pam-Michael airport scene from the beginning, and I'm not usually one to have that kind of foresight.  Then they made it even more emotional by adding that whole silent convo thing. 

Apparently there are a lot of people who are connecting with it though.  So this is just my opinion but-

The revolutionary thing about the mockumentary style for me was the roundness to the characters.  How they interacted differently and that was because they were real people with multiple dimensions.  Pam and Michael have had funny scenes where Pam wanted to avoid Michael completely, and the ending they provide is where an outsider might think they have been like childhood friends or something.

It would've been cool to end on Michael leaning in to kiss Pam's cheek and them stopping himself, bringing up the times he had made moves on Pam in the past.  I donno, maybe it's just me.  It's what I hated about the Pam and Jim love-fest, and what I don't like about the Michael ending.

Agreed 100% Mo Matik. Exactly why I've stopped watching the show and I've watched every episode including the awful season 6 and stopped mid way into what happened to turn into an even worse season 7.

Back
Top Bottom