So my Ex decides to text me out of the blue after not hearing from her in almost a year. *CLOSURE*

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

I say meet up with her.

When you meet, make sure it is fresh in your mind that this is the woman that you were good to, that you gave your all to, but that simply wasn't good enough for her. You have to put an emotional barrier up.

When you meet make sure you look good, and you look to her like you are genuinely happy. Don't act like you have a grudge against her for what she did, but rather act like she did you a favor. She will HATE to see that your life has gotten better without her. Take her to lunch... even pay.

Now more then likely throughout this past year she has been played and smutted out by other men, and she finally realizes that the grass isn't greener on the other side... and she wants you back. Don't give in... Not on the first meetup anyway. You have to remember this woman is the source of your heartbreak(I can tell you are hurt op) so you can't just let her come back into your life whenever she wants. Be nice to her, but respectfully decline any proposition she offers... even if you want her.

Now if after this meeting she is consistent and genuine and she really seems like she wants you back, I would say let her back in VERY slooooowly. People do make mistakes, so maybe she realized it and can make up for it. But don't just give yourself all back at once, and run the risk of getting your heart broken again.

So_much_win__by_Kisame_X_Mudkip.png

Also OP Im pretty sure she dumped you for another guy (and since she didnt have a good reason she gave you a bs one) and now he has moved on. 

Originally Posted by FDUB

To make this brief as possible, my last GF broke up with me back in July 7, 2010 due to the fact that she couldn't really deal with the type of person that I am. She is a outgoing and very social, but I am the total opposite despite the fact that she "claims" that I was the best BF she has ever dated. Still doesn't make sense to me to this day..smh. She pretty much stopped talking to me after that for whatever reason that I have no clue as to why.

So on Saturday Night I get a text from a number that Wasn't saved under my contact (Deleted her number), but I recognized it. She text me saying:

HER: Hey, How are you?
Me: Hey
Her: How you been
Me: I been cool
Her: That's good. I would like to speak to you about something if you are up to it.
Me: What is it
Her: Nothing bad. I just want to get somethings off my chest.
Me: Go ahead
Her: I cant now. I wanted to see if you would be available tomorrow.
Me: Available for what? Besides, I am going out of town tomorrow, so you might as well text me.
Her: I rather do it in person. Not over text. You can hit me up whenever you available then.

This all occurred on July 2nd. What do you guys think I should do? Part of me is telling me to just ignore the text, but I am super curious on what she wants to get off her chest. I honestly don't trust this situation because I was very hurt on how this chick dumped me for being how I am..smh
This sounds like a girl I know. Whenever she doesn't have my attention for awhile I'll get texts or emails out of the blue asking what's up.  Then we'll get back to talking then she'll inevitably flake and communications becomes inconsistent -- and she wonders why it's so hard to stay in touch with her. She even admitted she's held on to me in hopes it ever works out. She's doing it yet again to me and inevitably she'll come back and apologize and say she was in one of her moods and a "dark place".  I get tired of it.

OP, I think you should meet up with her to find out what's going on. I'm sure you're curious what's up (I know I would be). However, I really don't think she's going to want you back or admit she was wrong. I think this is a move for attention on her part. She definitely misses and wants you back in her life (though probably not as a bf).

Then again, ::: barkley::: I may be wrong :::barkly:::

Originally Posted by FDUB

To make this brief as possible, my last GF broke up with me back in July 7, 2010 due to the fact that she couldn't really deal with the type of person that I am. She is a outgoing and very social, but I am the total opposite despite the fact that she "claims" that I was the best BF she has ever dated. Still doesn't make sense to me to this day..smh. She pretty much stopped talking to me after that for whatever reason that I have no clue as to why.

