So T-Pain is the surprise artist Lil Wayne signed to Young Money! vol. WHY?

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

why would Wayne and them sign T-Pain. They should of went and got Chris Brown. 

Like Jive/Zomba would have just handed them over Cris Brown.  He may have a few Blemishes on his resume, but he is still a valuable asset who is under contract. People like T-pain get let out of there contracts/dropped because they are gimmicks whose 5mins are over, but people like Cris Brown, Britney Spears, and all those other pop stars with a large following are just one smash away from going at least platinum.  While people will T-pain need a couple of smash hit just to to even dream about sniffing gold.  Look at the numbers, they don't lie.

Sometimes I think you guys don't really understand how the record business works.  You don't just give up on a valuable asset.  You weather the storm and cash in once everything clears up.   

OP you are bugging TEDDY 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
At his prime he was that dude seen him live to on that T-Wayne tour Him >Weezy at that point live.

OP you are bugging TEDDY 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
At his prime he was that dude seen him live to on that T-Wayne tour Him >Weezy at that point live.

Eh, oh well. I'm glad nobody that I think has a good shot at a career aint signin to em. CM/YM is the modern day rapper graveyard and land for misfit rappers

Eh, oh well. I'm glad nobody that I think has a good shot at a career aint signin to em. CM/YM is the modern day rapper graveyard and land for misfit rappers

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Like Jive/Zomba would have just handed them over Cris Brown.  He may have a few Blemishes on his resume, but he is still a valuable asset who is under contract. People like T-pain get let out of there contracts/dropped because they are gimmicks whose 5mins are over, but people like Cris Brown, Britney Spears, and all those other pop stars with a large following are just one smash away from going at least platinum.  While people will T-pain need a couple of smash hit just to to even dream about sniffing gold.  Look at the numbers, they don't lie.

Sometimes I think you guys don't really understand how the record business works.  You don't just give up on a valuable asset.  You weather the storm and cash in once everything clears up.   
what you mean...  obviously Jive/Zomba wouldn't have to just give him over . Why would they, they cant cuz he still under contract (and YM/CM coulda bought him out if they want to, which plenty of people have done and i know Baby, Wayne and Slim could do) Him going to YM would actually make Jive more money. Its not going to clear up for CB at all anytime soon. He had that #1 hit but he aint NEVER going to be what he once was.

Like i initially said im sure Jive would go half or slash on CB with YM/CM in a heartbeat.

what you mean...  obviously Jive/Zomba wouldn't have to just give him over . Why would they, they cant cuz he still under contract (and YM/CM coulda bought him out if they want to, which plenty of people have done and i know Baby, Wayne and Slim could do) Him going to YM would actually make Jive more money. Its not going to clear up for CB at all anytime soon. He had that #1 hit but he aint NEVER going to be what he once was.

Like i initially said im sure Jive would go half or slash on CB with YM/CM in a heartbeat.

chris brown dont even write his own songs... he kinda worthless... pain can write hooks allllll day... plus he produces...

chris brown dont even write his own songs... he kinda worthless... pain can write hooks allllll day... plus he produces...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

you right about that.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

you right about that.

This.

This.

He can be good for them. Im not a big fan of either, but Im sure T-Pain still has potential to add to some songs. YM is the type of group that'll be good for that.

He can be good for them. Im not a big fan of either, but Im sure T-Pain still has potential to add to some songs. YM is the type of group that'll be good for that.

Man Jive wouldn't even let 3 Stacks feature on Big Boi's solo. Why would Jive even go half with CB when they can just continue to have him like they do now? Chris Brown's fanbase is established. He's not gonna gain more fans or sell more records because he's signed to Lil' Wayne. Hell Lil' Wayne is already on every single one of his albums to begin with.

If only the record industry was as simple as you make it out to be.
laugh.gif

Man Jive wouldn't even let 3 Stacks feature on Big Boi's solo. Why would Jive even go half with CB when they can just continue to have him like they do now? Chris Brown's fanbase is established. He's not gonna gain more fans or sell more records because he's signed to Lil' Wayne. Hell Lil' Wayne is already on every single one of his albums to begin with.

If only the record industry was as simple as you make it out to be.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom