So I saw a Salvation Army truck and it said...

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

I fail to see how that ad makes any sense.

If it's on the back of the truck, wouldn't that mean the primary targets are people who are presumably driving behind the truck? So, you're asking me to donate the car that i'm using to view your ad, presumably because I like joyriding and have no use for the car that I'm currently using. I just like to view ads of trucks in front of me.
grin.gif

If it was on the side of the truck, it would make sense... because presumably the target would be pedestrians (who might have a car but don't use it... hence them being pedestrians) as well as car owners.

In short, ad-fail.
Wow...Umm...Your logic is flawed sir. Many people (including myself) have a broken down car at home (I have a civic with a messed up engine that I do not plan on fixing) so therefore the ad would apply to me. Obviously they aren't talking about donating the actual car you are driving in..I mean come on son
Word.

Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to grasp.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

If it's on the back of the truck, wouldn't that mean the primary targets are people who are presumably driving behind the truck? So, you're asking me to donate the car that i'm using to view your ad, presumably because I like joyriding and have no use for the car that I'm currently using. I just like to view ads of trucks in front of me.
grin.gif

If it was on the side of the truck, it would make sense... because presumably the target would be pedestrians (who might have a car but don't use it... hence them being pedestrians) as well as car owners.

In short, ad-fail.
Wow...Umm...Your logic is flawed sir. Many people (including myself) have a broken down car at home (I have a civic with a messed up engine that I do not plan on fixing) so therefore the ad would apply to me. Obviously they aren't talking about donating the actual car you are driving in..I mean come on son

Oh ok. Because they would waste their time and money to put ads on every truck in their fleet to target the (obviously large) percentage of car owners who just happen to have a spare car lying around. 
grin.gif

Don't play yourself.

Wait, seriously, are you joking or are you that dumb?

You really think they are asking you to donate the car you are driving?

Tell me, why would it be completely out the realm of comprehension that they are asking for the car you're driving in order to promote the use of less vehicles, less pollution, and scrap the car for parts and use that money to help those who are "less fortunate"?

Tell me why that is not possible. Tell me why that completely is out of the question, and anyone would be an idiot to think that.

grin.gif

In short, ad-fail.

Oh ok. Because they would waste their time and money to put ads on every truck in their fleet to target the (obviously large) percentage of car owners who just happen to have a spare car lying around. 
grin.gif

Don't play yourself.

Tell me, why would it be completely out the realm of comprehension that they are asking for the car you're driving in order to promote the use of less vehicles, less pollution, and scrap the car for parts and use that money to help those who are "less fortunate"?

Tell me why that is not possible. Tell me why that completely is out of the question, and anyone would be an idiot to think that.

Im sure if that happens they arent going to send you on your way and not take ur car. But your arguing that it is not likely that someone has a scrap car at home that doesnt work. Yet it is now more likely that they want someone to give up their only means of transportation. Sounds like someone might be a little too paranoid.

Im sure if that happens they arent going to send you on your way and not take ur car. But your arguing that it is not likely that someone has a scrap car at home that doesnt work. Yet it is now more likely that they want someone to give up their only means of transportation. Sounds like someone might be a little too paranoid.

grin.gif

In short, ad-fail.

grin.gif

Don't play yourself.

Because salvation army caters to less fortunate people, they are not "go green" or trying to help the atmosphere by reducing pollution, that is not their aim sir. They are basically speaking about junk cars that people may not be using (you know that neighbor that has a car parked up at the house that has been in the same spot for YEARS).

grin.gif

In short, ad-fail.

grin.gif

Don't play yourself.

Because salvation army caters to less fortunate people, they are not "go green" or trying to help the atmosphere by reducing pollution, that is not their aim sir. They are basically speaking about junk cars that people may not be using (you know that neighbor that has a car parked up at the house that has been in the same spot for YEARS).

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Son, you have to take in to consideration what we were given.

Keeping in mind that its in the BACK of the truck.

Do you know how much it costs to put an ad on a truck? Let alone many trucks?  Why would I put an ad on the BACK of my truck just hoping that the majority of people viewing it have a spare car lying around? How many people do YOU know with spare cars that they don't use AT ALL? From a business perspective, is that smart at all? 

As opposed to having them question whether they need to drive the car they're actually driving and possibly donating it which helps themselves (no repairs, gas, etc to worry about) AND others (one less car on the road, parts sold to help the poor)?

Compare how many people who have spare cars to those who want to be more "green". Is it even a contest?

Do you know how much it costs to put an ad on a truck? Let alone many trucks?  Why would I put an ad on the BACK of my truck just hoping that the majority of people viewing it have a spare car lying around? How many people do YOU know with spare cars that they don't use AT ALL? From a business perspective, is that smart at all? 

As opposed to having them question whether they need to drive the car they're actually driving and possibly donating it which helps themselves (no repairs, gas, etc to worry about) AND others (one less car on the road, parts sold to help the poor)?

Compare how many people who have spare cars to those who want to be more "green". Is it even a contest?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm sorry, I tried to be mature about this, but your just a flat out dumb *%@

grin.gif

In short, ad-fail.

grin.gif

Don't play yourself.

Oh ok. Because every corporation that promotes going green HAS to be in the environmental field right? 
laugh.gif

I mean, it would make no sense to subliminally promote that message because maybe... just maybe going green doesn't benefit everybody right? No, that's completely out of the question. There's 0% chance that they're doing that.

Oh, and every company that has made measures to go more green and to promote being more environmentally friendly has to have that as the field they're in.

Cool.

grin.gif

In short, ad-fail.

grin.gif

Don't play yourself.

Oh ok. Because every corporation that promotes going green HAS to be in the environmental field right? 
laugh.gif

I mean, it would make no sense to subliminally promote that message because maybe... just maybe going green doesn't benefit everybody right? No, that's completely out of the question. There's 0% chance that they're doing that.

Oh, and every company that has made measures to go more green and to promote being more environmentally friendly has to have that as the field they're in.

Cool.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

4e025ce46d606fcbb0f8ee65bd855bdb6bb2cf5.gif

4e025ce46d606fcbb0f8ee65bd855bdb6bb2cf5.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pot-kettle-black.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pot-kettle-black.jpg

Back
Top Bottom