So on Saturday Night I get a text from a number that Wasn't saved under my contact (Deleted her number), but I recognized it. She text me saying:

HER: Hey, How are you?
Me: Hey
Her: How you been
Me: I been cool
Her: That's good. I would like to speak to you about something if you are up to it.
Me: What is it
Her: Nothing bad. I just want to get somethings off my chest.
Me: Go ahead
Her: I cant now. I wanted to see if you would be available tomorrow.
Me: Available for what? Besides, I am going out of town tomorrow, so you might as well text me.
Her: I rather do it in person. Not over text. You can hit me up whenever you available then.

This all occurred on July 2nd. What do you guys think I should do? Part of me is telling me to just ignore the text, but I am super curious on what she wants to get off her chest. I honestly don't trust this situation because I was very hurt on how this chick dumped me for being how I am..smh
This sounds like a girl I know. Whenever she doesn't have my attention for awhile I'll get texts or emails out of the blue asking what's up.  Then we'll get back to talking then she'll inevitably flake and communications becomes inconsistent -- and she wonders why it's so hard to stay in touch with her. She even admitted she's held on to me in hopes it ever works out. She's doing it yet again to me and inevitably she'll come back and apologize and say she was in one of her moods and a "dark place".  I get tired of it.

OP, I think you should meet up with her to find out what's going on. I'm sure you're curious what's up (I know I would be). However, I really don't think she's going to want you back or admit she was wrong. I think this is a move for attention on her part. She definitely misses and wants you back in her life (though probably not as a bf).

Then again, ::: barkley::: I may be wrong :::barkly:::

Originally Posted by Carver

Originally Posted by November33rd

You NT'ers have some creative imaginations. Y'all need to grow up.

You have no clue what she wants. She could be inviting you to  be a guest at her wedding for all these clowns on NT know.

Don't make such a big deal out of it. Just go and hear her out. Then take it from there. You don't need some plan or elaborate plot devised by some NT'ers who have had little to no female interaction in their lives.
Yes OP, listen to this guy.
Go meet up with the girl who broke you, the girl who broke up with you for nothing you did. That same girl who said you were the best boyfriend ever but couldn't deal with the type of person you are 
indifferent.gif
.. that same girl who stopped talking to you and ignored you for a year for no reason. 

Yes OP, go meet up with her now because she wants to.. 
You sound like a simp.
laugh.gif

If it's been a year....move on....get over it.

Y'all can be so simple-minded I swear. If you're ignoring her texts and trying to dog her because she dogged you a year ago that just shows that you still haven't gotten over her and she's still got a hold on you.

Be a man. If you're over her then you would just meet her and stop making such a big deal out of it.

Getting bent out of shape and all in your feelings over an ex you haven't spoken to in a year = simpery.

You have no clue what she wants. She could be inviting you to  be a guest at her wedding for all these clowns on NT know.

Don't make such a big deal out of it. Just go and hear her out. Then take it from there. You don't need some plan or elaborate plot devised by some NT'ers who have had little to no female interaction in their lives.
Go meet up with the girl who broke you, the girl who broke up with you for nothing you did. That same girl who said you were the best boyfriend ever but couldn't deal with the type of person you are 
indifferent.gif
.. that same girl who stopped talking to you and ignored you for a year for no reason. 

You sound like a simp.
laugh.gif

Y'all can be so simple-minded I swear. If you're ignoring her texts and trying to dog her because she dogged you a year ago that just shows that you still haven't gotten over her and she's still got a hold on you.

Be a man. If you're over her then you would just meet her and stop making such a big deal out of it.

Getting bent out of shape and all in your feelings over an ex you haven't spoken to in a year = simpery.

Real talk OP she's an ex for a reason and doesn't deserve your time just based on what you wrote, cancel that &!%^*

Real talk OP she's an ex for a reason and doesn't deserve your time just based on what you wrote, cancel that &!%^*

OP I've been going what your going through right now with your ex for about 1 year now.

she texted me april fools and said that she still loved me, then I hit her back that while I still had a special place in my heart for her that I wasn't interested...then she said "oh April Fools!" I was like yea right #@%@$ you know if I had said "I still love you" back you would have never mentioned %+$@ about april fools.

