So I bumped Biggie again after 2 years of Not listening to him on purpose...

First song up: One more Chance (OG)
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 during the whole entire song. That was all I needed to hear to reinstate my opinion that Biggie is the G.O.A.T. Like this shh was seriously on a whole other level. The whole time I'm just thinking how is it possible that he was this damn good. And the Remix is even better....Flabbergasted. 

Lesson : Anytime you're listening to these new rappers and are thinking, "Damn these guys could be up there on that level", just throw on a biggie song and proceed to slap yourself.

Originally Posted by black chiney

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

eminem > big

nah and i'm a fan of marshall

basically.......

and i feel you op about how u think about rappers in the new era being so great as to solidifying a legendary spot......but then throw on some of the proven GREATS, and come back to reality and recognize the roots!.........i just recently had to do this with Jigga. i mean, i know its Jay Z......but dammnnn can he spit!!! aint like i didnt know that already
laugh.gif

Pac > any rapper you name

Andre 3k > any rapper besides Pac

besides them 2 I would put BIG over anybody

Em is up there 2

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

Pac > any rapper you name

Andre 3k > any rapper besides Pac

besides them 2 I would put BIG over anybody

Em is up there 2
No. 
i agree with millionuppercuts
3000>>ANYONE

Lyrics 3000>everyone, but everything sales, lyrics, beats, swag Jay-Z... My opinion... I dont think pac is in the top 10 lyrics wise

3000 started off as a cool underrated rapper. No you guys are making him overrated. Really now, he's good. Nah he's a great rapper but he's not seeing Biggie. He's not even seeing Nas, Jay-Z, Big Pun or pac. Stop it.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

3000 started off as a cool underrated rapper. No you guys are making him overrated. Really now, he's good. Nah he's a great rapper but he's not seeing Biggie. He's not even seeing Nas, Jay-Z, Big Pun or pac. Stop it.

Originally Posted by bibby2peja

how could big even be considered GOAT with one decent album

indifferent.gif

AKA one of the best hip-hop albums ever and another classic as well.

Although I do agree he isn't the GOAT, I can't consider him that when he only had two albums. I think he's one of the greatest of all-time, but definitely not the GOAT.
ohwell.gif
Just my opinion but I wouldn't get mad if anyone wanted to call him the GOAT I guess.

OverGrinding wrote:
snoop got bars... all rakim got to his name is his name...

time you wildin' son! Go listen to Follow the Leader and realize that this was in 1988 and then tell me Rakim isnt better than Snoop!

I think Big would have ended up on Jay's level had he put out more albums. Most rappers best material comes out in their first to second albums. He also had insane production from Puffy. They were just sampling and putting out hits left and right with Puffy, Mase, and Big. Then Puffy ran out of hot beats to sample and they fell off. You had a perfect match of a producer who was just coming up and putting out his best "samples" and a rapper that was just coming out with his own best verses.

If 50 had died after Get Rich or Die Trying, people would say he's one of the best ever. If Nas had died after Illmatic and It Was Written, people would say he was the best ever. (Well, people do but it would be a bit different) You can't just assume that every album Big would have put out would be as hot as Ready to Die and Life After Death.

Big is one of the best ever but he can't be the best because he didn't put out enough music.

Back
Top Bottom