So this is how y'all getting down in N.O. bruh? Vol. What the....

Nah man, they were the first to go mainstream, actually I believe it was Tego, but he didn't stick like Daddy Yankee did with Gasolina....Gasolina was the anthem of what was that?...05?

04-07 to me were the best years of regeatton in the states for both artists and fans...best club nights of my life....it was surrreal.

My mom doesn't speak an ounce of Spanish and she LOVED Gasolina. She's East Indian. I hate that song and Danza Kuduro with a passion because of how often my parents bump those :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
View media item 239446
when this dropped in da heights in 2002 it changed EVERYTHING

then this dropped and da door was blown off

View media item 239448
then when this dropped da building came down

View media item 239450
then when this dropped da block da building was on crumbled.

View media item 239452
when you listen to these albums da "pop" sound was there, and alot of playero fans were complaining it wasn't "raw" anymore

da way dembow sounds now (dembow is glorified nu-playero)

i tell you what though..ALOT of da current reggaeton songs is too mushy and soft, and thats da complaints you here about some of da current

artist, but you still got alot of da vets still putting in that work.

ahh..those early 2000's were da best, you had dipset, g-unit, d-block pumpin, and when i wanted to get my dub with da chicks i had WILD

reggaeton records for da house parties and clubs.

I was about to check you real quick but then I realized what you meant. That wisin y yandel and daddy yankee were one of the few to begin going mainstream since through the 80s , half on the 90s it was mostly underground. At least I hope that's what you meant :lol:.
Technically speaking they really weren't like the first ones to go mainstream. But they def contributed to where it is now.

Nah man, they were the first to go mainstream, actually I believe it was Tego, but he didn't stick like Daddy Yankee did with Gasolina....Gasolina was the anthem of what was that?...05?

04-07 to me were the best years of regeatton in the states for both artists and fans...best club nights of my life....it was surrreal.
View media item 239465Wrong. TEMPO launched it mainstream in the early 2000s. He got locked up and everybody including daddy Yankee rode the wave to make himself mainstream even he himself admitted that.
Peak of reggeaton was gasolina rakata etc circa 2005.
But tempo been rocking in the speakers in late 90s and 2000.

Last edited:
yoooooooo that lunytunes album was the GOAT!!!!!!

ah the memories...

that album was straight fire bruh....

this joint on, no lights alcohol, no rules.

the song that opened the doors

Don Omar :pimp:

and prob top 3 in my regeatton list....this joint was so illlll

and all these joints in the same disc...lol

Last edited:
View media item 239465Wrong. TEMPO launched it mainstream in the early 2000s. He got locked up and everybody including daddy Yankee rode the wave to make himself mainstream even he himself admitted that.

correct tempo was the first spark.....but if you werent playing close attention to the genre because you recently came from home or had some cousin from back home putting you on, chances are you had to no clue who tempo is/was...lol

did tempo have a song with tego or something??...son i cant eeem remember...lol

and all these joints in the same disc...lol

good times were had at the Latino Frat parties cause of this song :smh: :lol:

I like how this whole page has nothing do with that trash New Orleans music on the first page

Last edited:
good times were had at the Latino Frat parties cause of this song :smh: :lol:

I like how this whole page has nothing do with that trash New Orleans music on the first page

that latino threadjack is strong...:smokin

correct tempo was the first spark.....but if you werent playing close attention to the genre because you recently came from home or had some cousin from back home putting you on, chances are you had to no clue who tempo is/was...lol

did tempo have a song with tego or something??...son i cant eeem remember...lol
View media item 239484Thank you for clarifying what you meant.
This ***** took a it back got me looking for playero 42 and **** to jam on my way to school in a few :lol:

SOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

DY looks unrecognizable!.....hahahaha he killed it though...

SOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

DY looks unrecognizable!.....hahahaha he killed it though...

bingo, i remember daddy yankee from that far, wasn't paying ANY attention to it cuz we was still in da teeth of golden hiphop in NYC

but every now and then i would run into a rican fresh off da boat or a hick dominican asking to borrow my CD player to play this.

spanish rap to this day i can't stand. cholos really love this type of music, daddy yankee was HUGE in california too with all da mexicans

once they caught that dembow sound from don chezina tra tra tra, that more or less laid da blueprint to what reggaeton more or less should

sound like.

Julio Voltio is another one, my dude is too nice, dude is like the Ruben Blades of reggeaton, his story telling steez :pimp:

bingo, i remember daddy yankee from that far, wasn't paying ANY attention to it cuz we was still in da teeth of golden hiphop in NYC

but every now and then i would run into a rican fresh off da boat or a hick dominican asking to borrow my CD player to play this.

spanish rap to this day i can't stand. cholos really love this type of music, daddy yankee was HUGE in california too with all da mexicans

once they caught that dembow sound from don chezina tra tra tra, that more or less laid da blueprint to what reggaeton more or less should

sound like.

these dudes are straight up lyricists...sucks for dudes that dont speak spanish....lol

one more video before i head home...lol

Plan b IMO is the ones that held it down strong in the club in 2012.

man, a disclaimer wouldve been cool

totally wasted a good 5 minutes

sound like.

these dudes are straight up lyricists...sucks for dudes that dont speak spanish....lol

da best dude lyrically that can flow on a beat you can catch some gyrating buns on da dancefloor is money from calle 13.

He said "Need a **** that i can feel"
sick.gif

Dude was like, "Did you hear what he just said?"
laugh.gif

sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom