So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

I think some of you guy are over-reacting with this "greatest" stuff.

I saw it in IMAX over the weekend, its a very good film overall but the complexities weren't as great as some of you guys made it out to be. To be honest a lot of it was very dumbed down for the casual audience which was rather annoying to me.

The ending was also predictable and I felt it was a reach to make something out of nothing, the movie played out to be TOO real and now all of a sudden its possible it could've all been a dream? Ehh....

I think some of you guy are over-reacting with this "greatest" stuff.

I saw it in IMAX over the weekend, its a very good film overall but the complexities weren't as great as some of you guys made it out to be. To be honest a lot of it was very dumbed down for the casual audience which was rather annoying to me.

The ending was also predictable and I felt it was a reach to make something out of nothing, the movie played out to be TOO real and now all of a sudden its possible it could've all been a dream? Ehh....

^
I agree.  All of this "one of the greatest movies ever" stuff makes me think I watched a different movie.  
grin.gif

This wasn't a great summer for movies and Inception and Toy Story 3 were the only standouts.

It was very well written but I wasn't that entertained.  The first hour / hour & a half of the movie was very slow moving and I just wanted it to move along.

I don't even remember that hallway fight scene.  I actually liked when he tied everyone up into a big pile and moved them around better.

They made the ending perfect though, knowing most people will be talking about it forever and then questioning if they have any idea what they're talking about.  
laugh.gif

This Scrooge McDuck comic from 2002 has a similar plot:

http://disneycomics.free....loc=D2002-033&s=date

^
I agree.  All of this "one of the greatest movies ever" stuff makes me think I watched a different movie.  
grin.gif

This wasn't a great summer for movies and Inception and Toy Story 3 were the only standouts.

It was very well written but I wasn't that entertained.  The first hour / hour & a half of the movie was very slow moving and I just wanted it to move along.

I don't even remember that hallway fight scene.  I actually liked when he tied everyone up into a big pile and moved them around better.

They made the ending perfect though, knowing most people will be talking about it forever and then questioning if they have any idea what they're talking about.  
laugh.gif

http://disneycomics.free....loc=D2002-033&s=date

Originally Posted by shogun

^
grin.gif

laugh.gif

[URL]http://disneycomics.free....loc=D2002-033&s=date[/url]
quoted for emphasis because i just read about this and wanted to see what others thought about it. here is another link..

http://videogum.com/208132/caught-inception-ripped-off-scrooge-mcduck/remakes-and-spinoffs/

my question is wasn't nolan in the process of making this movie for like the past 10 years or something like that?

Originally Posted by shogun

^
grin.gif

laugh.gif

[URL]http://disneycomics.free....loc=D2002-033&s=date[/url]
quoted for emphasis because i just read about this and wanted to see what others thought about it. here is another link..

http://videogum.com/208132/caught-inception-ripped-off-scrooge-mcduck/remakes-and-spinoffs/

my question is wasn't nolan in the process of making this movie for like the past 10 years or something like that?

Super good and trippy. It's definately one of those thinking movies, but also very fast paced. Not one boring part at all

Super good and trippy. It's definately one of those thinking movies, but also very fast paced. Not one boring part at all

I just watched it and I didn't like it, perhaps I will check it out again and focus more. When they jumped to the snow/military scene, I was done. My all time favorite sci fi flick is minority report: very intelligent and crafty twists. This movie was more like a Vanilla Sky... another movie that I didn't like.

I just watched it and I didn't like it, perhaps I will check it out again and focus more. When they jumped to the snow/military scene, I was done. My all time favorite sci fi flick is minority report: very intelligent and crafty twists. This movie was more like a Vanilla Sky... another movie that I didn't like.

Saw the film last week in IMAX...
pimp.gif
...very good, well-made...but some of yall be OOOOOOODing...greatest movies of all time?
laugh.gif
I'm guessing yall haven't seen that many movies...you know many said that also about The Matrix went it 1st dropped
smh.gif
...the ideology and theories behind it are novel, but I left the film wanting more...more exploration of the dreams, their realities, and states...film felt like it only scratched the surface....

Saw the film last week in IMAX...
pimp.gif
...very good, well-made...but some of yall be OOOOOOODing...greatest movies of all time?
laugh.gif
I'm guessing yall haven't seen that many movies...you know many said that also about The Matrix went it 1st dropped
smh.gif
...the ideology and theories behind it are novel, but I left the film wanting more...more exploration of the dreams, their realities, and states...film felt like it only scratched the surface....

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Yep, Vanilla Sky basically based the rest of the movie (after Cruise crashed on the couch) on a lucid dream. Not sure if the original ("Abre Los Ojos") was like that, but I thought Vanilla Sky was a very solid film. Minority Report is also one of my faves, along with one of the other in Spielberg's running man series, A.I..

And I do agree, the snow fortress seemed so unnecessary, but I think Nolan just wanted to try something he hadn't shot before (and something Bond-*!@).

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Yep, Vanilla Sky basically based the rest of the movie (after Cruise crashed on the couch) on a lucid dream. Not sure if the original ("Abre Los Ojos") was like that, but I thought Vanilla Sky was a very solid film. Minority Report is also one of my faves, along with one of the other in Spielberg's running man series, A.I..

And I do agree, the snow fortress seemed so unnecessary, but I think Nolan just wanted to try something he hadn't shot before (and something Bond-*!@).

Back
Top Bottom