So, how is it in Memphis, TN? Looking at going there on my next trip on my bucket list.

So, is it any locals that are from there, or currently residing there? How is it for Tourist and such. I keep hearing about how bad the crime is down there, so I’m just wondering if it’s worth a trip?

But, I don’t really want to do “touristy” stuff. I want to actually mingle with locals and such.

Damn… I was actually considering popping up in Memphis for a couple of days so I was looking forward to some good responses in this thread. But damn. Doesn’t seem like I’ll be making it out that way. :lol: :smh:

Never got to go, always enjoyed going through their airport it definitely highlights what finessence finessence mentioned. Used to red eye from LAX back there as a connection through Delta.

Met Reverend Run in there one time

My boy went last spring for a work trip and got to explore. Wasnt a fan and would never go back is what I remember him saying lol.

Make sure to try McDonalds and see how it compares to your home city.

Memphis was fun as hell when I went 🤷🏾‍♂️ me and the wife already talking bout goin back. Ate good, drank good, reasonable prices, smoke gas all down Beale Street….my kinda party

Just go to Nashville instead, man :lol:

Nashville and Memphis couldn’t be any more different. I can’t see anyone cross-shopping those 2 cities. :lol:

I have love for Nashville, but it’s essentially a white woman’s Mecca at this point. Plenty of cowgirl boots, bachelorette day drinking parties and lululemon everywhere. Depending on where you go, the surge in popularity has kinda made it entirely way too touristy. Still a lot to see/do there, but you’re gonna have to wade through gobs of soon-to-be Karen’s and fake tough guy dude bros.

Memphis is black as hell. Way less touristy, although it does have that too. As a whole it’s less gentrified and feels more authentic. The Civil Rights Museum is a MUST. Beale St. is cool for what it is. Plenty of great food there.

But yeah, completely different vibes between Nashville and Memphis.

Went Nashville a few weeks ago. Great food, beautiful city, clean.

Lots of women

Had a blast

Back
Top Bottom