OP if I could give you some advice...if she did you dirty in your past relationship...don't even bother with what she has to say...just tell her whatever she has to say she can just keep it to herself because you've moved on. You gotta realize that while these ex's might sound nice when they rear their ugly head...most of the goddamn time they are seeking attention because they're not getting it from whoever's sexing them right now.

On the other side of the coin, if the breakup was amicable and it would bother you in the future if you didn't hear her out...then let her come to you. let her speak her peace, play it calm and cool.

If your at a better place in your life right now than when you were with her just tell her to kick rocks. Ex's are ex's for a reason...don't simp.

OP I've been going what your going through right now with your ex for about 1 year now.

she texted me april fools and said that she still loved me, then I hit her back that while I still had a special place in my heart for her that I wasn't interested...then she said "oh April Fools!" I was like yea right #@%@$ you know if I had said "I still love you" back you would have never mentioned %+$@ about april fools.

OP if I could give you some advice...if she did you dirty in your past relationship...don't even bother with what she has to say...just tell her whatever she has to say she can just keep it to herself because you've moved on. You gotta realize that while these ex's might sound nice when they rear their ugly head...most of the goddamn time they are seeking attention because they're not getting it from whoever's sexing them right now.

On the other side of the coin, if the breakup was amicable and it would bother you in the future if you didn't hear her out...then let her come to you. let her speak her peace, play it calm and cool.

If your at a better place in your life right now than when you were with her just tell her to kick rocks. Ex's are ex's for a reason...don't simp.

indifferent.gif

You sound like a simp.
laugh.gif

Yup, I'm the simp because I don't want to meet up with her
eyes.gif

So to "be a man" and to "get over it" he has to meet up with her and stop making it such a big deal
laugh.gif
ok..

OP get over it by moving on, I'm sure in the past year you have been with/met a lot of females.. don't worry about an ex especially one who has done you wrong

indifferent.gif

You sound like a simp.
laugh.gif

Yup, I'm the simp because I don't want to meet up with her
eyes.gif

So to "be a man" and to "get over it" he has to meet up with her and stop making it such a big deal
laugh.gif
ok..

OP get over it by moving on, I'm sure in the past year you have been with/met a lot of females.. don't worry about an ex especially one who has done you wrong

A casual meet up shouldn't hurt, right?

It seems like you're scared to see her again because you're afraid to fall in love with her again, since you clearly still have feelings for her.
ohwell.gif

A casual meet up shouldn't hurt, right?

It seems like you're scared to see her again because you're afraid to fall in love with her again, since you clearly still have feelings for her.
ohwell.gif

November you really are the one who's seems to be the simp. Like I said previously to OP...you owe nothing to this girl. what November said was true though...if your still dogging her and whatnot it does show that you haven't gotten over her. You need to figure out what you need to do to get past this girl...If it's going to meet with her because it would nag you in the future about what she wanted to say then go do it. Just be aware of the trickery and deceit that scalliwags use to get a hold of some good men.

You really need to move on guy. At the end of the day, no one is thinking about your situation except yourself so you need to figure out how your gonna progress in life past this and on to better pastures.

November you really are the one who's seems to be the simp. Like I said previously to OP...you owe nothing to this girl. what November said was true though...if your still dogging her and whatnot it does show that you haven't gotten over her. You need to figure out what you need to do to get past this girl...If it's going to meet with her because it would nag you in the future about what she wanted to say then go do it. Just be aware of the trickery and deceit that scalliwags use to get a hold of some good men.

You really need to move on guy. At the end of the day, no one is thinking about your situation except yourself so you need to figure out how your gonna progress in life past this and on to better pastures.

eyes.gif
because OP would really want to go to that
blackmagnus514 wrote:
Ya'll are better men that me talking about go and pay for lunch.

This

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

You don't owe her anything.
Remember This

eyes.gif
because OP would really want to go to that
blackmagnus514 wrote:
Ya'll are better men that me talking about go and pay for lunch.

This

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

You don't owe her anything.
Remember This

Back
Top Bottom