So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by RawSheed

after tiffany dunk sbs, it was all downhill for me
this includes espos, NERD dunks...and supremes hitting well over a G.

I haven't bought a pair of new sneakers in years

So funny you bring up the Artist Series.  When the 2nd set came out (Stash BW, Nelly CB's), I waited in line at Niketown NY for about 2 hours.  Didn't get a pair.  A guy said, head over to Stussy, they have pairs.  So I hopped in a cab, went over, no lines.  Picked up both pairs (still have them today).  And these were shoes that were individually #'d to 1000 pairs.  Can you imagine what would happen with a release like this today?  I think it would be worse than the Galaxy's.
Espo's and Pharrells in 2004 were the only time I ever lined up for sneakers and that was smooth overall at NYNT...after we graduated from Penn State; I pretty much sold my entire collection though.  I don't have time to wear 50 pairs of shoes; I keep like 10 pairs I wear and if I don't I sell them.

I was in line that night too.  I got there around 2am.  I remember it was Jan 3 and freezing.  Anyway, ended up not getting either pair.  I had 2 pairs of the Stash BW's, and I traded a pair for the Espos.  Still have the Espos today as well.

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
This is the same reason I wear a pair of beat-up vans day-in, day-out now. A lot of y'all need to reevaluate your lives if you really care about a shoe this much.  No man should ever care that much for a piece of clothing, that ain't masculine b.

Exactly. Its %+@%**@ rubber and leather. It costs nike no more than 5 bucks to make a shoe and they resell it to you for 200 bucks 
roll.gif

You kids refer to this as a game oppose to it actually being a love and interest. If its your hobby it should be something you have genuine interest for it because of what the sneaker is about. Whether it being by a certain player you love, the construction and creativeness of a model, or all the latter with the history of it. All the kids now are just trend riding tools that mainstream (pretty much rap music) and the higher ups have made the image of, your not doing it in life unless you have the "freshest" pair of shoes on. Your not cool if you dont have jordans or nikes or a certain amount of sneakers. You kids are more caught up and worried about how you appear to certain groups than just worrying about more important things in life instead of how "cool" you look to others. Now i just laugh everytime i hear kids having pissing contests about what shoes they have and how they can basically just have a whole conversation about a shoe. Its hilarious and sad. 

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Dec. 9, 1999 is also the founding day of our beloved NikeTalk. But I don't think he meant NT killed it.
nerd.gif

As much as I love this place we have to admit it is part of the problem.

So funny you bring up the Artist Series.  When the 2nd set came out (Stash BW, Nelly CB's), I waited in line at Niketown NY for about 2 hours.  Didn't get a pair.  A guy said, head over to Stussy, they have pairs.  So I hopped in a cab, went over, no lines.  Picked up both pairs (still have them today).  And these were shoes that were individually #'d to 1000 pairs.  Can you imagine what would happen with a release like this today?  I think it would be worse than the Galaxy's.

If Kanye or A$AP or somebody happened to get a limited pair like that...
245zk3l.gif

I still have my Pharrell Dunks. Nice and worn
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Dec. 9, 1999 is also the founding day of our beloved NikeTalk. But I don't think he meant NT killed it.
nerd.gif

No ISS is the problem, Niketalk wasn't a bunch of little hypebeast teens when I joined but that crowd has flittered in here
Ezboard NT>Yuku NT

nerd.gif

No ISS is the problem, Niketalk wasn't a bunch of little hypebeast teens when I joined but that crowd has flittered in here
Ezboard NT>Yuku NT

Some of you are really deeply hurt by ISS
laugh.gif
Get over it man.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Ezboard NT>Yuku NT

laugh.gif
Get over it man.

We just don't like those inferior scrubs and what they have done to our culture. Steve is a Nike shill.Who does nothing but sit in nikes lap and further the problem.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

When it became a "game"

+!*$ is hilarious to sit back and watch now.

Haven't really cared for shoes much in the past 5 years. I'll cop a general release here and there and play the outlets but I'm no longer entrenched within the culture. +!*$ just got old to me.

I couldn't fathom actually standing in a line for shoes.
its far from just standing on line anymore, dudes are ready to lose their lives over this, every one of these hyped up releases is worst than the previous one.

