So what's it like to be an Asian-American man?

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

like to criticize everything that they don't do.
QFT
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

i like it.. i enjoy being asian more than any other race ive been as. 
What other races have you been besides asian?

Originally Posted by proper english

i like it.. i enjoy being asian more than any other race ive been as. 
What other races have you been besides asian?

Asians utilize the internet to let out their aggression on the keyboard when they get cut on the supreme lines. But are quiet as kept face to face. - Confuscious

Asians utilize the internet to let out their aggression on the keyboard when they get cut on the supreme lines. But are quiet as kept face to face. - Confuscious

Originally Posted by BTK

I wonder if this is an appropriate occasion to stereotype Blacks on how they behave in public...

Originally Posted by BTK

I wonder if this is an appropriate occasion to stereotype Blacks on how they behave in public...

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

share your stories, beliefs, and upbringing.   Did you go to college? How was your college experience? Who was your role model growing up? What is your circle of friends like?  What jobs do your parents have?  What type of women have you dated? How did your siblings turn out?  Do you share the same morals and beliefs as your parents?  Do you have a criminal record?  How much do value sports?

I guess CNN did "Black in America" so I would like to go behind the scenes of being an asian-american man.  Some interesting discussions should come from this.
I'm Asian-Canadian, born in Toronto and both my parents are immigrants from Hong Kong.
Currently in university, liking it so far minus the workload. Didn't really have any specific role models other than my pops and basically all the basketball and baseball players
laugh.gif
. I have a variety of friends, all different ethnicities and ages and backgrounds. mom works 9-5 job, dad is retired. I mainly like white women, and have only dated white women. Got a younger brother, hes smarter than me but we're close with each other. I share completely different beliefs but morals wise its about working hard and achieving your goals. No criminal record thankfully. Sports are my religion basically, mainly baseball and basketball, the 2 sports I grew up playing.

I get stereotyped often but it doenst phase me. I remember kids would label me "Ichiro" on the baseball field even though I'm not Japanese, but they didnt know any better. Or they'll call me Yao Ming on the ball court even though I'm not a center and I was no where near the tallest person on the court. Or they dont think I play sports at all and think I study. I have a huge passion for rap music and people sometimes think I'm mixed because of that
laugh.gif
 and the way I dress sometimes throws people off. Although I know many asians, I don't hang around many often because I tend to have different interests with them.

I wouldn't say I belong to any one social culture exclusively, and it kinda made me who I am.

interesting thread

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

share your stories, beliefs, and upbringing.   Did you go to college? How was your college experience? Who was your role model growing up? What is your circle of friends like?  What jobs do your parents have?  What type of women have you dated? How did your siblings turn out?  Do you share the same morals and beliefs as your parents?  Do you have a criminal record?  How much do value sports?

I guess CNN did "Black in America" so I would like to go behind the scenes of being an asian-american man.  Some interesting discussions should come from this.
I'm Asian-Canadian, born in Toronto and both my parents are immigrants from Hong Kong.
Currently in university, liking it so far minus the workload. Didn't really have any specific role models other than my pops and basically all the basketball and baseball players
laugh.gif
. I have a variety of friends, all different ethnicities and ages and backgrounds. mom works 9-5 job, dad is retired. I mainly like white women, and have only dated white women. Got a younger brother, hes smarter than me but we're close with each other. I share completely different beliefs but morals wise its about working hard and achieving your goals. No criminal record thankfully. Sports are my religion basically, mainly baseball and basketball, the 2 sports I grew up playing.

I get stereotyped often but it doenst phase me. I remember kids would label me "Ichiro" on the baseball field even though I'm not Japanese, but they didnt know any better. Or they'll call me Yao Ming on the ball court even though I'm not a center and I was no where near the tallest person on the court. Or they dont think I play sports at all and think I study. I have a huge passion for rap music and people sometimes think I'm mixed because of that
laugh.gif
 and the way I dress sometimes throws people off. Although I know many asians, I don't hang around many often because I tend to have different interests with them.

I wouldn't say I belong to any one social culture exclusively, and it kinda made me who I am.

interesting thread

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by BTK

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BTK

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

Originally Posted by jdiggs

eek.gif
laugh.gif
fainting-300x225.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Its That Dude...no it's not. THAT would be racist, obviously. other groups? no problem tho, have at it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

Originally Posted by jdiggs

eek.gif
laugh.gif
fainting-300x225.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Its That Dude...no it's not. THAT would be racist, obviously. other groups? no problem tho, have at it.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom