So i got frauded today, Yea i took the L update in the cops hands now pg 7

first off, i already know about 50% of you are going to say you took an L, too bad, if it's too good to be true....never trust.....etc etc, yes i know itook an L but read the whole issues please

So i was browsing around craigslist, and a listing for a guy who had a family emergency and wa selling his xbox, ps3, kid's ipod touches, and a laptop wason there, so me natrually wanted to see how much he wanted for the ps3 and ipods.

i emailed him via craigslist, and got a reply back, stating 200$ for the ps3, and 100$ each for the ipods, and for my # to cal lme to talk about it. so i shoothim my #, and this guy sounds extremely distraught like he is either hella sad/pissed, or that he just woke up.. Anyway we're negotiating and he soundscool and all, and gives me the address to his apartment. this was at about 12 pm, i told him i would go to meet him at about 8 pm or so and he agreed to it.

so i head up to his apt, which is about 45 mins away btw, and i call him to give him the heads up that i'm heading up there, says he's not at the aptat the moment, it's his gf's apt, and that he'll be there in about 15 mins. sidenote, this guy did not know the exact apt #, like the "K"building, but he is able to describe the area PERFECTLY....so i was like yea that can happen, you start to memorize an area and not the #, sure cool. So i waitoutside this apartment area, and he shows up. He instantly shakes my hand, and hopes into my car, and tells me to take him to the back side of the apt. (btwthe apt is one of those apt buildings in a small neighborhood looking area, where there are apts a-z, and they are located all over the place...almost like atown house...)

so we head to the back, i park the whip on the side, and he straight up asks for the cash before going in to get the ps3 and ipods. I' like....nawww manthat's tooooooooo iffy, i mean you're cool and all and been in constant contact all day, but naw... so i decide to give him partial funds. So i walkwith him to a blank door, that has 4 other apartment doors inside a small hallway. he tells me to wait, goes into the blank door, and hops back out 2 minslater, like yo can i get the rest of the money before i get your stuff, and i'm like nah man, he keeps pushin like, my gf wants to know i have all themoney before i take the stuff out of the apartment....etc.... so i'm like, no dude just bring the stuff out and you can have the rest. so he goes in....andyup....never appears again

i go through the door, and see the 4 other apts.....................and the fire door
indifferent.gif
, that DOESN'T have an alarm to it or anything....
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
i go through the fire door, and it leads directly to the front of the aptcomplex...where i was earlier

soooo i'm about 99% sure kid diidy bopped out the fire door and escaped with his homie, or a different whip

so i take this as a "L" today, it was for about $200 or so.....

....now get this, i've already figured i got "got" today, take the L...and move on.....but i searched craigslist, and his ad was STILL up, so idecided to make a fake e-mail address and e-mail him about his goods he has up. This time i tried to sound different and ask for his "other" itemshe was selling, an xbox and the laptop.....and this guy has the nerve to reply back stating he still has it!....so i'm like...oohhhhh kaayyyyy and he isdoing the same thing, asking for my # so he can discuss things etc. etc.

after this email, i've called my local police, it's 1:41 am here now, and they tell me there is nothing they can do since it's out of theirdistrict, and that i'll have to go to the police station in that area where i was 45 mins away to discuss things with thim and how we can go about this....

.....so my nt fam, yea i got got....but it seems this guy is still out there and still being shady...i DONT want to give you guys his email or #....not justyet....but i wanted to see if you think these "detectives" i'm supposed to talk to tomorrow ill actually do anything? i mean what if this kiddoes THE exact same set up, apartment area and all....?

cliffnotes-saw a good eal on cl.com
-went to the guy's place
-guy asks him to take him to the backside of the apt
-asks for a small part of the money, goes through apt complex door never shows up
-i go through same door, and realize there is a fire exit with no alarm on it
-pretty sure i got frauded
-made a fake email , and emailed him about different items he had for sale
-he's still out there trying to "get people"....
-called cops and said i have to go to the location that is 45 mins away to get in touch with the local police/detectives...

Hmmmm interesting.....Depends on the area, if it is in a safe neighborhood they will at the very least hear you out. That is Fraud, thing is if you gave himmore money (all of yours) it would be a felony and they would HAVE to examine it. I would do what your police asked you to do, you can also ask to betransferred to their NON-emergency hotline....

Be careful, as of now you ONLY have his number which ehh might not even be his.

Well if you think your going to get 200 for an PS3, that sounds just off right there. Even with the family emergency, he could of asked for 300-350 and got it.But first, deal with those cops and see what they can do. Your actually in a good situation right now,you have alot of info for him. So most likely, everythingwill turn out fine.

Do a sting operation! Set up cameras in the area and post up vids. That'll teach him.

And if he tries to get out back again have a gang of dudes waiting for him.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Hmmmm interesting.....Depends on the area, if it is in a safe neighborhood they will at the very least hear you out. That is Fraud, thing is if you gave him more money (all of yours) it would be a felony and they would HAVE to examine it. I would do what your police asked you to do, you can also ask to be transferred to their NON-emergency hotline....

area is a pretty "white" area, i used too live there actually a couple years ago, and it's like those small towny type of areas witha mall about 25 mins away and such...
i was on their non emergency line btw, and they told me i have to go there in person to see whats up really....but yea

the "seller" sent me an email asking for my #, and basically "whats up"...so yea i have yet to reply, seeing as how i should talk to thelocal police "up there" first

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

granite_cliff.jpg

mc0062.jpg

nerd.gif

lol not that serious...but good one

Originally Posted by Mister916

Do a sting operation! Set up cameras in the area and post up vids. That'll teach him.

would good would it do? camera showing a kid frauding me...again...lol,

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Well if you think your going to get 200 for an PS3, that sounds just off right there. Even with the family emergency, he could of asked for 300-350 and got it. But first, deal with those cops and see what they can do. Your actually in a good situation right now,you have alot of info for him. So most likely, everything will turn out fine.
hey you never know, i really have gotten crazy good deals on CL before...so i just thought it was a crazy person in super crunch mode....again younever know...

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by Mister916

would good would it do? camera showing a kid frauding me...again...lol,
Sorry I edited my post. Now with a twist.

Hmmmm interesting.....Depends on the area, if it is in a safe neighborhood they will at the very least hear you out. That is Fraud, thing is if you gave him more money (all of yours) it would be a felony and they would HAVE to examine it. I would do what your police asked you to do, you can also ask to be transferred to their NON-emergency hotline....

area is a pretty "white" area, i used too live there actually a couple years ago, and it's like those small towny type of areas with a mall about 25 mins away and such...
i was on their non emergency line btw, and they told me i have to go there in person to see whats up really....but yea

the "seller" sent me an email asking for my #, and basically "whats up"...so yea i have yet to reply, seeing as how i should talk to the local police "up there" first

If the neighborhood is nice, than you are in the money. I would see if there is anyway you could get a car to go with you. Thing is the moment he sees you hegonna know what's up. Ask one of your friends to go in your place, and have the cops there when it goes down. I see no reason why the cops wouldn'thelp if it happened in a nice neighborhood.....

I remember in Cali a similar thing happened to my boy, cops were waiting for dude when he tried to dip. The look on his face = priceless. I was like now I knowhow Chris Hansen feels.
laugh.gif

Depends on your goal, ruin his life, or get your money back. If your goal is the latter I would go with my option.

area is a pretty "white" area, i used too live there actually a couple years ago, and it's like those small towny type of areas with a mall about 25 mins away and such...

the "seller" sent me an email asking for my #, and basically "whats up"...so yea i have yet to reply, seeing as how i should talk to the local police "up there" first

If the neighborhood is nice, than you are in the money. I would see if there is anyway you could get a car to go with you. Thing is the moment he sees you he gonna know what's up. Ask one of your friends to go in your place, and have the cops there when it goes down. I see no reason why the cops wouldn't help if it happened in a nice neighborhood.....

Depends on your goal, ruin his life, or get your money back. If your goal is the latter I would go with my option.
oh no doubt, i was NOT going to go....and in fact, i was planning on giving him my friends # to talk to him and see whats up, but again my wifeytold me to just chill this time, and not reply yet until i talk to the local cops in that area

the kid seemed to be like 19, so when he talkes about "having a kid and having an emergency" with his fam, it seemed sorta legit, white boy, tattedup, ryan sheckler lookin kid...

neighborhood is nice, but apartment complex is super mixed...lol, i saw a bunch of DGK like kids runnin around, and some bmws, and other rich !%@ lookin carsaround lol

ALWAYS bring a burner when doing cl meetups. trust nobody. Cuz anything could have happend.

Get one of your friends to meet up with him and have a gang of your dudes waiting for him, pin him down and take that !%+ V-card you know whats good
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

bring a burner and waste that fool!
laugh.gif
this dude...

Originally Posted by sauuceking

Get one of your friends to meet up with him and have a gang of your dudes waiting for him, pin him down and take that !%+ V-card you know whats good
pimp.gif

eek.gif
mad suspect

not sure i would have posted on here,

there is a saying in spanish that goes

por su propia boca muere el pez - translation - from it's own mouth, a fish meets death.

chances are slim that someone on NT would know the guy but why take the risk?

what your girl told you was smart. take your time or chances are he will catch on ask questions like what else it comes with and that you are in the areavisiting but live in a neighboring state - this will lower his defense as he will think "even better, they won't have time to deal with the cops or beable to recognize me."

Good luck and keep us updated.

Damm good luck getting your money back, but to many stories of people being ripped off and esspecially to give money first to someone you just met on CL?Anyway i dont think the cops will do anything but make a police report, your best bet is to show up with your boys under a fake transaction and just deal withhim and his freind. Good luck though hope it works out.

Back
Top Bottom