So I got an interview with Nike..

Alright thanks guys, I don't have the interview until Friday so I should have enough time to get ready.
And also I believe it's just going to be a one-on-one interview since the manager asked me what day and time worked for me.

Thanks again, if you guys have anything else to add it would definitely be help to me.
If I get the job i'll be hooking it up with discounts
wink.gif

Originally Posted by arsenalGUNNER1

Alright thanks guys, I don't have the interview until Friday so I should have enough time to get ready.
And also I believe it's just going to be a one-on-one interview since the manager asked me what day and time worked for me.

Thanks again, if you guys have anything else to add it would definitely be help to me.
wink.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

wink.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

I really need this job because I hate my dishwashing job I have right now. It's just a standard part time sales position. What's the interview like? What do I wear? Any information would be really appreciated.
As far as what to wear goes, dress professional...dress pants, dress shoes, BELT (essential; preferably black), dress shirt, and a tie. I know it's just a retail job, but first impressions will make or break you (especially with the clowns that are gonna show up dressed head to toe in nike). And also, take your clothes to the dry cleaners beforehand and ask them to press them out for you (less time consuming than ironing and much more crispy).

I really need this job because I hate my dishwashing job I have right now. It's just a standard part time sales position. What's the interview like? What do I wear? Any information would be really appreciated.
As far as what to wear goes, dress professional...dress pants, dress shoes, BELT (essential; preferably black), dress shirt, and a tie. I know it's just a retail job, but first impressions will make or break you (especially with the clowns that are gonna show up dressed head to toe in nike). And also, take your clothes to the dry cleaners beforehand and ask them to press them out for you (less time consuming than ironing and much more crispy).

tell them the minute you walk in, F all the bull %!@$ you just want the swoosh account so you could hook up cedric ceballos 1995 lakers. then you give them he secret handshake and you get the job.

seriously though if you really want the job just dress up, look professional, make yourself stand out in a good way, and leave the interview with them having the impression that your a reliable, hardworker, who would be an asset to their company.

tell them the minute you walk in, F all the bull %!@$ you just want the swoosh account so you could hook up cedric ceballos 1995 lakers. then you give them he secret handshake and you get the job.

seriously though if you really want the job just dress up, look professional, make yourself stand out in a good way, and leave the interview with them having the impression that your a reliable, hardworker, who would be an asset to their company.

wink.gif
u know u can lose ur job with nike by doing that
wink.gif
they tell u that during ur orientation

wink.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by blazinRook

talk about how you always wear there gear because its fashionable but at the same time able to do some work in...(something to that effect)

be creative...always
happy.gif
, be nice, hard worker, good working with teams, take initative....really love the brand, that type of stuff...

i heard they get $400 to buy nike gear every couple months or so is this true
nerd.gif

and which NT, is it NTSF by any chance?
and i dont know how all NT's work but NTSF gives u a set list and outta that list u pick 2 pants 2 shirts a jacket and a pair of shoes and u sorta get them for free u have to pay the tax for the combined total which comes outta ur check

Originally Posted by blazinRook

talk about how you always wear there gear because its fashionable but at the same time able to do some work in...(something to that effect)

be creative...always
happy.gif
, be nice, hard worker, good working with teams, take initative....really love the brand, that type of stuff...

i heard they get $400 to buy nike gear every couple months or so is this true
nerd.gif

and which NT, is it NTSF by any chance?
and i dont know how all NT's work but NTSF gives u a set list and outta that list u pick 2 pants 2 shirts a jacket and a pair of shoes and u sorta get them for free u have to pay the tax for the combined total which comes outta ur check

It's just retail...I'd say just show a good attitude, be professional, if there's an opportunity definitely talk about how you like Nike products a lot and would have the passion to work here and do whatever you can to help customers.

It's just retail...I'd say just show a good attitude, be professional, if there's an opportunity definitely talk about how you like Nike products a lot and would have the passion to work here and do whatever you can to help customers.

Originally Posted by LaunchPadMcQuack

wink.gif
wink.gif
They don't have to know 
wink.gif

But I really appreciate all the help guys. I feel like i'll be ready for the interview, tired of being a @*!@!# dishwasher.

And i'll definitely be dressing professionally, with dress shoes not Nikes.

Also what type of questions do they typically ask for retail jobs?

wink.gif
wink.gif
They don't have to know 
wink.gif

But I really appreciate all the help guys. I feel like i'll be ready for the interview, tired of being a @*!@!# dishwasher.

wink.gif
wink.gif
They don't have to know 
wink.gif

But I really appreciate all the help guys. I feel like i'll be ready for the interview, tired of being a *$*%** dishwasher.

i just got hired from nike and believe me they will know. i just finished a week long training and they keep track of every single purchase you make. they check sizes for every purchase and if anything is unusual they will flag your account..

for the interview, the questions i were asked were:
explain your resume (bring 2 copies)
Why nike?
What would you do if you are given directions and you dont agree with them?
talk about a obstacle you overcame
what are you passionate about outside of sports
retail background
and a few others

you will most likely be in an interview with others.

i wore a dress shirt, tie and slacks with DRESS SHOES

out of 307 applicants, 65 were hired and only 2 followed up with an email or voicemail after the interview...i was 1 of those 2 and got hired the night of that interview even though they were continuing with interview for the next few days and i had never had retail experience

good luck

wink.gif
wink.gif
They don't have to know 
wink.gif

But I really appreciate all the help guys. I feel like i'll be ready for the interview, tired of being a *$*%** dishwasher.

i just got hired from nike and believe me they will know. i just finished a week long training and they keep track of every single purchase you make. they check sizes for every purchase and if anything is unusual they will flag your account..

Why nike?
retail background
and a few others

out of 307 applicants, 65 were hired and only 2 followed up with an email or voicemail after the interview...i was 1 of those 2 and got hired the night of that interview even though they were continuing with interview for the next few days and i had never had retail experience

good luck

my boy got his Nike job about 2 weeks ago. He had a group interview. The group he was in were all athletes like himself. He had a good past experience like playing college football then working for years at another Sports Retailer.. as for the rest of the group, he told me all participated in collegiate athletics. he had some competition. He presented a very good resume and made himself stand out. So he got it.

you need a good background, clean. also good past job experiences. and you have to be an athlete.

Got many things out of his accomplishment
happy.gif
pimp.gif

my boy got his Nike job about 2 weeks ago. He had a group interview. The group he was in were all athletes like himself. He had a good past experience like playing college football then working for years at another Sports Retailer.. as for the rest of the group, he told me all participated in collegiate athletics. he had some competition. He presented a very good resume and made himself stand out. So he got it.

you need a good background, clean. also good past job experiences. and you have to be an athlete.

Got many things out of his accomplishment
happy.gif
pimp.gif

I would say in any job interview, a Polo or collared button up w/tie, khakis or slacks and dress shoes. your professionalism and your attire will make a huge impact on the person that's trying to hire you.

I would say in any job interview, a Polo or collared button up w/tie, khakis or slacks and dress shoes. your professionalism and your attire will make a huge impact on the person that's trying to hire you.

Originally Posted by agold1002

wink.gif
wink.gif
They don't have to know 
wink.gif

Why nike?
retail background
and a few others

good luck

This is big help. Thanks man. I'll prepare based on your experience.

Originally Posted by agold1002

wink.gif
wink.gif
They don't have to know 
wink.gif

Why nike?
retail background
and a few others

good luck

This is big help. Thanks man. I'll prepare based on your experience.

Back
Top Bottom