So my truck just stopped on the freeway FML. From my description, can any of you identify problem?

-I'm coming home from work.
-I'm cruising along at 69mph.
-I go to accelerate so I can switch lanes.
-I hear a "pop" and when I try and give my truck gas, it makes a loud screeching noise but it won't accelerate.
-I pull over and turn truck off. I sit there for 1min. I try again and same thing. I put it in gear and it will not budge, just keeps making that loud screeching noise when I try and give it gas.
-My co-worker happens to be driving by and sees me. He claims he used to work on cars so he comes and says I blew my transmission.

I'm not entirely convinced it's the ****** because I never experienced the jerking motions of the ****** slipping. Been riding smooth for weeks then this happened out of the blue. I'm hoping it's a belt but realistically, it's something worse than that, I know it. What do ya'll think?

FYI: It's an '06 TrailBlazer...

Sounds like your ****** man. Deff not a broken timing belt... If it was your belt, the car wouldnt turn over at all. Since you can turn it over and put it in gear but it doesnt go anywhere, then its your ******.

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

Sounds like your ****** man. Deff not a broken timing belt... If it was your belt, the car wouldnt turn over at all. Since you can turn it over and put it in gear but it doesnt go anywhere, then its your ******.
Even w/o the jerking motions? Basically, the truck never showed any signs of the ****** slipping. It was going just fine then it just went out on me. I've blew 2 transmissions before and I could tell a month or 2 in advance that my ****** was gonna blow.

I am sick right now. I was in the market for another vehicle and I was gonna trade this one in.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

Even w/o the jerking motions? Basically, the truck never showed any signs of the ****** slipping. It was going just fine then it just went out on me. I've blew 2 transmissions before and I could tell a month or 2 in advance that my ****** was gonna blow.

I am sick right now. I was in the market for another vehicle and I was gonna trade this one in.

How many miles does it have? How do your drive belts(not timing) look?

When I go to school I'll see if I can dig anything up on service information.

Edit: So you're able to turn the car on and when you put it in drive it wont move?

Im almost certain its the transmission, because you werent able to accelerate. Its going to be costly so I hope Im wrong.

Transmission, could be your transaxle. If you get it rebuilt make sure they check for leaks after they finish.

Blazer? Ya probably the transmission. When was the last time you had the transmission fluid checked?

engine is making power but it has no where to send it meaning that the ****** is broke or the part that delivers the power to the ****** is broke

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Were you granny shifting or double clutching?

roll.gif
Never gets old.

Niketalk is awesome we have mechanics, detectives, computer tech's, maintenance etc. We should build a union a take over the world. Hope all goe well with your vehicle glad your safe.
smile.gif

Sounds like a ****** issue, power from the motor isn't going anywhere when you hit the gas so something in the drive line is broken. I believe Blazers are rear wheel drive so it could be a damaged driveshaft if its not the transmission. 

are the wheels moving when you turn the steering wheel?
I was driving and heard a pop, thought the tire blew out, but it was the front axle that snapped or something like that

Back
Top Bottom