So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

The biggest clue to detect if Cobb was dreaming at the end was the children. I don't remember if it was stated how long Cobb was on hiatus from the States, but I figure it had to of been for more than a couple years, seeming he's had time to do all these other jobs and become notorious overseas. In the last seen, when he goes to finally see the faces of the children they are still the same age from his memory. I believe that he is still dreaming because you never seen his spinner stop, and as an excuse to finally see his children's faces was due to the closure he got when detaching himself from Mol. A copping mechanism so to speak.

memento x the matrix = inception 
good movie 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm glad I got to see the movie on Friday before anybody was able to tell me what they think about it.
I gave the movie an 'A', it was overall pretty great. Well written script, spectacular visuals, a completely new idea for a movie and great acting.
With that being said I think Mal (Marion Cotillard) needs to get that Best Supporting Actress nomination for this role among many other nominations that this movie should receive.
Great 1st movie for me to catch in an IMAX theater, might have to watch it again.

I'm glad I got to see the movie on Friday before anybody was able to tell me what they think about it.
I gave the movie an 'A', it was overall pretty great. Well written script, spectacular visuals, a completely new idea for a movie and great acting.
With that being said I think Mal (Marion Cotillard) needs to get that Best Supporting Actress nomination for this role among many other nominations that this movie should receive.
Great 1st movie for me to catch in an IMAX theater, might have to watch it again.

NT hypes up another yet again

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

first 45 minutes of the movie were confusing as hell and the ending sucked.

NT hypes up another yet again

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

first 45 minutes of the movie were confusing as hell and the ending sucked.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Cause he's already throwing out millions to Leo. Add in that most of the B-listers in this movie people have seen in other movies, and you can save a bunch of money, instead of throwing out dozens of millions to just a few A listers and not have any money for anyone else but no-names. And it's not like Berenger had a big part anyways, he was in the movie for what.. a total of 15 minutes?

I'll gladly take a movie with Leo, a handful of proven B-list stars (some of which will draw people to the movie if Leo doesnt), and a few no names to fill in the smaller roles, than having Leo, Tom Cruise, Denzel and then a bunch of no names playing fairly significant roles.
I just think it's a risk not worth taking.  Like you said, the part is not important at all so why not just make it a no-name actor? My point is when you see eric roberts in a movie like this

then you see his face again in a normal movie, it's hard to take his character serious. I don't think he can get b-listers to act anywhere near as good as tarantino can.

Cause he's already throwing out millions to Leo. Add in that most of the B-listers in this movie people have seen in other movies, and you can save a bunch of money, instead of throwing out dozens of millions to just a few A listers and not have any money for anyone else but no-names. And it's not like Berenger had a big part anyways, he was in the movie for what.. a total of 15 minutes?

I'll gladly take a movie with Leo, a handful of proven B-list stars (some of which will draw people to the movie if Leo doesnt), and a few no names to fill in the smaller roles, than having Leo, Tom Cruise, Denzel and then a bunch of no names playing fairly significant roles.
I just think it's a risk not worth taking.  Like you said, the part is not important at all so why not just make it a no-name actor? My point is when you see eric roberts in a movie like this

then you see his face again in a normal movie, it's hard to take his character serious. I don't think he can get b-listers to act anywhere near as good as tarantino can.

where are you guys seeing the Matrix in this movie?
I dont see the connection at all
I really feel like this movie was pretty straight forward...with the only question really being if Cobb is dreaming or not

I really feel like this movie was pretty straight forward...with the only question really being if Cobb is dreaming or not

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

matrix: plugged into a giant computer that shows you a fake world as the real world.
inception: plugged into a dream machine that shows you a fake world as the real world.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

matrix: plugged into a giant computer that shows you a fake world as the real world.
inception: plugged into a dream machine that shows you a fake world as the real world.

laugh.gif

^um connecting to the machine kinda obvious
THE MOVIE WAS AMAZING need to watch again!

^um connecting to the machine kinda obvious
THE MOVIE WAS AMAZING need to watch again!

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I have a question. Can someone explain what limbo is? I mean I kinda get it and I kinda don't. I was thinking maybe it's a metaphor for a person who doesnt let go of the past (Leo). I got that when Sal said he was an old man living with regret when he got stuck in limbo. But I mean I know Leo was in limbo for 50 years but that doesnt mean he was sleep for 50 years. So can someone try and help me understand limbo?

Very basically:
Limbo is where you go when you dont get kicked out of the dream, and die. You can only go to limbo if the sedative used to put you to sleep is so strong that instead of death waking you up, as it would usually, instead puts you into a deeper level of dreams. A level deep enough where time is basically stopped for your body, but accelerated for your mind. Hence Leo aging 50 years in his dream, while his body aged hours.

To get out of limbo, you need to be kicked out or die in your dream (I'm assuming after the sedatives have worn off). But I guess the trick is that no one really knew that you had to die, until Cobb and Mal just said 'lets kill ourselves and see what happens!"

Maybe that wasnt so basic?
ohwell.gif

I mean I understand that. So I guess the deeper level of dreams your mind is going faster than your body but in limbo your body just stops? It's such a weird concept for me to grasp.
Originally Posted by ksteezy

Limbo = A coma.....its really not that hard to grasp....

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I have a question. Can someone explain what limbo is? I mean I kinda get it and I kinda don't. I was thinking maybe it's a metaphor for a person who doesnt let go of the past (Leo). I got that when Sal said he was an old man living with regret when he got stuck in limbo. But I mean I know Leo was in limbo for 50 years but that doesnt mean he was sleep for 50 years. So can someone try and help me understand limbo?

Very basically:
Limbo is where you go when you dont get kicked out of the dream, and die. You can only go to limbo if the sedative used to put you to sleep is so strong that instead of death waking you up, as it would usually, instead puts you into a deeper level of dreams. A level deep enough where time is basically stopped for your body, but accelerated for your mind. Hence Leo aging 50 years in his dream, while his body aged hours.

To get out of limbo, you need to be kicked out or die in your dream (I'm assuming after the sedatives have worn off). But I guess the trick is that no one really knew that you had to die, until Cobb and Mal just said 'lets kill ourselves and see what happens!"

Maybe that wasnt so basic?
ohwell.gif

I mean I understand that. So I guess the deeper level of dreams your mind is going faster than your body but in limbo your body just stops? It's such a weird concept for me to grasp.
Originally Posted by ksteezy

Limbo = A coma.....its really not that hard to grasp....

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom