SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

If the service sucks I agree, I just leave like a dollar or whatever change I have, but usually places that put the gratuity on the bill, tell you that on the bill or even on the menu. It's not a surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a nter in the last tipping thread that said he doesnt tip but wen he goes out with his friends and they leave a tip he takes it
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 I remember that

There was a nter in the last tipping thread that said he doesnt tip but wen he goes out with his friends and they leave a tip he takes it
roll.gif
I think it was lakersman. Said if he felt they ain't deserve it he'd take it
laugh.gif
That's some next level **** man. Not tipping I can understand. Snatching up a tip is something completely different.

Because in the mind of one who is poor, either in finance or judgement, a person must show that they have money in order for them to have money.
laugh.gif

There are wealthy people that do not tip. There are poor people that do not tip. It's a dumb, illogical insult that people turn to because they know you won't be tipping them the next time you visit Applebees for half off apps.
facts,    you and the other dude in here that's a server have been speaking some truth in this thread and its still people trying to disagree with you guys on the whole tipping topic even though they never worked a single day as a server.

and spot on about C service expecting a B or A tip.
Sure, C service expecting a B or A tip is spot on.  But C service and getting no tip is NOT spot on.....which is the basis oc this entire thread.  It's cheap and disrespectful...especially to a place that OP goes to regularly.

i feel that, but it is what it is with tipping.    some folks are set in their ways.   if you have no intent on tipping regardless if you receive above and beyond service then that's a terrible look, but not everyone tips.

unless op is withholding stuff from what happened, the way i see it is this, him tipping was totally optional if he wanted to do it or not.  i personally would tip for average service but that's me.  but the way the manager and owner reacted is a bad look. that, "why didn't you leave me a tip" attitude from management is what causes an establishment to lose business beyond the non tipper. they may not care about losing the non tipper, but the mindset i get from management and ownership from this place is that my business doesn't matter or i'm irrelevant to them if i don't tip or tip what they deem appropriate. 

Neither do shoes at footlocker but I'm not tipping dude for grabbing my size

Americans are so entitled. Restaurants hire waiters to serve, not the customers

Footlocker employees work off of low wage + commission

Servers at restaurants work off of low wage + tips

Just give up bra

099759b90cd5e116e4cabaf9d44471a42faa969b1a436de94f9819b8a41994a2.jpg

:rofl:

I remember that :lol:

I can't imagine seeing one of my friends snatching a tip I just put on the table. he'd get checked real quick.

this thread is all over the damb place :lol:
dudes just can't get over the fact that not everyone shares their opinion. would I do what OP did? nope, it just is what it is.

His analogy still stands. Employee commission is paid by employers, not customers. I don't hand the dude a dollar for finding me a sz 13, Footlocker does.
If FootLocker adopted tips, they could lower the price of shoes by placing the operating cost of paying employees onto the customer

Strange how people in here are brainwashed into literally giving money away

Paying people extra for doing an average job lol. The whole point of tipping is to motivate workers into giving good service. The fact that people tip regardless of service quality turns the habit into literally handing out free money.

If the combined wait period of waiting to order and waiting for the bill is longer than the time it takes to cook and eat the food then no tips are being handed out.

have only tipped low once...made us wait 45 when the estimate was 20.  OP is a brokeboy for not tipping anything though.

Anybody here actually worked in the service industry? I want to know what their opinion is on the matter. Probably someone did but I don't want to go through all the pages...

yup. tried to tip a cabbie for a short ride in australia and he got offended. they don't really tip there. you get good service in japan and tipping is not part of their culture.
i tip and tip pretty good most times whenever i eat out. have never not tipped but OP is entitled to do as he pleases without harassment and def should not be banned.

OP should definitely not go back even if he wasn't banned. might get the special sauce on his pizza next time.

Last edited:
yup. tried to tip a cabbie for a short ride in australia and he got offended. they don't really tip there. you get good service in japan and tipping is not part of their culture.
i tip and tip pretty good most times whenever i eat out. have never not tipped but OP is entitled to do as he pleases without harassment and def should not be banned.

OP should definitely not go back even if he wasn't banned. might get the special sauce on his pizza next time.
Tipping is considered offensive in a lot of countries and the service is not much different from America. Not including taxes on price tags is annoying too. If the price is 19.99 dollars then I should be able to pay a 20 for it

Lol at all the people saying well in other places they don't tip.. So go there and live happily ever after with your cheap ***

L on your part for going to any restaurant more than once if you havent been tipping befiore

:lol: if you think they remember you and arent ******* with your food

i know students that work at food spots on the side and trust me the stories my boys tell me :x savages if yall a regular there and dont tip :x

Last edited:
I cannot wait till some restaurant starts a no tip policy and instead pays their waiters a reasonable living wage. Hipsters help with this sort of progress. Hopefully, it snowballs int changing the tip culture nonsense here.

People in here acting like serving food is the only hard working, service industry job. It's truly not the customers fault that the owners of a restaurant aren't paying a reasonable wage. Implicit in the word tip itself is that it is extra, not a substitute.

Tipping is an unwritten rule..

The servers depend on tips..that is their livelihood ..not only do you look really bad..you are taking money out of their pockets..

If u don't tip..stick to fast food joints..where it is not required

Giving an actual excuse not to tip is hilarious

Justify all you want..it looks terrible

Back
Top Bottom