Strong cosign. First time ive ever seen campers was back.when i was still studying in philly at temple. The sneaker spot there is called ubiq and it was around the time of the air yeezy launch. It was a couple days away but the street outside the store was turned into a refugee camp. I pondered how people can say f life for 3 days or 5 for shoes...or anything really even iphones.

My mind is blown at how there is hype at all with these shoes. Galaxy really? Nike lives off hypebeast...its like they dont need to be creative anymore they can slap on a random jpeg from google images, slap that on a shoe and make it a limited release. And it still would sell out. Glad i was never about that life for very long.

- Foam Galaxies are ugly, only want for resale purposes
- It's been like this since early 90s hasn't it? People getting violent over Jordans?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed like the AJ 13 Altitudes had so much hype, everyone started going after shoes again...

This is why I now condone counterfeits and fakes.  Not that I ever bought any but why shouldn't a kid who can't afford $200 pair of shoes be able to rock the same replica shoe for less?  No waiting in lines. No chaos. No drama.  You like the style and the color way, and it's sold out everywhere.. .so why not just buy fakes? 

Ezboard NT>Yuku NT

laugh.gif
Get over it man.
case and point

"shoe game" was over for me like 6 years ago when hype overtook the actual love of the shoes. also the quality going down so much didn't help. finally pretty much sold all my kicks this year. i think i partially grew out of it all too. had more important priorities..school,tuition, travel, etc.

you lose all credibility the minute you call it a "game"
clowns buy shoes off hype not because they actually like them; mad props from dudes...yeahhhhhh 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
agreed

don't know about others but I buy sneakers to WEAR, don't care about how big of a collection I have or how "sought after" a shoe is. I just buy what I like when I can

Nike has ruined this with their terrible shoe quality, rising prices and GOD AWFUL launch plans. Make all these shoes readily available and everyone wins, I don't see why they wouldn't just do this already. I'm happy I was able to live in a time where I could walk into a store and get a jordan shoe weeks after release but it's not even close to the same today 
30t6p3b.gif

Espo's and Pharrells in 2004 were the only time I ever lined up for sneakers and that was smooth overall at NYNT...after we graduated from Penn State; I pretty much sold my entire collection though.  I don't have time to wear 50 pairs of shoes; I keep like 10 pairs I wear and if I don't I sell them.
I want to get to that point in life... I though marriage would lock me down, but it didn't.  Maybe kids will.  Realistically a rotation of 10 is enough.  I don't need my 100+ pair collection that takes its own room in my house
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

word 
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
 We were all here once for sneakers... 
how can you be upset that something you call a game is over?

I've always viewed people who call it the "shoe-game" or referred to themselves as sneakerheads the bigest lames.

i brought it back to 1992,   typed in  down, r, up, l, y, b   (word to street fighter 2 on super nintendo)  and was able to beat the sneaker game in a day.

mad exlcusives, player editions, limited edition kicks, an endless supply of galaxy foams, and gentry humphries and tinker hatfield at my command

feels good man

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

embarassed.gif
 We were all here once for sneakers... 
how can you be upset that something you call a game is over?

I've always viewed people who call it the "shoe-game" or referred to themselves as sneakerheads the bigest lames.

this

joints are ugly, i pretty much stopped buying kicks when they came out with all these stupid gimmicks.  tiffany sb's, flu games, rayguns.  all that crap.  only nikes i've bought in forever is eggplant foamzzzzzzzz and cg11

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by jhobson5

I agree with both of you. I think its really sad Nike only caters to certain regions of the country. For us smaller market areas all we get is GRs. We dont have HOHs or anything like that so we have zero chance at limited releases...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

theres a reason why you don't have an HOH

they spent thousands on research.

I am going to have to disagree with you on that one. I am from Denver, CO. We have zero HOHs. And Denver is a huge city. We have a nice sneaker following. They even closed down Nike Town Denver in favor of an H&M. I mean some should throw us a bone.

Now I live in Charleston, SC. A huge tourist city with high traffic. Makes no sense not to have one here.

Back
Top Bottom