So is 4g just a marketing scheme?

Originally Posted by go rilla

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Yeah, it's legit.

I jumped from Tmobile to Sprint to copp the Evo 4G, (at the time it wasnt LIVE in LA) but now it is and it's MUCH faster than 3G. I use to tether my 3G connection thinking it couldnt get any better, 4G kills that notion, its so much faster. I can stream Netflix or NBA games tethering my phone without a hitch in connection. It's butter. I heard LTE is much faster, wish I could try that.
You won't be able to try LTE since Sprint uses WiMax as their standard
I know, that's why I said "wish". 

Originally Posted by go rilla

Yeah, it's legit.

I jumped from Tmobile to Sprint to copp the Evo 4G, (at the time it wasnt LIVE in LA) but now it is and it's MUCH faster than 3G. I use to tether my 3G connection thinking it couldnt get any better, 4G kills that notion, its so much faster. I can stream Netflix or NBA games tethering my phone without a hitch in connection. It's butter. I heard LTE is much faster, wish I could try that.
You won't be able to try LTE since Sprint uses WiMax as their standard
I know, that's why I said "wish". 

Originally Posted by Hizzle

4G is a standard set by the UN's Internation Telecommunications Union (ITU). The ITU says that a 4G technology needs to deliver downlink speeds of 1Gbps when standstill and 100Mbps when mobile. However, those standards are far superior to what any company in the world is pushing right now. wiMAX and LTE are around 4Mbps-30Mbps. Faster than 3G, but not nearly as close to the 4G standard. But nobody is really enforcing the term 4G so companies are able to throw it around. Here's an in-depth look.

http://www.engadget.com/2...-engadget-wireless-prim/
Great article. It all makes sense to me now. Either way, i'm sticking to my Samsung Vibrant 36 until I fint a suiable replacement.

Originally Posted by Hizzle

4G is a standard set by the UN's Internation Telecommunications Union (ITU). The ITU says that a 4G technology needs to deliver downlink speeds of 1Gbps when standstill and 100Mbps when mobile. However, those standards are far superior to what any company in the world is pushing right now. wiMAX and LTE are around 4Mbps-30Mbps. Faster than 3G, but not nearly as close to the 4G standard. But nobody is really enforcing the term 4G so companies are able to throw it around. Here's an in-depth look.

http://www.engadget.com/2...-engadget-wireless-prim/
Great article. It all makes sense to me now. Either way, i'm sticking to my Samsung Vibrant 36 until I fint a suiable replacement.

From what I understand there really is no 4G in America, hence the LTE (lite) distinction. It's more of a 3G+. So in that sense it's a marketing scheme. But in this day and age, you can always wait and get something better.

From what I understand there really is no 4G in America, hence the LTE (lite) distinction. It's more of a 3G+. So in that sense it's a marketing scheme. But in this day and age, you can always wait and get something better.

depends on your provider. On AT&T iPhones 3g beats its 4g phones like the atrix but AT&T doesnt have real 4g yet so its not even fair to call those phones 4g.

depends on your provider. On AT&T iPhones 3g beats its 4g phones like the atrix but AT&T doesnt have real 4g yet so its not even fair to call those phones 4g.

Yeah, it's legit.

my boy has a thunderbolt and gets 10mb/30mb all day.  but the thunderbolt is the only LTE phone on verizon.  bet when some more drops it will slow down some.

Yeah, it's legit.

my boy has a thunderbolt and gets 10mb/30mb all day.  but the thunderbolt is the only LTE phone on verizon.  bet when some more drops it will slow down some.

Back
Top Bottom